Vaal Pact - The node make the game imbalance

"
azraelb wrote:
Yeah that node is really a problem in the game...

Every second player does use one of those vaal pact RF builds..
all the vaalpact scorching ray and ED builds everywhere.
All the vaal pact facebreaker warchiefs, ngamahu and starforge slayers
The quillrain 5k/sec life gain on hit builds...
The necro full block caster 1k life on block builds with high regen...

Hey and dont forget all the OP vaal pact spectre builds, the vaal pact golemmancer and the vaal pact SRS guys.

Vaal pact is so op that pretty much nobody does use it in current HC meta. From the top ten most played builds in HHC only selfcast dark pact does use VP...

keep go on, show me how poorly the builds without VP can be born....
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Oct 5, 2017, 10:07:29 PM
"
azraelb wrote:

Hey and dont forget all the OP vaal pact spectre builds, the vaal pact golemmancer and the vaal pact SRS guys.

Vaal pact is so op that pretty much nobody does use it in current HC meta. From the top ten most played builds in HHC only selfcast dark pact does use VP...

It looks like you need to read again https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008293

All Harbinger Leagues Level 90+
Berserker 22.597%
Slayer 12.101%
Raider 11.940%
Pathfinder 9.785%
Necromancer 7.599%
Gladiator 5.984%

Harbinger HC Leagues Alive 90+
Necromancer 15.59%
Berserker 12.71%
Gladiator 9.43%
Slayer 7.45%

Harbinger SSF leagues 90+
Berserker 16.45%
Gladiator 13.24%
Necromancer 11.45%
Slayer 10.95%
Raider 9.16%

Top Keystones in Harbinger Leagues

All Solo Self Found Only Hardcore Only
Vaal Pact Mind Over Matter Mind Over Matter
Resolute Technique Resolute Technique Resolute Technique
Acrobatics Acrobatics Ancestral Bond
Mind Over Matter Ancestral Bond Elemental Overload
Elemental Overload Elemental Overload Acrobatics
Point Blank Vaal Pact Elemental Equilibrium
Ancestral Bond Elemental Equilibrium Vaal Pact
Elemental Equilibrium Phase Acrobatics Iron Reflexes
Phase Acrobatics Iron Reflexes Phase Acrobatics
Iron Reflexes Point Blank Blood Magic
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
azraelb wrote:

So don't use it. SOLVED
If you don't use it your gimping your character, this is because it isn't a choice its fundamentally better (and more efficient) than dealing with leech rate.

If you take the view that you require recovery in the realm of 3000/s+ for the real end-game content VP becomes the most efficient way to achieve this as 1% leech and vp will ensure you stay at full most of the time. Regen builds can reach similar levels of OP however the investment is considerably higher (and unfortunately I think the 50% recovery pantheon power will get nerfed). Slayer due to its inherent leech rate bonus also achieves this.

ES can't really leech at a sufficient rate anymore so its stuck with regen, no build reliant on life pots is current feasible.

the node is imbalanced it needs to go, its needed to go forever the flipside is they need to reduce some high end damage spikes appropriately and probably add some more leech rate nodes somewhere not in duelist, if they are smart they'll tone slayer down at the same time or it'll be the next meta char but considering how badly the 3.0 balance turned out in my eyes im not hopeful.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
If you don't use it your gimping your character, this is because it isn't a choice its fundamentally better (and more efficient) than dealing with leech rate.

No, this is not true. I'm currently using a berserker without Vaal Pact. In fact, I haven't seen any builds with it at all. It's not a very good skill point for a lot of builds since you can't regen, which makes the Enduring Cry warcry useless for the most part.

I have not fully geared myself yet, but this thing is amazing and would be near useless if I had vaal pact.

Even without that necklace though, I still don't run vaal pact. I'm still new to end game, but so far I've done up to Tier 5 Rare maps with little to no issues (I need chaos resist...bad).

If you feel Vaal Pact is a required, or even game changing skill, it's because you're not playing the game right. I have never, in any league, touched vaal pact. This is not saying it's bad, but rather my playstyles do not require it.
Last edited by Silphen on Oct 6, 2017, 10:31:13 AM
"
Silphen wrote:

No, this is not true. I'm currently using a berserker without Vaal Pact. In fact, I haven't seen any builds with it at all. It's not a very good skill point for a lot of builds since you can't regen, which makes the Enduring Cry warcry useless for the most part.

you think VP isn't taken on zerkers because it invalidates 400 hps for 0.75 seconds? Ok you can believe that if you want

Carnage heart also probably does next to nothing for you, because you'll always be at the leech cap as a zerker anyway, hitting the cap faster isn't really that useful. Any attack based zerker not taking VP should have rolled a slayer there character would be better with no tradeoffs (exluding mom shenanigans)

Obviously for spells 1% general leech for life and mana is pretty hard to get short of warlords.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Oct 6, 2017, 11:23:52 AM
Also if you haven't seen a zerker build with VP its because you aren't looking, every build on the marauder build page for zerker uses VP except a hipster claw build using a unique claw for you guessed it, instant leech.

Obvious exception for RF regen tanks
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Carnage heart also probably does next to nothing for you, because you'll always be at the leech cap as a zerker anyway, hitting the cap faster isn't really that useful. Any attack based zerker not taking VP should have rolled a slayer there character would be better with no tradeoffs (exluding mom shenanigans)

Obviously for spells 1% general leech for life and mana is pretty hard to get short of warlords.

Not enough people know about leech cap and how it works, but it is hard to spread the word abut it.

Carnage heart is only usable for anything if you have really really low dmg.
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 6, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
"
Silphen wrote:

I have not fully geared myself yet, but this thing is amazing and would be near useless if I had vaal pact.

You need VP for doing crazy stuff when you are in the middle of things. As double harbinger in a high map with crazy mods. When you can't avoid being attacked from every side since your build can't delete the whole screen every second, or cover behind totems and minions.

Other possibility for melee is aegis tank - but that's the same mechanism, a faster than leech replenishment of the energy shield instead of life.
If've done breach league with an aegis tank - the flickering of the energy shield bar in hard breaches in T15 maps was crazy, must have been more than 3k / second despite sitting on 25k armor / dual maxblock.

Only other possibility would have been the famous "kill them before they kill you" - glascannon type.

Other thing: Your amulet don't remove the 20% max life / second barrier for leeching. You can increase this only with explicit %max life / second items(do they exist) or passive nodes. And 5 seconds until full can be a long time in Poe - no way without using potions parallel to leeching. And investing much in regeneration as addition.

Last edited by Llyrain on Oct 6, 2017, 11:36:38 AM
"
Silphen wrote:

Even without that necklace though, I still don't run vaal pact. I'm still new to end game, but so far I've done up to Tier 5 Rare maps with little to no issues (I need chaos resist...bad).

Well holy shit!!! T5 maps!! Game over since this guy didn't need VP to do them!!

Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info