Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Now that Offerings aren't put into the Map Device to run Uber Lab...

"
adghar wrote:
Challenges? I just mentioned that this is a problem on SSF Standard.

For reference: You do realise that there are players who truly believe they can consistently make a profit from manual 6-linking because "the chances aren't that bad, I get it in 200-300 fuses every league," yes?

That analogy has zero to do with what I said. But anyway, get it once and you will have it forever on standard. Just put some work on it, nobody is gonna expect uber trials done by level 90 on 1 character. You just being silly, as proven by your old quote.
"
Miská wrote:
get it once and you will have it forever on standard.

Which, btw, is one of the best reasons to play Standard. =)

One of the best feelings in the game is when you see a trial portal, laugh a little and go "naah, f that" and run past it.
"
Miská wrote:

That analogy has zero to do with what I said. But anyway, get it once and you will have it forever on standard. Just put some work on it, nobody is gonna expect uber trials done by level 90 on 1 character. You just being silly, as proven by your old quote.

How has it zero to do with what you said? "A few days at most" is one player's experience, but it can vary wildly - Ceri is one player who says she's frequently (however that is, by her metric), "hundreds of maps deep" without the 6th trial. I'm probably in a similar boat, although I don't count maps, so I couldn't say for sure.

Technically I'm several weeks (2 months?) in with no 6th trial, but that is to be expected since I can't play much during weekdays - as you said, one has to actually run Maps in a day for that day to yield results.

Silly? My old post was a clear case of douchebaggery, some of which is probably leaking out in this post as well. But the suggestion I've made is one that reduces disappointment - instead of "Oh, a dupe, another item I can't use yet..." you get, "Oh, nice, even if it's a dupe, I get a second chance! Double the tries!" without really negatively impacting the economy.

The downside, like I admitted, is that it becomes "easier." Whether or not that downside is too much is for GGG to consider and for us to debate... it appears you think it would be way too much easier if we doubled the chances this way, yes?

EDIT: Speaking of douchebaggery about RNG, though -
got three of these stashed up in SSF on only 1 character to 90, plus I used one, don't know what everyone's complaining about their rarity for :P (you know this is gonna bite me in the ass when I play an SSF league in the future and can't get a single one to drop)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Nov 18, 2017, 4:30:11 PM
I'm not sure its sensible to gate it behind RNG at all, or have them popping up as a distraction when you are trying to do something else.

Just make them accessible from the Plaza. That place is damn empty.
They could have trials u lock every 2 map tiers. Last one I lock at Tier 12 , if you gain bonus on a Tier 12 map.

Anyway, not complaining. Having trials in maps just silly. Without portaling out , to swap to life flasks and respec pateons, doing some trials with a VP char can be very dangerous.
I don't see why not, and... why don't uber lab trials spawn in order (rather than completely randomly and with chance of duplicate), like, you know, all other lab trials.

I know the game is not meant to be balanced around SSF, but it seems to me to be a fairly reliable rule of thumb that if something is incredibly painful and annoying in SSF, it's probably a bad system that could use improvements.
"
TheLiberation wrote:
I don't see why not, and... why don't uber lab trials spawn in order (rather than completely randomly and with chance of duplicate), like, you know, all other lab trials.

I know the game is not meant to be balanced around SSF, but it seems to me to be a fairly reliable rule of thumb that if something is incredibly painful and annoying in SSF, it's probably a bad system that could use improvements.

Alot of these are logical. If not for the loud hardcore White knights, that defend PoE like a religion, many logical things could have been implemented earlier, or at all.
If you're looking for trials in SSF, do you consume all your silver coins? For me it's always been annoying when I get a trial prophecy, because so far my chars have been too squishy to farm uber on their own (or well, I'm too much of a noob to dodge all of the AoEs). I'm pretty sure I got all trials by the time I hit 80 on each char (but again, I couldn't do lab).
Maybe I'm "lucky", but again, I do prophecies and I haven't particularly cared that much.
I like the idea of offerings being used in a map device opening a random trial. They would have to do some extra coding to make sure that trials opened using a map device couldn't drop trials so you can't chain them forever... but this would be a great change imo.

I have an SSF character I play on xbox harbinger (randomly for fun). I have 28 challenges done and just last night found the last trial. Level 88. I couldn't believe how long it took to find it.

RNG sucks with character skill point progression, so I would welcome this change.
Why not?

Personally, I've not run into this problem, but I know RNG can be like that.

+1.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info