Trade Manifesto

"
castanedalad wrote:
But the rest, like party invites and that stuff is intentional. And probably should stay.

Yes. But ANY game that states in their manifesto that "Trade is an important part of the game" and where you have to look up a "how to trade guide" before you know how it works is DEFINITELY doing something wrong!

And like I said, the fact that if I want to sell something I need to stop what I'm doing and portal to my hideout stops me from selling anything. INCREASING the wealth gap that GGG mentioned will increase with easy trade. Isn't that a strange line of reasoning?
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on Jan 21, 2019, 3:08:12 AM
"
PlatoniusIII wrote:
"
castanedalad wrote:
But the rest, like party invites and that stuff is intentional. And probably should stay.

Yes. But ANY game that states in their manifesto that "Trade is an important part of the game" and where you have to look up a "how to trade guide" before you know how it works is DEFINITELY doing something wrong!

And like I said, the fact that if I want to sell something I need to stop what I'm doing and portal to my hideout stops me from selling anything. INCREASING the wealth gap that GGG mentioned will increase with easy trade. Isn't that a strange line of reasoning?

I agree that necessity in third party tools is bad, and i also feel the same about trading, i wanted to sell some maps, but after selling 10-20 of them 1 alch each i just stopped responding. Something has to be done here, but something what will not break the fun of finding items.

On the other hand trading expensive items is exiting now, when you have to communicate with other people.
"
castanedalad wrote:
On the other hand trading expensive items is exiting now, when you have to communicate with other people.

Whisper copied message from trade site, join party when invited, travel to hideout, press "Accept" at the trade pop-up, insert goodies, hoover over what you want, press OK, type "ty", travel probably to you own hideout and leave party.

Yeah... that's a brilliant piece of player interaction right there...
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on Jan 23, 2019, 4:14:40 AM
"
castanedalad wrote:
I would advise re-reading trade manifesto, to all who complains that much, the first post in that thread.
Coding easy trade is not hard, but it will kill the fun of finding items and will hurt the economy.
Trading is hard intentionally.

There is room to improve, for example they can replace third party search apps with ingame search.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. Trading is not hard. It's a bother. You have an option here: spam 10-20 people for an item you need, or go SSF. Expensive items are in a decent place regarding the trade, but an online game, imho, should not rely on 3rd party websites and apps to make the game experience enjoyable. There needs to be a balance. Farming your atlas in the beginning of a league takes a long time, especially if you don't min-max with elder/shaper influence etc. and in order to save time (Which some of us don't have an infinite amount of) you go on a trading site that leaves you completely frustrated.

So you're stuck with 2 really bad options of progress: Either grind for a very long time (and eventually get bored in most cases), or spend a lot of time whispering afk people or people who don't respond because the trade API isn't working and the items have been sold hours ago.

It's not fun either to farm for an item for weeks and by the time you get it, you're bored of your character and want to make a new one. And it's almost more frustrating to spam a bunch of AFK people for the specific item you need, even though it takes a fraction of the time to grind it. No matter how you put it, it's simply not fun to work towards 1 item for weeks, especially if you could have it in 15 minutes if you spam enough people.

Either remove trade league or own up to it and create a working system that does not rely on third party sites and apps. Don't create half a game.
I'm really pleased to see people making reasoned posts regarding the state of trade and not simply deferring to the "trade manifesto" as some kind of bible to be worshipped and not questioned.

Hopefully as more new players share their thoughts and experiences regarding how bad the trade system is, something might actually change for the better regarding trade.

For me, I'm just hoping for a new POE clone with a decent trading system. Playing POE has become like playing a computer game that constantly starts crashing halfway through. I start a league, play till I can't put up with the trade any more and then stop. I don't think I'll be back next league and even if I am, I definitely won't be spending any more money on it.
Trading isn't hard, it's more annoying then hard. So you lost me with the whole trading isn't meant to be easy thing. Nothing in a game should be so annoying you just abstain from it even tho you can do it.

Last edited by Bipolartuna on Feb 4, 2019, 5:08:48 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Easy trade would make the disparity between different players too great
Both of the above points are even worse when you consider that the level of engagement with trade varies substantially from player to player. Most players who play Path of Exile never trade. Out of the players who do trade, most only complete a few trades in a league. The subset of players who regularly trade strongly overlaps with our core reddit and forum communities. Chances are, if you're reading this, then you're one of the top 10% of players in terms of engagement with advanced systems. The difference in magnitude of trading (and hence item acquisition and progress) between non/low-traders and heavy traders is gigantic. While a regular player would be lucky to accumulate a small handful of Exalted Orbs in a league, a trader might reach hundreds in the same timeframe. This enables them to fully-gear Shaper-capable characters while the non-trader is still in mid-tier maps or lower.

this is just wrong. Only a few people trade because it's an anti fun, annoying chore atm, and they want to have fun while playing the game instead of whispering to afk traders. If trading stops being a chore, more people will start trading. Only those who play SSF won't.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 6, 2019, 1:58:37 AM
I haven't played the whole game since the open Beta so I am pretty new to the game.
For a game that is trade based I found it surprising that they rely on third party websites to do this for them. Not sure if they just do now know on how to implement a good tradepost or they are not interested in doing so because it will make them no money at all doesn't really matter to me.
You lost me, i want to play a game not play a trade :)
IF GGG start do something with bots - it will be HUGE improvement to game!
Metamorph Master Craft Service in Metamorph My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Metamorph Masters 8 level Crafting All Service all crafts mods
Best Metamorph SC Master Craft Service Metamorph SC in MSC!
Master Crafting Service in Metamorph MSC PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info