I'm still baffled by this after 3 years...

Jesus christ you guys are truely the worst.
[Removed by Support]
I hope you all get my point with this reply, or else I have to stop trying,
because obviously even a 12yo retarded kid would get it by now.
Trying to be nice here. This is my "nice" mode.

"
Sinthetick wrote:

So you have some personal preference for how controls work, you got shot down in chat, shot down in the forums, but somehow everyone else is wrong.

Correct, everyone who disagrees with me on this issue is wrong, and this is why:
My suggestion is a optional addition to the controls.
You get one more way to bind skills to the left mouse, while having them work properly.

It makes me really fucking mad that I have to repeat myself again:
Currently, skills on the left mouse button do NOT work.
Totems are being cast with or without a target, holding shift or not and no matter what,
you can't walk with it. How is that a good thing?
My suggestion let's you cast it on LM button, with a target or shift, while letting you walk.

If you do not understand that what I just said, I can't help you.
RNGesus have mercy on your soul.

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

A) I take it you've never opened a breach before then?

I have, many indeed. Your point being?
I would use "W" to walk, and simply left mouse click to cast totems on targets,
or hit shift to force cast without a target.
Charged dash would be useable with holding only LM down on targets, walk without targets,
or again force attack with shift.

If you think there's a problem with this not working, provide an argument.
I just listed how the controls work with any other key, just not with LM button,
and I want to use the LM button. You have nothing to defend your point, because
my suggested changes are OPTIONAL settings.

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

B) 99%? Not only do I suspect that the vast majority of non-casual players bind walk to either left mouse or space (while casuals probably don't ever rebind their keys), I'd really like to know where you got this interesting "fact", or are you just talking out your exhaust port?

Never called the 99% a fact, it's a figure of speech meaning "a lot of"...
If some dev wants to show us some keybind control useage statistics, go ahead.
Feel free to correct me. It doesn't change that having a additional OPTION to bind working skills to LM button is a improvement, and that's a fact (this time I mean it).

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

C) This isn't either of those games. There's nothing wrong with how it works now, and in fact, I think your suggestion would be a complete and utter cluster. Needing to target a mob to cast a totem otherwise you'll run there? Are. You. Freakin'. Insane? That would get you manhandled very, very quickly I suspect.

Having to hold shift to force a skill... gets you manhandled?
Oh, so, you mean just like... I don't know, many skills do right now?
Lightning strike, frostblades, ranged bow skills which forcefully move the player around to adjust a missing line of sight so you could shoot behind walls or into a doorway?
That type of manhandling hmm?
All those skills need to have the right range or be used with shift,
or else your char moves forcefully into a unwanted position.

If you don't want to move, you force a skill by holding shift,
that's how it's done in D2, D3 and POE.
Your "argument" sucks and you should feel bad about it.
Please stop posting here, thank you.

One more time...

Left mouse button skills:
- Click no target = move
- Click no target + shift = use skill
- Click a target = use skill

Optional setting.
Very. Fucking. Simple.
It's not taking anythin away from anyone of you,
so stop [Removed by Support]

Any more smart asses who want to get... manhandled by my exhaust pipe talk?
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Sep 22, 2017, 9:38:06 PM
"
Elemenz wrote:

so stop whining like a bunch of fucking irrational, triggered, hardcore fanboy crybabies.

It breaks their little brains because you have options that they don't want you to have.
Waiting for a Dev reply like:

"You know what guys, he's right. We will start working on it."

*** thread locked ***

Thank you.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
3 years and you still haven't adapted to the current controls?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Elemenz wrote:

Jesus christ you guys are truely the worst.
How can you be this dense, proud and blatantly stupid...
I hope you all get my point with this reply, or else I have to stop trying,
because obviously even a 12yo retarded kid would get it by now.

"
Sinthetick wrote:

So you have some personal preference for how controls work, you got shot down in chat, shot down in the forums, but somehow everyone else is wrong.

Correct, everyone who disagrees with me on this issue is wrong, and this is why:
My suggestion is a optional addition to the controls.
You get one more way to bind skills to the left mouse, while having them work properly.

It makes me really fucking mad that I have to repeat myself again:
Currently, skills on the left mouse button do NOT work.
Totems are being cast with or without a target, holding shift or not and no matter what,
you can't walk with it. How is that a good thing?
My suggestion let's you cast it on LM button, with a target or shift, while letting you walk.

If you do not understand that what I just said, I can't help you.
RNGesus have mercy on your soul.

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

A) I take it you've never opened a breach before then?

I have, many indeed. Your point being?
I would use "W" to walk, and simply left mouse click to cast totems on targets,
or hit shift to force cast without a target.
Charged dash would be useable with holding only LM down on targets, walk without targets,
or again force attack with shift.

If you think there's a problem with this not working, provide an argument.
I just listed how the controls work with any other key, just not with LM button,
and I want to use the LM button. You have nothing to defend your point, because
my suggested changes are OPTIONAL settings.

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

B) 99%? Not only do I suspect that the vast majority of non-casual players bind walk to either left mouse or space (while casuals probably don't ever rebind their keys), I'd really like to know where you got this interesting "fact", or are you just talking out your exhaust port?

Feel free to correct me. It doesn't change that having a additional OPTION to bind working skills to LM button is a improvement, and that's a fact (this time I mean it).

"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

C) This isn't either of those games. There's nothing wrong with how it works now, and in fact, I think your suggestion would be a complete and utter cluster. Needing to target a mob to cast a totem otherwise you'll run there? Are. You. Freakin'. Insane? That would get you manhandled very, very quickly I suspect.

Having to hold shift to force a skill... gets you manhandled?
Oh, so, you mean just like... I don't know, many skills do right now?
Lightning strike, frostblades, ranged bow skills which forcefully move the player around to adjust a missing line of sight so you could shoot behind walls or into a doorway?
That type of manhandling hmm?
All those skills need to have the right range or be used with shift,
or else your char moves forcefully into a unwanted position.

If you don't want to move, you force a skill by holding shift,
that's how it's done in D2, D3 and POE.
Your "argument" sucks and you should feel bad about it.
Please stop posting here, thank you.

One more time...

Left mouse button skills:
- Click no target = move
- Click no target + shift = use skill
- Click a target = use skill

Optional setting.
Very. Fucking. Simple.
so stop whining like a bunch of fucking irrational, triggered, hardcore fanboy crybabies.

We're the worst for pointing out your ideas are ... suboptimal? Hopefully you will stop trying because it's suggestions like these that make me glad we have the balance team that we do instead of people like you.

"everyone who disagrees with me on this issue is wrong" For real? That's the position that you're going to take? Again, hopefully you will stop because there's obviously no possible discourse to be had with that sort of mindset.

I'd wager that if you got your way, you'd try it and very quickly get frustrated because of not using attack in place to cast, missing a namelock on a hectic screen and walking to your death instead of summoning a totem [or using whatever other skill you want bound to left mouse].

Given that the devs apparently have neither the time nor inclination to fix a bunch of broken stuff, let alone if there's some weird coding issue that means that they can't get the options you request to work due to how left mouse is set to movement by default would be a fairly solid reason why you won't get your wish. The first part isn't a good reason, but it is how it is and nothing you or I can do will change it.

For your 99% claim, well, you did exactly that, you made a claim and put numbers to it. Either you're talking out your arse or you have some sort of basis behind those numbers. The fact that your claim was, in my view, just as absurd as your suggestions only highlights the issue.

Given that a misclick, either through accidentally targetting a monster (and not moving and casting a skill instead) or not pressing the attack in place command (and thereby running somewhere you don't want to go), will eventually get you killed, yes.

We're whining? You're the one getting abusive and complaining because you can't get your way. That's basically the definition of whining.
"
Elemenz wrote:
It's been suggested at least 3 years ago and still nothing changed.
D2 did it correctly; you can LM/RM (left/right mouse click) a skill...
No target = move
Near a target = use skill
Hard target = use skill

RM doesn't bother me that much, poe has different mechanics, small fries.

But the LM, the mother fucking LEFT MOUSE BUTTON...
what the fuck are you guys doing, seriously?!

Bind a totem to LM,
no target = cast <- wrong, should be MOVE
on target = cast, ok

Can't even move AT ALL!!

Bind charged dash to LM,
no target = move, ok
on target = move... why can't you use it?!

Can't use without shift! Yes it's channeled, so fucking what?
Let it charge up as long as we hold it down on a target and keep charging up
even after the target is gone!

How hard is it to make these things work logically?
This fast game is 99% about millions of key inputs, this should be QoL priority #1,
but you are still in 1992...

Why is it so fucking impossible for you to make LM button MOVE, no matter what skill is attached,
if there's no target, and if we click on a target then activate/ start channeling it?
Explain me why your system is so fucked up backwards, making us
A) forcecast some skills like spells and totems, even without touching shift, making us unable to walk, and
B) not being able to use other skills like charged dash unless we DO hold shift??

I don't understand what's so fucking hard about fixing this?! It's been a issue for MANY YEARS...
Can I get a tech dev answer please?

Totally feel OP. It seems GGG can have some improvement in the coding department. Example: cyclone, minion AI, ignite (they can't fix double dipping so they just literally deleted the ignite mechanism in 3.0, which ruins a big part of the game imho. Now POE is as "linear" in terms of damage scaling as the infamous D3 does.)
"
Elemenz wrote:
a 12yo retarded kid would get it by now.

This is why no one likes you.
"
loonger wrote:

Totally feel OP. It seems GGG can have some improvement in the coding department. Example: cyclone, minion AI, ignite (they can't fix double dipping so they just literally deleted the ignite mechanism in 3.0, which ruins a big part of the game imho.

they can't fix shit... can't balance it. It's nerf or remove the damn thing haha the best solution, lazy!
"
Elemenz wrote:

your gif game is far stronger than your argument game. I like that redman gif. bumping some 'dare iz a darkside' right now. one of my favorite LPs by one of my favorite MCs

"

if you dont have the actual numbers, you should use probably 'a lot of' instead of pulling numbers out of your ass.

Ive watched a lot of poe streams, Ive watched pro racers. none of the pro racers (including dead and doom, waggle, gucci, uber, helmann, etc) Ive seen use w to move. NONE. not half, not third, not a 10th. neither do long-racers who try to get 100.
sure, there may be some racers I havent seen using it, but its very much a minority.

in last week's community event there were 8 events of 4 or more racers per, so at least 32 different individual characters. not one bound move to a keyboard button. I believe ALL contestants bound move to LMB

guess whos the minority here ?

[mos]It's a number game, but shit don't add up somehow[/def]
"
grepman wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:

your gif game is far stronger than your argument game. I like that redman gif. bumping some 'dare iz a darkside' right now. one of my favorite LPs by one of my favorite MCs

"I skywalk the planet like my codename was Luke." xD

Saw him and meth perform in san diego back in the day. Was a killer show with a killer lineup. Good stuff. I'll have to dig up my old cd.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info