Ancestral Call + Melee Splash + Multistrike

i could see them just changing melee splash to ancestral call. ancestral call is the same, except better because of the 2ndary effects thing.

so what would be an example of a skill that you would use melee splash over ancestral call?

as it stands, ancestral call will be used for clear while multistrike will still be used for single target, or if you just want extreme attack speed.
"
xMustard wrote:
i could see them just changing melee splash to ancestral call. ancestral call is the same, except better because of the 2ndary effects thing.

so what would be an example of a skill that you would use melee splash over ancestral call?

A lot lol

If i have 20 monsters in front of me, a pure single target would hit the 20 with splash but only 3 with Ancestral call

Ancestral call with benefit to melee skills with a Proj or AOE secondary effect

while splash will benefit single target skill by spreading their Effect to the most monsters possible

removing Splash would be a major Nerf to minion skills, especially Dominating blow
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 19, 2017, 12:29:16 PM
oh right i guess thats true, cause ancestral call is only on two other targets - right right.

man shit is getting pretty cluttered for single target melee attacks lol. sunder all the way bois
"
xMustard wrote:

as it stands, ancestral call will be used for clear while multistrike will still be used for single target, or if you just want extreme attack speed.

Infernal Blow would probably still use Melee Splash, if not both Ancestral Call and splash.

Dominating Blow doesn't work with AC XD
I think that no one sane will ever use this support in it's current state over splash, or it could happen only by exception. Something exotic of a kind.
What I can see is a pseudo AoE, payed with high less multiplier penalty. plus zero creativity or opportunity.
And that's the patch gift for the under performing melee play style, the leper stepkid.

BTW taking a look at all of the incoming gems just made me disappointed. Quality aside, I just couldn't understand the description of many, it took me time. And I'm still not confident I got it right.

Some experts in the design team don't even bother anymore. If they are truly so bored, probably the time for a long deserved rest has already come?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Are we sure that dominating blow can't be supported by AC, or is it just that the minions created by it don't carry it over to their attacks?
"
torturo wrote:
I think that no one sane will ever use this support in it's current state over splash, or it could happen only by exception. Something exotic of a kind.

Frost Blades, Wild Strike, Molten Strike et al were already mentioned in this thread as massively favouring Ancestral Call over Splash. Not only does Ancestral Call offer similar or better multi-target AoE, it can also still do something in boss fights, due to triggering Projectiles/etc. off secondary targets.

But why bother reading the thread you're commenting in eh. Not like that could ever offer insights that you've blatantly missed.
Similar support gems but work differently.
Spoiler
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Nice info graphic.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 19, 2017, 3:49:47 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Frost Blades, Wild Strike, Molten Strike...
But why bother reading the thread you're commenting in eh. Not like that could ever offer insights that you've blatantly missed.

I took my time to read the whole thread, as I do with any single one I comment in.

This gem is a net damage loss to FB, as long this skill is played with MS, and there are ways to chain without penalty, nor having gem slot occupied.
Molten strike - there's no confirmation that AC will in practice generate additional projectiles by every of its extra hits. If so, it will support the skill pretty nice. If not, you get it. Damage loss to single targets in both cases.
Wild strike, yes.

AC actually appears to be a great new addition, eventually able to support two skills at best. I'm golf clapping in the background.

And tbh I doubt the initial design was ever considered to target these certain skills, it's obviously to support namelocking skills without MS support. Which is even funnier.

While on jokes, got to mention spell cascade.
I'm quite afraid to comment on many of the rest in the announcement - gem description is so vague and confusing that I don't even dare.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 19, 2017, 3:58:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info