[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

So I thoroughly enjoyed this build during my first playthrough, I really appreciate your efforts.

It's tremendous fun to take damage on purpose, then watch things just blow up instantly (and get a ton of defense) as everything procs.

I have a noob question: Why are you keeping so many gems at low level? I'm thinking of CWDT in particular. I get that for many others the levels need to be low so they can be triggered by the level 1-2 CWDT gems, but why not let the CWDT gems get stronger in the first place? Wouldn't a higher level Spirit Offering provide stronger benefits?

Is it something to do with mana?
"
Bigfass wrote:
So I thoroughly enjoyed this build during my first playthrough, I really appreciate your efforts.

It's tremendous fun to take damage on purpose, then watch things just blow up instantly (and get a ton of defense) as everything procs.

I have a noob question: Why are you keeping so many gems at low level? I'm thinking of CWDT in particular. I get that for many others the levels need to be low so they can be triggered by the level 1-2 CWDT gems, but why not let the CWDT gems get stronger in the first place? Wouldn't a higher level Spirit Offering provide stronger benefits?

Is it something to do with mana?

Thanks man, glad you enjoy it.

You want those gems to trigger as often as possible, you get that when CWDT is that low level.
This is especially important for Spirit Offering, which basically "heals" you whenever it triggers. You recover around 1000 energy shield when you take 600 damage. The reason this doesnt make you completely immortal is that it has a cooldown and needs enough corpses lying around.
Also the difference in damage between a level 8 and a level 20 Spirit Offering is only around 3% more damage.
The other triggered gems dont do anything with levels and triggered gems also dont use any mana.
I'm doing something very very close to this build - and I love it.

I'm currently using Stygian Silverback's (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stygian_Silverback) they are the same as the Carnage Chieftain, right? Can anyone confirm?
"
All4n wrote:
I'm doing something very very close to this build - and I love it.

I'm currently using Stygian Silverback's (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stygian_Silverback) they are the same as the Carnage Chieftain, right? Can anyone confirm?

Yea, they look like the same monster, just with a different name because they appear in different areas.
Wait, your AG has over 400 strength and benefits from the 2% regen from Meginord's Vise??

Sorry if this was asked before, but POE forum doesn't allow searching within a topic...
no changes for this build in the patch notes
"
hobbes3k wrote:
Wait, your AG has over 400 strength and benefits from the 2% regen from Meginord's Vise??

Sorry if this was asked before, but POE forum doesn't allow searching within a topic...

Yes, the helmet grants him half of your strength. Percent life regen is the best stat you can get for the animated guardian.
"
"
hobbes3k wrote:

Yes, the helmet grants him half of your strength. Percent life regen is the best stat you can get for the animated guardian.

Ah thanks. I totally forgot about the Baron lol.
Update:
-Updated the guide for 3.3, which bascially means nothing's changed, it just looks better now.
-Updated the mapping video, the old one didnt use spectres for frenzy charge generation.
I'm feeling rather mentally challenged for not getting it, but I'll ask anyway! :P

"
You dont have to cast any spells with this build, everything is automated, the only thing you have to do is Shield Charge right into everything,

Is the shield charge somehow triggering your zombie summons, or are you just summoning them beforehand and (since they are decently tanky with lifesteal) they aren't dying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info