Cannot view forum thread for newly announced 3.1.0 expansion

Hey guys.

A lot of people were linking to that thread, and GGG preferred that people who don't necessarily play the game be shown the page they had carefully prepared for those people. You're welcome to post in other threads instead of that one. The redirect is being done temporarily - although I'm not sure for how long. They haven't said. There's a lot they haven't said...

I agree that GGG hasn't handled this well - and I am one of the people who've been moderated during this incident. I'd link you to my post in the Announcements section from last night, but it was deleted. I don't say that to whine, but to try to offer some transparency - because lord knows, somebody needs to. And it doesn't appear to be coming quickly from GGG.

But while their communication has been uncharacteristically poor, they're not acting in bad faith. Yeah, it'd be nice if they'd posted about it to clear the air. It'd be nice if they created a duplicate of the thread for us to read and post in - perhaps while hiding the original one. It'd be nice if they had done any of a number of things which they've thus far neglected to do.

The decision to redirect the thread was an impromptu one, and most of this unfolded over the weekend when a lot of senior people weren't in the office. I've since been in touch with Management about this and attempted to highlight both our concerns and our perspective.

They haven't moderated any attempts to discuss the announcement of the expansion, any feedback on the supporter packs, or any feedback about the upcoming Abyss challenge league - regardless of whether the feedback was supportive or critical. What they have done is attempt to stop people from posting in a thread which is currently inaccessible. I disagree with this, but I do believe that their actions are done in good faith. I will admit I didn't always see it that way.

You're welcome to send your feedback on the thread being redirected, and subsequent moderation, to support@grindinggear.com. I realise it can be daunting to send your complaints about how staff have behaved to the very people you're criticizing. But your e-mail will be forwarded to Management, who'll seriously consider what you say. This isn't a "please e-mail if you have any concerns" copy pasta. I think their judgement has been poor and that they need to hear from us.

They've heard from me. I hope they hear from you.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
A lot of people were linking to that thread, and GGG preferred that people who don't necessarily play the game be shown the page they had carefully prepared for those people.
Thanks for the insider heads-up. :-)

"
Sarno wrote:
I agree that GGG hasn't handled this well - and I am one of the people who've been moderated during this incident. I'd link you to my post in the Announcements section from last night, but it was deleted. I don't say that to whine, but to try to offer some transparency - because lord knows, somebody needs to. And it doesn't appear to be coming quickly from GGG.

Yeah, it was seriously foobared by GGG. They should have just redirect any link to that announcements thread or its first page, not every single post and page afterwards.

Bad snap decision on GGG. No big deal, but major disrespect to the community and its fans. On that note, a simple, quick apology by GGG would be nice.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 20, 2017, 1:25:22 PM
Thank you Sarno
I will follow suit.

-Cheers
SSF since ~OB
Looks like we can read the thread again. Thank you GGG.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Looks like we can read the thread again. Thank you GGG.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I have done as Sarno asked, hopefully they will let us know what actually happened...
SSF since ~OB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info