Vaal Pact - The node make the game imbalance

"
you guys who cry for vp nerf do realise that wont bring any new builds to the table right? nerf = kill the build available now, most of the self cast and melee build will simply vanish cause totem and rf and necro will be better in every way. while most people are using vp or slayer, this doesnt mean they will create new build without it. after es nerf no new es related build surfacce, after kill double dipping, no new dot build emerge, and you want the vp gone? just tell me what do YOU think people will player after?

If you want to bring better balance and diversity in the game, sometimes an OP stuff should be nerfed or even removed (and VP is very OP stuff). But of course, balancing should be performed correctly, with rebalancing other sustain mechanics as well after VP gets removed.

GGG performs their "balancing" without any foresight or rebalacing. AoE was OP? GGG nerfs it to the ground, and now everyone uses projectiles. ES was OP? GGG nerfs it to the ground and now everyone uses Berserker+VP...
If nerf is performed properly, it wont literally "destroy" a build, and it wont limit build diversity.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
There are so many things that should be changed in the game, like if VP gets removed/modified, then they have to update Acuilty accordingly, because either if Acuilty stays as it is, the uber set prices will skyrocket or if the gloves get nerfed, then go down the drain because she will only drop trash.

Other thing is like the defense layers, for physical mitigation it is really hard to beat endurance charges+arctic armor+basalt+pantheon as you get a ton of power for very little investment. (with no extra charges you get 12%+15%+8%=35% phys reduction and then there is that 13% LESS modifier from arctic armor which I'm not sure where is applied in the phys mitigation formula)

Armor sucks since 2.0, mainly because Rhoas and other phys sources got nerfed as well as elemental dmg became more overbearing since then when doing endgame content, so if there was a Keystone, that would let's say make armor apply against elemental dmg at X% of it's effectivenes, giving you Y% less armor, that would most probably solve the issue, but I've been saying this for a while.

Block has the same issues armor has, works very good against white trash mobs, but god forbid that 1 large hit go trough.

"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
The current balance state of the game is in shambles and the main reason was GGG treating the original aegis aurora tank builds in open beta like anthrax.

Why is GGG so terrified of tanks? Because players who can not die, will eventually level to 100 and this the most dangerous thing for them since their income relies on donations and players who "finish" the game are less likely to donate. The game since they has added more and more rip mechanics (corrupting blood, violatiles, crit, burst damage, overtuned mobs) until the current state we see here. This has never been about hardcore gaming or challenging game play with the developers actually encourage log out macro abuse.

There tends to be two groups of players, the ones who whine about VP being imbalanced without understand the 5 year development history of poe and the others who just want to feel powerful in a game that does everything to keep players in progression poverty.

VP is the last vestige of defense after life nodes, block, max resists, armour, CI have been wiped out. I have lost much of my faith in GGG's vision and ability to effectively balance end game.
Agreed. After all nerfs nothing left.

That's your sight, who already knew that something so strong before and had been nerfed. But with newbies, who never been experienced any losts, they look the game is a fair game.
Well, i won't hope GGG remove this node, even GGG created an awesome leech mechanic, many builds will need the idea of instant leech. I just need this node will become something people will think about the price seriously before picking it, like Acrobatics
What are you guys talking about, i die all the time with vp and i had like 8k hp. If you just look at a reflect mob ur dead. If you fuck up on mechanics you are dead. Also mobs can kill you with ease from far away. People need to stop talking out the asses.

RF was 10 times better to play and survive with.
"
If you want to bring better balance and diversity in the game, sometimes an OP stuff should be nerfed or even removed (and VP is very OP stuff). But of course, balancing should be performed correctly, with rebalancing other sustain mechanics as well after VP gets removed.

GGG performs their "balancing" without any foresight or rebalacing. AoE was OP? GGG nerfs it to the ground, and now everyone uses projectiles. ES was OP? GGG nerfs it to the ground and now everyone uses Berserker+VP...
If nerf is performed properly, it wont literally "destroy" a build, and it wont limit build diversity.

but no dev are perfect, and GGG's history of nerfing has never been good, since open beta, its not too much to say not even once... an overhaul balance perfectly settle all the defense and offense mechanic? nice thought, just dont see it happen, not by GGG, and surely not by you and me. VP as right now worked, majority of the melee/self cast build exist solely because of it. want to remove it? find a new way to make other mechanic work FIRST! otherwise whats the difference from the history, coc dead, ci dead, poison dead, aoe dead

also, we HAVE diversity, just mostly under vp as the defense mechanic. but without it? we WILL lose the offense diversity too. long live the RF
Last edited by Child_Of_Hundreds on Oct 8, 2017, 10:28:37 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Why is GGG so terrified of tanks? Because players who can not die, will eventually level to 100 and this the most dangerous thing for them since their income relies on donations and players who "finish" the game are less likely to donate.

It is a wrong mentality, actually.

First, do you (or GGG) think that player cant get bored and leave before reaching 100 level? I, for example, stop playing in league when i have 90-93 level, because grinding experience all the way to 100 is just a plain boredom for me, and it doesnt bring any significant bonuses, etc. (just a 8-15% higher DPS or 4-6% higher HP). When i reach my endgame goals, endgame gear, etc - i usually get bored with current build, and it doesnt matter much that i'm not lvl100 yet.

Second, why do you think that player, who got bored with his current build, cant start playing another build? To make that happen often, game should have huge build diversity (both in passive trees, items, skills, etc.). And there shouldnt be a clear "winner build", that deals better DPS, has higher AoE and defences, etc - literally, makes everything better than 10-15 other options. Because when player tries that "clear winner" build, he wont have fun playing other, weaker builds.

For example, i played with full physical Sunder Slayer with Disfavour and Kaom. But eventually, i get bored, after i could kill Shaper without deaths, farm T16 maps, etc.
So i tried another build, Slayer with cold-based Blade Flurry (with rare rapier), using Kaom and Tempest's Binding. I bought great gear for that build (the best i could get for reasonable price of maximum few exalts per piece), i honed it in PoB, got 20/20 gems, etc. Still, my new build now has ~800 less HP, has less range, kills slower (especially harbinger packs), cant run reflect, has big DPS drops against resist or EE map,d quickly loses LL stacks on boss and cant easily overcap resists or get decent chaos resistance.
Is he viable? Sure, i killed Shaper with him, and i'm still being able to farm T16. But he just feels weaker, than my previous build, period. I dont have any fun playing him, being weak just because you made a DIFFERENT choice causes only frustration. I want to play Slayer with something different from Disfavour + Kaom + Sunder, but whatever i'll try in PoB, it always makes a weaker, less tanky build and still without impressive DPS (unless i go full glass cannon and will die from oneshot from guardians or even T16 mobs).
If GGG cares to bring more option to around the same power level, i'd fell much better and would play longer.
For VP, there are a LOT of options viable (because VP is so OP itself), actually, while for really good Slayer, they're very limited.

Not to sound rude but your highest character is 93 followed by 91, GGG's has done a great job keeping you in level poverty and as a result, somewhat still continuing to play the game but you are just one data point. Many players in level poverty will continue to play much longer than if they reached level 100 but as you said some will still get bored before reaching 100. That is not the point, the point is point is that it works on many players besides you.

As for build diversity, this is just an illusion. Does 3.0 have more tier 1 viable builds than pre 3.0? No, not really, if anything it has far less. Balance and diversity do not always go hand in hand. I would rather have 10 awesomely unique but potentially overpowered builds than 4 well balanced but mechanically similar builds. Your own main build is proof enough of how vapid the meta is. Life node stacking on a koam's heart and acrobatics because armour is worthless.

What has 3.0 really amount to? Every goes belly of the beast and koams heart and stacks nothing but life nodes because other generic forms of defense are terrible and ES is as good as dead. ES went from god tier to trash tier not because ES values got hurt but because it no longer worked with VP.
You are simply feeding into GGG's selfish agenda by asking for a VP nerf which would gimp the remaining number of builds.

GGG has proven incapable of balance that does not result in the total and absolute removal of a mechanic or build. Look at every powerful build or mechanic in the past and look where it is now. VP will likely might not as well exist next patch and we have players like you to thank for you.

"
That's your sight, who already knew that something so strong before and had been nerfed. But with newbies, who never been experienced any losts, they look the game is a fair game.
Well, i won't hope GGG remove this node, even GGG created an awesome leech mechanic, many builds will need the idea of instant leech. I just need this node will become something people will think about the price seriously before picking it, like Acrobatics

In 3.0 with ES dead and the armor mostly defunct unless you can stack it to the sky, there is very little reason to not take acrobatics.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 8, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:

As for build diversity, this is just an illusion. Does 3.0 have more tier 1 viable builds than pre 3.0? No, not really, if anything it has far less. Balance and diversity do not always go hand in hand. I would rather have 10 awesomely unique but potentially overpowered builds than 4 well balanced but mechanically similar builds. Your own main build is proof enough of how vapid the meta is. Life node stacking on a koam's heart and acrobatics because armour is worthless.

What has 3.0 really amount to? Every goes belly of the beast and koams heart and stacks nothing but life nodes because other generic forms of defense are terrible and ES is as good as dead. ES went from god tier to trash tier not because ES values got hurt but because it no longer worked with VP.
You are simply feeding into GGG's selfish agenda by asking for a VP nerf which would gimp the remaining number of builds.

Kaom's*

Or is it a meme to say it with flipped up vowels?

When I played an MMO, one of the way to spot the arabic players was that they said shield as sheild and garment and germant.

And spotting turkis people was about seeing everything in caps lock and using Ý instead of i, fun thing is sometimes they used both in the same sentence so no1 understood what they are doing.

WTB ELÝXER SHEILD 2 SÝLK
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 8, 2017, 10:51:37 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Why is GGG so terrified of tanks? Because players who can not die, will eventually level to 100 and this the most dangerous thing for them since their income relies on donations and players who "finish" the game are less likely to donate.

It is a wrong mentality, actually.

First, do you (or GGG) think that player cant get bored and leave before reaching 100 level? I, for example, stop playing in league when i have 90-93 level, because grinding experience all the way to 100 is just a plain boredom for me, and it doesnt bring any significant bonuses, etc. (just a 8-15% higher DPS or 4-6% higher HP). When i reach my endgame goals, endgame gear, etc - i usually get bored with current build, and it doesnt matter much that i'm not lvl100 yet.

Second, why do you think that player, who got bored with his current build, cant start playing another build? To make that happen often, game should have huge build diversity (both in passive trees, items, skills, etc.). And there shouldnt be a clear "winner build", that deals better DPS, has higher AoE and defences, etc - literally, makes everything better than 10-15 other options. Because when player tries that "clear winner" build, he wont have fun playing other, weaker builds.

For example, i played with full physical Sunder Slayer with Disfavour and Kaom. But eventually, i get bored, after i could kill Shaper without deaths, farm T16 maps, etc.
So i tried another build, Slayer with cold-based Blade Flurry (with rare rapier), using Kaom and Tempest's Binding. I bought great gear for that build (the best i could get for reasonable price of maximum few exalts per piece), i honed it in PoB, got 20/20 gems, etc. Still, my new build now has ~800 less HP, has less range, kills slower (especially harbinger packs), cant run reflect, has big DPS drops against resist or EE map,d quickly loses LL stacks on boss and cant easily overcap resists or get decent chaos resistance.
Is he viable? Sure, i killed Shaper with him, and i'm still being able to farm T16. But he just feels weaker, than my previous build, period. I dont have any fun playing him, being weak just because you made a DIFFERENT choice causes only frustration. I want to play Slayer with something different from Disfavour + Kaom + Sunder, but whatever i'll try in PoB, it always makes a weaker, less tanky build and still without impressive DPS (unless i go full glass cannon and will die from oneshot from guardians or even T16 mobs).
If GGG cares to bring more option to around the same power level, i'd fell much better and would play longer.
For VP, there are a LOT of options viable (because VP is so OP itself), actually, while for really good Slayer, they're very limited.

Not to sound rude but your highest character is 93 followed by 91, GGG's has done a great job keeping you in level poverty and as a result, somewhat still continuing to play the game but you are just one data point. Many players in level poverty will continue to play much longer than if they reached level 100 but as you said some will still get bored before reaching 100. That is not the point, the point is point is that it works on many players besides you.

GGG has proven incapable of balance that does not result in the total and absolute removal of a mechanic or build. Look at every powerful build or mechanic in the past and look where it is now. VP will likely might not as well exist next patch and we have players like you to thank for you.

"

In 3.0 with ES dead and the armor mostly defunct unless you can stack it to the sky, there is very little reason to not take acrobatics.
Absolutely great said. Agreed every word. In this state, the game has MUCH LESS build diversity, than 2-3 years ago. WHY? because GGG nerfing everything so we have less and less option to make builds end-game viable.
Last edited by Kastmar on Oct 8, 2017, 11:26:12 AM
"

but no dev are perfect, and GGG's history of nerfing has never been good, since open beta, its not too much to say not even once... an overhaul balance perfectly settle all the defense and offense mechanic? nice thought, just dont see it happen, not by GGG, and surely not by you and me. VP as right now worked, majority of the melee/self cast build exist solely because of it. want to remove it? find a new way to make other mechanic work FIRST! otherwise whats the difference from the history, coc dead, ci dead, poison dead, aoe dead

also, we HAVE diversity, just mostly under vp as the defense mechanic. but without it? we WILL lose the offense diversity too. long live the RF

A new way to make other mechanics work is very simple - reduce overpowered damage of both players and mnsters and insane multiplicative damage scaling provided by map mods and rare monster's mods.

The main problem of PoE is that both players and monsters have too high damage. Game is made so one of the safest way to play is to kill monsters (and bosses, even) before they could do any harm. Such desighn can work in FPS shooter (though even in most shooters, enemies cant oneshot you), but it wont work well in ARPG. Sure, playing a "glass cannon" build should be a viable playstyle, but when even with maximum defensive investments you still can be insta-killed, and still tend to play rather like a "glass cannon" build than a "tank", it doesnt make any good for game.

Another problem is overpowered sustain. Sustain = rate at which your HP recovers after taking damage. VP is just the most OP sustain mechanics, but there are others - Slayer with leech investments and Soul or Arkaali, Life Gain on hit with insane hit rate, life/block with Necro and Surrender, etc.
When play is allowed to have too high sustain (=50% of HP per second and even much more), game can be difficult only with "oneshot-fest".
Overpowered sustain isnt only PoE's problem, it's the scourge of literally every ARPG i played. Starting from Life Leech in Diablo2, most ARPGs copied that mechanics, and in every case, it made near-immortal "spounge" characters, that could be killed only by insane damage bursts. Even ARPG, that didnt have LL mechanics, sometimes had overpowered sustain as well, just in another form (Sacred 2, for example).
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Kastmar wrote:

"Illusion of diversity" as you say, is just a byproduct of poor balance. Why would i ever play close-range skill like Cleave, when Sunder is more powerful and has higher range as well? Why would i play self-cast Firestorm when CwC firestorm is simply BETTER in every way? Why would i invest into mana and HP sustain for my caster, when i could just pick berserker and solve both problems in best way possible?
Poor balance puts a very limited set of options above all others, so "all others" dont really matter.

Good balance is a neccessity for diversity. Sure, balance can be reached in "Warcraft 2" way, where every player has literaly identical units, killing diversity. But balance can also be reached in other way, with careful buffing & nerfing with math in hand, keeping advantages for various build/playstyles, but making their drawbacks more severe if they're OP. As an example, i will recall DoTA2.

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info