[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

Thanks for the update!
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Have they fixed vaal cyclone bug yet? If you pulled some frost bearers it was game over.

you still can't cancel the vaal cyclone status earlier.

It's more like a shitty design of the vaal skill inherently, which get no rework despite this is a vaal expansion. I would go for Lv21 Cyclone still, the +1 range is much useful than Vaal cyclone.

I'm currently testing the Vaal Double Strike by including VDS with totem in the same link setup (Totem-VDS-Brutality-Bloodlust-MeleePhys), since cyclone proc. bleed reliably enough by itself. This reduce your totem dmg by one link, but give you a very strong burst against bosses. And VDS is a fire-and-forget skill, you can still cyclone, leech and dodge during VDS duration.

cool idea. that could work.
Hey,ty for nice and clear guide! Always nice to start league with this build. I've got some questions:
1) Are iron reflexes really not worth picking it? It saves a lot of points if i dont pick it since i can easily ditch vitality void,but with them i feel a bit tankier.
2) I have only one 6l now and 5l,is it still worth it incorporating vds into 5l,or better to stick with 5l aw totem and put vds in when i get another 6l?
3) If we get impresence, wont it be better tradeoff to sacrifice aura to get bm nodes,so we have much more hp and one more free gem in leap slam setup,for golem,for example
4) If we put dvs into our 6link,wont boots chant for 16% as after kill be more preferable,since aw hits will be less and shock wont benefit us too much?
Thx in advance.
Last edited by knehtq on Jun 13, 2018, 9:02:45 AM
"
knehtq wrote:
Hey,ty for nice and clear guide! Always nice to start league with this build. I've got some questions:
1) Are iron reflexes really not worth picking it? It saves a lot of points if i dont pick it since i can easily ditch vitality void,but with them i feel a bit tankier.
2) I have only one 6l now and 5l,is it still worth it incorporating vds into 5l,or better to stick with 5l aw totem and put vds in when i get another 6l?
3) If we get impresence, wont it be better tradeoff to sacrifice aura to get bm nodes,so we have much more hp and one more free gem in leap slam setup,for golem,for example
4) If we put dvs into our 6link,wont boots chant for 16% as after kill be more preferable,since aw hits will be less and shock wont benefit us too much?
Thx in advance.

1. I usually don't use IR because I value evasion more as a defense mechanism for high HP character in most scenario (Evasion also reduce the chance to be crit by attacks, and remain same effectiveness against big hits unlike armor). But Incursion league introduce a lot of new mobs that use physical based spell (EX: The Vaal constructs that shoot greenish projectiles), which can't be evade. So if you feel those become problem for you, you can always use IR since it's just 1 point away (btw, If you plan to take IR, take the south path then travel up to get VP, which save you 1 more point than traveling down).

2. It depend on personal taste and situation. VDS is good at bursting down Incursion Architects and map bosses with 2 usage (4 clones have ~70% of my cyclone DPS for 6 secs even with just 4Linked VDS, and I can still cyclone in the same time). But for fights that last much longer than VDS duration, 5L AW totem setup may be better. Since I'm still working my way toward Shaper, I prefer VDS for general mapping because it deal with Architects and most map bosses very easily (Totem-VDS-Brutality-Bloodlust-Meleephys). But if I start doing UberElder, I will probably turn back to use full totem setup, which is a more stable damage output in a longer fight without reliable sources of souls. (With good gear VDS may still work better in Shaper fight, since you can accumulate enough souls to have full usages before each Shaper phase)

3. As you said, it's a trade-off. I'm not playing in HC, so I usually don't take BM, though my character usually still end-up with over 200% life just from tree.
It will get you more life, but lose the ability for Grace/Haste/Purity of Ice for different map situation. Also keep in mind that you still need to spend 4 points to get those 35% life from BM, the opportunity cost of 4 points is ~20% max life (unless you sacrifice damage node instead), so it's a 15% net life gain at the cost of Aura customization and you have to use Impresence. Which may still be worth it if you have less life% from tree and gears.

4. I personally like shock. The shock enchant work best for dealing with tough rare mobs and normal map bosses (Starforge also allow blood explosion from Haemophilia to proc. shock for mapping). For those mob, a shock proc. from cyclone/totem can get very high shock effect (10% life hit = max effect, and linear scaled with DPH, so even a 5% hit can still score you 25% increase dmg taken). But for high end bosses like guardians and Shaper, RT Starforge at best can get ~5% shock effectiveness on them, which other enchant might be better and more consistent in those cases.

These are just my inputs based on my personal experiences, but I still encourage you to try out new things and modifications, to tailor the build to better suit your play style and need.

Last edited by Drosophila on Jun 14, 2018, 2:38:31 AM
Hey,

Nice guide but I have a few questions:

1. Can bloodrage itself proc IC?

2. What's the reason for using Ancestral Warchief over Ancestral Protector or can you use either depending on what you do?

3.What gem lvl should my bloodrage/IC be at while mapping?
"
derr0k wrote:
Hey,

Nice guide but I have a few questions:

1. Can bloodrage itself proc IC?

2. What's the reason for using Ancestral Warchief over Ancestral Protector or can you use either depending on what you do?

3.What gem lvl should my bloodrage/IC be at while mapping?

1. NO, DoT don't proc. CWDT. (Otherwise RF builds will destroy the game LUL)

2. Warchief also help clear some adds (Protector can be distracted by adds since it only attack one thing at a time), and have higher DPH for better shock effectiveness if you use Starforge and have shock chance. But if you can be sure that a specific boss fight won't have adds (EX: Shaper main phase) , then using Protector would give you about 2% more Cyclone DPS and about 14% more Totem DPS.

3. Depend on personal taste really. I personally don't like to link BR in CwDT setup because I use VP and thus want to have total control over when BR degen happened, the downside of this is it required more micromanagement, but I'm fine with that.
For CwDt IC threshold I usually use 1/4~1/3 of Maximun life, my reason is that IC have 3sec cool-down, so you want it to proc. at times when you really need it to fully take advantage of the 0.4 sec physical immunity.
But for the purpose of Arrakalli proc, any CwDT-IC threshold will work, since the Life recovery boost last for 4sec, longer than IC cool-down (3sec), thus more frequent IC proc.(assuming you always have BR up) can ensure your Arrakalli buff is constantly up during mapping.
Hey, thx for the guide for a start. I just wanted to ask you without going into details, would the build work with slayer/jugg instead of slayer/raider? No need to explain the differences as they are quite obvious, I just wonder if slayer/jugg struggles too much with dps in endgame. I am quite new to PoE so I want to be "safer" and don't care about clear times as long as I can clear ofc :) Lastly, I can't for the life of me decide if I should go slayer or slayer/x. I know you explain the differences in your guide, but what would you suggest with a quick answer to a new player? Thx again.
"
Johite wrote:
Hey, thx for the guide for a start. I just wanted to ask you without going into details, would the build work with slayer/jugg instead of slayer/raider? No need to explain the differences as they are quite obvious, I just wonder if slayer/jugg struggles too much with dps in endgame. I am quite new to PoE so I want to be "safer" and don't care about clear times as long as I can clear ofc :) Lastly, I can't for the life of me decide if I should go slayer or slayer/x. I know you explain the differences in your guide, but what would you suggest with a quick answer to a new player? Thx again.

For RT version, Slayer/Jugg is about 5% less damage than Slayer/Raider on mapping (assuming both have full frenzy upkeep since you run BR anyway), and 15~20% less damage on bossing (assuming 0 frenzy upkeep for Slayer/Jugg). So the damage would be a bit struggle compare to Slayer/Raider especially for high-end bossing (>T16).
(This comment also totally ignore the move speed difference, which is quite important for Cyclone)

As new player, I suggest go for Slayer instead of Scion (Slay/x).
The passive progression/leveling is easier and more straight-forward, and you can "feel" the full power of slayer leech even with crappy damage/AS, and much stronger at lab running if you bring a Writhing Jar.

"
Drosophila wrote:
"
Johite wrote:

For RT version, Slayer/Jugg is about 5% less damage than Slayer/Raider on mapping (assuming both have full frenzy upkeep since you run BR anyway), and 15~20% less damage on bossing (assuming 0 frenzy upkeep for Slayer/Jugg). So the damage would be a bit struggle compare to Slayer/Raider especially for high-end bossing (>T16).
(This comment also totally ignore the move speed difference, which is quite important for Cyclone)

As new player, I suggest go for Slayer instead of Scion (Slay/x).
The passive progression/leveling is easier and more straight-forward, and you can "feel" the full power of slayer leech even with crappy damage/AS, and much stronger at lab running if you bring a Writhing Jar.

Thx a lot for your answers. You've literally convinced me to go slayer. Have a good one :)
hello, thanks for the build

im not sure if it is worth to get the iron reflex,

for my curren things, i have 10253 armors with 45% melee reduction with grace activated,

15653 armors with 56% melee reduction while lion's roar and grace, im also using basalt flask

but my evade chance is only 5% in this setup

is this setup worth using? or should i get rid of iron relfex ?

also, for mana, after vulnerable aura + grace, i only have 90 mana left, is there anyway i can fix it? it's fine for clearing mobs, but for boss fight if i use warchief or use blood rage, i will run of of mana

thanks in advance, really appreciate this build!

if you have some free time , I apprciate if you can quick glance over my character in profile and give me some advices to improve it, thanks ! [im not sure how to post my gears in forum]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info