[3.0] Cast on weapon swap

I agree on Soul tether. I tried many things to utilize it.

The only thing that was remotely good was The Beast Fur Shawl+Akraali and corrupted energy jewel letting 50% pf phys bypass the ES.

It worked okay-ish but required heavy investement and the leech is inconsistend at best.

The 5% perma degen actually make it a 15% max ES /sec leech.

PS: There is a "Fire AEgis"- shield coming as well. Physical to fire conversion: Cloak of Flame and Formless flame = 28%
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Nov 27, 2017, 2:51:31 PM
Yeah I've seen the shield.

The issue is that it has 484 armor on it which sucks.

Not sure if it will be usable. Might be good if the shield is big and stays when swapped out. I wouldn't mind a double big shield cold + fire.

Budget build rocking so far in mayhem. No wonder, that's the best build I've done to go through huge packs of mobs. Shaped coves with 10 breaches and beyond is fun. Killed an abaxoth. Got killed twice by bameth though :/.

Still small survivability issues. Not a problem at 88 cause xp is good, not sure how high of a level I can go. I'm at 4800 hp, can go up to 5133. After that I loose cloak.

So many drops, cash is flowing. Sadly there are no acuities or acuity card for sale to upgrade to expensive version. Too bad I can't get masters 8 fast enough, would have done some meta crafting on essence wands, exalts are dirt cheap.
"
"

Regarding the builds: While I agree that casting while moving is better while mapping, versus bosses cast on curse is much more reliable and offers a lot more DPS.

I kinda fail to see why. I mean if we talk cows vs scold + curse casting, not a particular setup.

You're forced into fevered mind, I could go with expensive spell/multi jewels, scold vs tempest, and I've got 2 wands you got a unique staff. That's basically the differences dps wise.

And cows can choose to use either mom for more defense, or auras when you have to keep your mana unused.

The setup I use doesn't have the most dps, you can totally go quad wand 2 ring for cwdt level 20 on every swap. And I prefer projectiles but for sure if you hug the boss with vortex, it does more damage. But I can dodge more while dps if I don't have to hug the boss.

Otherwise yes this is the shield i'm talking about, I just hope there will be stuff to transfer damage taken to cold cause there aren't many options a the moment.

And as a side note, soul tether is a bit bad. Tried it for mayhem, it just leech at regular non vaal pact rate, which kinda sucks. And it doesn't work with slayer so I don't really get it.

Actually...with cast on curse, you can also use MOM and two wands. I was able to do Shaper deathless with this version. Not sure which is better DPS wise. Personally I think COWS is more viable next league due to less gear requirement and it's easier to control the cast speed (so you won't kill yourself as often). With Cast on Curse I always get myself into dangerous situations when the boss has phases.

Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Haha, funny how this thread has summoned every cwdt-fanatic :D

Well, two wands are okay but the flat fire from Martyr is twice that of a lvl 20 Anger. Combined with double curse, Xoph's Heart, fire pen and just using fire speels, the damage is huge.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026506

I am really excited for the new uniques and trying to build a good version of COWS utilizing the new shields. Also, I got some ideas with the new spells.

We shall see.
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Nov 29, 2017, 6:37:01 AM
Yes you are totally polluting my thread!

I mean, how am I supposed to converse with... I mean... I know I had 2 people converted to it... what they're gone already?

I guess I'm still lacking advertisement skills lol. Quite sad cause the build can rivalise with most.

Anyway, didn't think you would use mom with scold, but indeed it should work, with very very rare occurences where it's 800ehp less efficient. So I stand corrected on that point.

Martyr looks good indeed. Pretty sure it's at least as good as 2 multimodded wands.

Still think cows is slightly better than scold. Higher ceiling, you could imagine 100% crit 100% spell damage +50ish flat damage wands (although might be a nightmare to make in temp league). You can use life + 3 damage affix jewels. And the movement... i'm playing shaped coves with 5k life, totally would die every 2 maps if I was static.

Scold item is great though, if there was one in mayhem i'd totally use it for the 100% spell damage. Can't find any helmet/boots/belt/amy really worth it for the dps in mayhem. There's no tempest either. I think i'm just gonna upgrade for survivability with a belt of the deceiver and try to overcap for ele weakness. There are other good options but when you don't want armor it's kinda limited.

While i'm there i'll update the budget version. My mayhem guy is totally still in the cheap phase but still working out. Can't upgrade need to px lol.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Nov 29, 2017, 8:06:40 AM
Hmm, if you can't get Scolds, why not craft a decent helmet with Essence of Horror? 30% more ele damage seems allright. Alternativly Essence of Insanity could be utilized for the three physical spells to add 50% of damage as lightning. Last idea would be a Mind of the Council which could open the door for MoM, if you have high enough lightning damage.

Really excited for Unearth in this kind of build. Unlimited corpses seem to enable interactions that could be really powerful.

Have you thought about Unearth? It could be used for many purposes.
I think I won't need a mind of the council, I just got those for like 350c :

~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~ ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~ ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~ ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

Cards were pretty cheap, 1/10th of harbi price ^^. Probably because there was so few of them almost nobody was trying to do a set.

Gonna have to change a bunch of gear now. -> CWDT level 20 and 14 on weapons. Change the tree, get more dext on gear, redo my resists... Get 2 more wands and run sybil for optimum survivability.

Still a pretty good news cause it will decrease my death rate by a lot if I manage to swap completely to high budget version.

Essences are one of the things that are still pretty expensive in mayhem. So I might craft with essence of horror if I can go with shit helm, not gonna have many tries with the few days left.
Or if I get masters 8, cause ex are still 12c a piece, meta crafting is cheaper than essence crafting lol.

Prices are so fucked up in mayhem though. Atziri promise is 5 times more expensive than a mortal hope.
Haven't played this league :P Just hoping to try a different CWDT build next league :P

I saw someone else try a slayer version of COWS but the leech rate was pretty bad. But next league should be better with leech changes and I think COWS will be a very viable option.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Nov 29, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
"Atziri's Acuity
Atziri's Acuity has been changed to instead grant Vaal Pact if you've performed a critical strike recently, giving it a slightly different use when compared with the Vaal Pact keystone. It now fills a different role to its previous one and acts as a way for you to avoid some of the downsides of the Vaal Pact Keystone"

R.I.P Atziri :/
Was to be expected. Still saves lots of points for casters given the shitty vaal pact position.

All max leech nodes besides vaal pact are linked to attack nodes, which sucks.

So we're limited to something like 40% of max life per second, so not even 4k regen/s, which is less than 2 cast/s.

I need to check the regen ascendencies to see if I can do something better or close to 4k/s with decent dps.

Not much help in the uniques so far. Doesn't look too good, I might roll something totally different in abyss... like some boring cyclone slayer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info