[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

Im playing this build on BHC, lvl 92 right now and im really surprised. Survivability is good and damage is way better than expected,not t1 clear speed tho but still its not that bad. I rly like this build, remind me old times when lot of ppl played zombies. Well done mate
I'm also interested in this build, I like it. Sorry I don't mean to be a smart ass but have you ever considered using the "Violent Dead" jewel? Seems to be a rather big damage boost for a build completely relying on zombie slam attack... that would probably mean one less "efficient training", not sure what that means in practice/if it's possible.
"
Abra0815 wrote:
I'm also interested in this build, I like it. Sorry I don't mean to be a smart ass but have you ever considered using the "Violent Dead" jewel? Seems to be a rather big damage boost for a build completely relying on zombie slam attack... that would probably mean one less "efficient training", not sure what that means in practice/if it's possible.

Here are the numbers

the base cool down on a slam is apparently 5 seconds

with 1 vd its obviously 2.5 seconds
with 2 vd its 1.66 seconds
with necromancer its 1.25 seconds

thus for zombies to use it reliably they would individually need an attack speed of .8
the current attack speed of a zombie is 1.28

So what does that mean in practice.

Well it means for static chunky targets like bosses... even with both violent deads and flesh binder .. only a small fraction of the attacks they will do will be slams.

the design of the slam is very clearly leaning on the fact that zombies dont move around very fast to burn off the cool down timer. its a tool for clear speed .. nothing more

But this basically means that you are not being rewarded for getting more attack or movement speed since the slam is naturally capped at 1.25 seconds.

its awkward as fuck

Can you explain mistess of sacrifice 40% dmg and attack speed apply to zombies ?

If not , soul weaver with 2 kitava herald's is better ?
Last edited by quflamingo on Mar 7, 2018, 12:56:59 PM
The OP talks bout 3 of 1 type of jewel and 3 of another, I can only see 5 jewel nodes though.

Nevermind see the last 1 now :D
Last edited by ritualzz on Mar 7, 2018, 11:12:21 AM
I always tried to play any kind of necromancer type class in any game I can. I have to say this build has been highly enjoyable. Managed to get a lucky Belly of the Beast drop which funded everything except for the shaper gloves. I do like the use of the shield charge as it makes necromancer a bit more than "stand in the back and let your pose do the work" although I'm still getting use to it because I keep getting stuck on things. Also still trying to get 6 links on my chest which is proving to be difficult. This is also the most I've even played this game in 2 leagues since the game was still a bit confusing for me but this build has had me hooked. Thanks for your work!
Last edited by LekramG on Mar 7, 2018, 12:56:24 PM
if it doesn't have minion in-front of it chances are it wont affect minions.

case in point the 40% damage on mistress is not minion damage
"
Abra0815 wrote:
It would mean one less Brawn, the Efficient Training jewels add too much strength to give up. It's more of an endgame goal to be able to use one Violent Dead jewel without dropping below 1200 strength.
It's not about the extra damage, that's already high enough, it's about reducing their slam cooldown even more.
My build in Standard has pretty good strength rolls everywhere, so i can give up one Brawn and still be at 1246 strength.

"
quflamingo wrote:
Can you explain mistess of sacrifice 40% dmg and attack speed apply to zombies ?

If not , soul weaver with 2 kitava herald's is better ?
The 40% damage doesnt affect minions and is useless, the extra attack speed is nice to have for the shield charge. But this node is mainly for the Spirit Offering affecting yourself, the main defensive layer of this build.
-Thoughts on dropping Empower from the Golem/Guardian links and replacing it with supportive Spectres?

-I can only afford a 5L and Level 2 Empower. Would putting the Zombie links in the Baron for the +2 levels or in the chest with 4 support gems better?
"
phirefor wrote:
-Thoughts on dropping Empower from the Golem/Guardian links and replacing it with supportive Spectres?

-I can only afford a 5L and Level 2 Empower. Would putting the Zombie links in the Baron for the +2 levels or in the chest with 4 support gems better?
What spectres do you have in mind?
I havent thought about that, but with the extra 2% life regen buff from the ascendancy i can see dropping the empower and your guardian still be unkillable, could open some nice possibilities.

Helmet is better than level 2 empower, not only does the helmet work as a level 3 empower, but it also works on minion support gems. Use zombie, minion damage, speed and phys damage in the helmet for now, that's what i also do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info