Desecrate

"
"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't get it. so they reverted the change and summoners can get their 5 minutes in the limelight at last?

They did not revert changes.

Well technically not yet, but will do whenever this goes live.

They changed desecrate in 3.0.2 to no longer include your current spectre(s) in the desecrate pool.

They then reverted that change and buffed it so that your spectres are always in the desecrate pool (there were exception/exclusions before).
what? this makes no sense.. you guys all know this of course means spectres are going to be heavily nerfed right?
because now I can grab any spectre I like, ask a buddy to give me a leftover t15-t16 portal, then enter,desecrate and I have now the spectre equivalent of mirror gear right?
ie that t16 spectre can clear everything in lower maps on its own without any buffs from the summoner.

a desecrated spectre should not be the map´s mob level but whatever level the spectre itself was when you brought it in the map... and even that is still a bit broken.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Very much thanks
This will make it easier to get your spectres going I guess but it wasn't that big of a deal for me. It took me about 45 minutes to get my 3 TV's and Wickerman from shaper realm using current method.

This will be better I suppose, but not really necessary.
"
Xirgu wrote:
what? this makes no sense.. you guys all know this of course means spectres are going to be heavily nerfed right?
because now I can grab any spectre I like, ask a buddy to give me a leftover t15-t16 portal, then enter,desecrate and I have now the spectre equivalent of mirror gear right?
ie that t16 spectre can clear everything in lower maps on its own without any buffs from the summoner.

a desecrated spectre should not be the map´s mob level but whatever level the spectre itself was when you brought it in the map... and even that is still a bit broken.

Spectres levels aren't changing, a T16 Spectre will still scale down to level 77 inside a T10 map (and scale back up outside of it), which brings it to the maps monster level. Then, it is up to the player to have increased Spectre life and damage for it to be able to stay alive and kill things.

The change only mainstreams the way of having the Spectre you want to have for your build, it does not break anything else more then how it was broken before.

Expect nerfs on some Spectres, that is for sure, specially on new mobs that surely need balance, but you are not understading the change correctly.
[/quote] Spectres levels aren't changing, a T16 Spectre will still scale down to level 77 inside a T10 map (and scale back up outside of it), which brings it to the maps monster level. Then, it is up to the player to have increased Spectre life and damage for it to be able to stay alive and kill things.

The change only mainstreams the way of having the Spectre you want to have for your build, it does not break anything else more then how it was broken before.

Expect nerfs on some Spectres, that is for sure, specially on new mobs that surely need balance, but you are not understading the change correctly.[/quote]

That doesn't make sense. I just read through every post here, if you summon a T15 Spectre and go to Act 1 Coast does it scale down to Act 1? But your saying it scales down to T10?

Please just clearly state, If I bring a Frost Sentinel to a T10 map and desecrate/resummon, is it T10 level? If I then bring that T10 Spectre to any lower level area does it stay T10?

"
Spectres levels aren't changing, a T16 Spectre will still scale down to level 77 inside a T10 map (and scale back up outside of it), which brings it to the maps monster level. Then, it is up to the player to have increased Spectre life and damage for it to be able to stay alive and kill things.

from the patch notes-
"Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used. This is now indicated on the skill gem."
Last edited by Tehkayy on Oct 13, 2017, 10:23:36 AM
On one hand this makes me happy. On the other it concerns me because spectres are OP. I am pretty sure GGG will see tons of people playing spectre builds and destroying shaper for very little gear investment. They will probably nerf this someway in the future as a result. It is a great quality of life for playing the build though. That is for sure.
Why only 3 challenges, Chris, you do not like your own game?
"
Orbitalx wrote:
On one hand this makes me happy. On the other it concerns me because spectres are OP. I am pretty sure GGG will see tons of people playing spectre builds and destroying shaper for very little gear investment. They will probably nerf this someway in the future as a result. It is a great quality of life for playing the build though. That is for sure.

There is a guy killing shaper with a 1 link blade flurry on the front page or 2 of reddit. Does that mean they need to nerf it too? Come on, its not some crazy fast clear speed build or anything. Perhaps they should slightly nerf vanguards or something, but other than that I disagree.
Last edited by alphamule on Oct 13, 2017, 11:15:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info