Trade Manifesto

I forgot one very important thing (at least for me),

this game more and more looks resembles gambling ...

Every player depends on chance ... for loot, for crafting, for map mods, for item mods, for moods of those who change drop rates day by day, for trade ...
in fact I can not name an aspect in this game which is not related to gambling.

Less and less I do like it, but more and more I find myself gambling in this game with my time ...

Only one group of players is exception to gambling / chancing rule, but I bet (again gambling) you already know who ...
"
matachuk wrote:
I forgot one very important thing (at least for me),

this game more and more looks resembles gambling ...

Every player depends on chance ... for loot, for crafting, for map mods, for item mods, for moods of those who change drop rates day by day, for trade ...
in fact I can not name an aspect in this game which is not related to gambling.

Less and less I do like it, but more and more I find myself gambling in this game with my time ...

Only one group of players is exception to gambling / chancing rule, but I bet (again gambling) you already know who ...

GGG = Gamble Gamble Gamble!

Seems like GGG's new philosophy with their pushing of the loot boxes, which I detest with all my being.

"
Chris wrote:
Items are a player's reward for playing Path of Exile.

No no no no no! Being able to play the game (and progress) is the reward for trading.

And since I dont trade I cant progress and I quit very soon after the new league starts. It is the exact opposite of what you want me (and I dare say the majority of your players) to do.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Nov 3, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
First impression compared to poe.tade

wanted to find a ring with high cold / light attack damage:

http://poe.trade/search/sametaurikasin

The "total" entry was not available.

My personal opinion is, though I like you create a kind of poe.trade, I would wish me a stronger cooperation with the strong community. There is no need to develop almost the same thing many times espacially when it takes rougly one year. I mean where will this end? You want to make next a second "path of building". I do not see a need for this. Just tweak the available tool if you feel a need to change it.

Heads up and wish u the best in future.
Awfull position about trading. Almost every day comming of other player kicks me to the login screen several times because I don't have ssd. Please just let the game load a bit more and give my pc time to load all that mtx shit or something and trade. If you are balancing your game around that stuff just do it properly for everyone.
And I'm not talking about the thing that wasting a tonn of time on poe.trade is not a gameplay.
Last edited by arcadnii on Nov 3, 2017, 11:43:12 PM
I really like the new interface, however I have a suggestion for you. I heavily suggest you to have a color code for the league in the drop down menu. This would reduce the amount of mistake the player will do while requesting a trade. For me, nothing is more frustrating than quitting a lab run or an important boss fight to sell an item to a player that is not in the right league.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this suggestion and have an excellent day!
"Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!"

eh.. no... picking up and identifying half a billion items to find one that is half decent with the way the game is now is anything but fun..

if the stash was 12 times the size, items automatically identified when they dropped etc.. then MAYBE:. but the ratio of tolerable to absolute garbage is still WAY too high.. the only times I even bother to look at rare items now is if I'm doing recipes, they have 6s or if I need alteration shards..
generally dangerous
That manifesto is totally wrong, did any of you from GGG played game?
I dont think soo, because PoE imo has worst drop with worst RNG stats modifier what I saw till today in any game what i played, drop in PoE is not enjoyable because it is at the end stashing to make vendor recipes, identify of items is overrated. The real meaning of this is how the hell you can roll on item lvl84 stats like 10 armour, or 1-10 dmg, 10 es, etc, there needs to fix those rolls so we can talk around drop at all because item level need to have some low boundaries like cant roll -10lvl rolls or something like that.
If there is not vendor recipes for currency I think there will not exist trade at all or will be limited to less then 1% player base, how to trade with trash drop?
Jesus and when I read trash talk like "Easy trade means reducing drop rates" makes me to ask my self what is wrong with person who wrote that shit is he/she played this game at all or playing in some super rich god drop "chris lets play poe" mode like +10000% drop/rarity rate.

Manifesto is late 1st April joke.
"
Chris wrote:
Most players who play Path of Exile never trade. Out of the players who do trade, most only complete a few trades in a league.

If trade is important, why do most players not do it? Surely if most of your playerbase skips entirely an important part of the game, that's a problem, and not a good thing?
Last edited by Kanil on Nov 4, 2017, 6:58:08 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Trade is not the cliff, generating items is the cliff, you want and need items, when you have them then the loot hunt is done and you fall off the cliff. A loot hunt game is an inherently self destructing system, it has a life span just like a story based game, you cant change this fundamental nature.

This is incorrect. Having items doesn't necessarily cause someone to be "finished" with the game. Items aren't the end goal; they're simply the means to the actual end--the acquisition of power. In good aRPG's like this one, items don't simply offer a linear progression of power (which is why D3 failed), but also offer a transformative experience. That is, the thrill of finding an item isn't just that now my character can do harder content, but that my character can do (fun) things they couldn't before. In other words, if 10000 mirrors suddenly appeared in my stash, I wouldn't be done with the game, because there are always interesting builds to try.

But even if you were right, your conclusion doesn't follow, because the value of trade (outside of the rare player who genuinely enjoys the economic simulation aspect of trading itself) is faster progression. That is, however quickly an SSF player progresses, the trader will always progress faster. I'd also argue that the trader misses out on the thrill of naturally progressing his character. Thus, it doesn't matter what the mechanism for trade looks like (an AH, a mailbox system with COD payments, the current boondoggle), because all forms of trade necessarily circumvent the natural progression.
"
all forms of trade necessarily circumvent the natural progression.

Exactly.

I rewrite what i wrote 3 pages ago : balance (buff) currency drops and/or give an exalt recipe, and remove trade which then become useless.
And you know what GGG ? If you have to keep more crafting base items (rare with 2-4 very good affixes, which already drops enough) for future builds (thing you don't have to if you trade), you need more tabs = more income for GGG.

Your philosophy always have been to give a hard game where you have to farm to get good stuff ? Trading goes exactly the opposite, it trivializes acquisition.

Do a survey to know if your players wants more crafting ease without trading, or easier trading with current drop/recipe situation, ideally integrated in the login screen, to be sure you address everyone.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Nov 4, 2017, 8:19:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info