Skill Rework - Lightning Tendrils

Please rework the way on hit effects work, instead of once per channel/multistrike/spell echo instance, for each seperate cast on hit calculated, this way you don't have to recharge channeling untill you roll a crit, and this will make stuff like ruthless + bladeflurry not as strong where people do two fake channels and then one full one for 6x release damage with the extra damage from ruthless as well (please please)

the way i used tendrils, this is a nerf :/
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Oct 23, 2017, 7:27:46 PM
It does look good but I would also like to see some skill reworks to things that are simply not viable or clearly out mached specifically artic breath. It has been an amazing looking skill however in terms of damage, speed, and projectile count freezing pulse beats it in every way. I think the last time I actually used it as a damaging skill was way back in the day of cast on crit. It was a nice fit but still something to just toss in as an added spell for the elemental equilibrium proc. I am glad none the less that somethings skills are getting improved on but there are a few skills that are not used due to several small lacking qualities. Anyway I do appreciate the skill updates and can't wait to have my slaughter fest be using a skill I haven't shown any interest in yet!
They need a blizzard skill...

Character stands in place and reaches up - spell starts dropping small white slivers in an AOE around the caster. The longer the channel the larger the AoE (which also increases by gem level). Inherent 7-15% chance to freeze (improved by quality, up to 20%). At level 20 with no AoE support/nodes it would cover roughly the same area as a 10 stack flame blast. Each 'stack' increases the damage of the storm by 2-6% (up to 10 stacks)

Attackers entering the AoE take cold damage and are chilled. Cold resistance is reduced in the same manner as scorching ray.

When released the ice storm fades slowly - essentially the reverse of the channeling that summoned it.

It cannot be directed - always centered on caster.
It does not 'hit' - no leach nor crit or 'on hit' mechanics.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Oct 23, 2017, 8:37:46 PM
Visually it looks amazing.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
can't wait
One More Day...
This is wonder, I'm glad to see GGG taking the time to redevelop/change/improve underutilized gems like LT. I'd like to see more of this + underused/underpowered items given attention as well.

Keep up the good work, oh and please do animate weapon next :)

Refer to the thread I made in feedback and suggestions:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2020495
18 sites of posts but noone ask about function.

Does it hit so does it can leech?
how much hits or dots does the skill on a second?
Would it be supported with juwels?
Whats about speed, cast speed increased the frequenz to hit/dot?

I dont like the game changes at all. more and more skills that only can hit 4 time in a second or do damage over time damage in a second. The machanic is the same, we buy visual effects (mtx) to let it look cool and strong, but its not. every where the same mechanic that dont let us hit a enemy 100 times in a seond becouse the attack/cast speed is fucking fast or the combination of skills with interaction together benefit.

an 4link aoe skill + 4link aoe skill (2 skills + cwc + 3 supports) cast at the same time is stupid vs a 6-7 linked version of only one.

E.G. a juwl for arct that the beam starts with 2, fork worked with every chain and creats multiply lightning chains which could hit the same monster would be great. why not? to op? and? thats fun!
or mechanics aka. if your totem/mine/minion take damage or will be destoreyd, you will heal 10% of your maximum life.

Cool now maybe it'll actually be a build viable skill. Most I ever saw it used for before was a lil' low lvl lvling.
Dear GGG,

Thank you for now information.
I understand that Lightning Tendrils needs to be reworked. But this mechanics change does not agree.

You said following:
"
The skill deals more damage every fourth pulse, making it more reliable and powerful for long sustained casting against tougher foes.

At first glance, it seems to be buffed, but it is nerf. In order to realize this specification, initial damage of Lightning Tendrils will be lower than now. And after a some stages, the total damage will probably exceed current Lightning Tendrils at last. This means "Players must keep casting Lightning Tendrils in staying there".
Currently, the skills that is similar to Lightning Tendrils of new specifications exist already. There are Blade Flurry and Incinerate. Though these are different ways of increasing damage, the usage is all the same by that means casting/attacking in staying. But Lightning Tendrils should not be the same as these.
The advantage of current Lightning Tendrils is that it can immediately deal maximum damage, so do not need waiting until damage is increased. This is very important.

In current PoE, to do "long sustained casting against tougher foes" is REALLY hard. You should take it into account.

I strongly plead you to reconsider the specification of new Lightning Tendrils. Please confine the the reworking Lightning Tendrils only changing channeling skill, keep current specification of damaging.
"
JonnyBrains wrote:
Cool now maybe it'll actually be a build viable skill. Most I ever saw it used for before was a lil' low lvl lvling.

Self cast Arc builds used it for single target because Arc absolutely sucks for single target! So it did have SOME use.

I personally really like this direction of design, it is for all intents and purposes a new skill! And it removes the issue of having these awkward gems in the game that never see use outside of very niche situations.

"
enoecarg wrote:
Dear GGG, blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.

What are you basing all of this on? You have taken your own personal assumptions about the rework of this skill and just run wild! How about we wait until we have the numbers before you say the skill is a failure?
Last edited by Sectiplave on Oct 24, 2017, 7:00:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info