Tornado Shot newbie needs help (Low dmg and terrible survivability)

Hey all,

Following a tornado shot build from Path Of Exile Builds on YouTube. Completely new the game so no idea what I'm doing really but I'm following it as best as I can understand. My damage is absolutely pitiful and my survivability to boot. (getting 1-2 shot by some elite mobs and all bosses/minibosses. Would really appreciate some help understanding why I do no damage and why I'm so squishy.

Currently in Part 2 Act 9 with my mate who is about 8-9 levels higher, his tool tip dps on his main skill is like 17,000 and mine is barely over 2k. Don't understand how there can be such a disparity. Am I missing something very obvious? ALl comments would be much appreciated. I don't know if you can click my profile to see my equipped items as I can but if not could someone let me know how to share my gear etc. on this post so you can all see.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Tombz

Edit: I checked whether you were able to click through from the post and get to my profile and it seems you can see my passive tree and equipped just fine.
Last edited by Tombz_ on Sep 20, 2017, 6:12:46 PM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
Profile isn't public.

I know what video you're talking about. The video was fucking terrible and the maker was banned for promoting RMT sites
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Ah damn that is annoying :/ Well I've unhidden my character page. Is there any way of rectifying it or am I doomed and should reroll ?
купи табулу расу и зафигать 6 линк
"
valunio wrote:
купи табулу расу и зафигать 6 линк

"buy a tabula race and zafigat 6 link"

tabula race is clearly tabula rasa, but what would zafigat be in English please if you know?
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Profile isn't public.

I know what video you're talking about. The video was fucking terrible and the maker was banned for promoting RMT sites

Don't know if you're notified unless I quote your post so just quoting quick to perhaps notify you!
that bow kind of got some dmg but is super slow and is bad, that thiefs torment saves you but you need much more attack speed. Your first priority should be death harp buy prophecy and upgrade it to opus, buy some cheap quiver with +1 arrow, this way you get +3 arrows. also swap faster attacks on barrage for gmp. tornado shot will need chain and fork you can go rigwald quills for free fork buy cards its cheaper and you could get nice roll. that upper part on bow cluster is garbage respec it. curse on that herald is usually assassins mark , elemental weakness makes no sense they already die from herald hit, if that ele weakness is for bosses cast it yourself, herald wont do it on them.
get decoy totem or siege balista. also search for some old guides for ranger builds

for tornado and barrage you want arrows and more arrows your dmg and clear speed scales from numper of arrows, attack speed and added elemental dmg. swap wrath instead of hatred, buy some uniques with added elemental dmg if you feel your dmg is still low (belt and boots and gloves forgot names) and dying sun when you can. its kind of tough a7+ for ranger when you dont have good items and gem levels. gl
"
pera00vr wrote:
that bow kind of got some dmg but is super slow and is bad, that thiefs torment saves you but you need much more attack speed. Your first priority should be death harp buy prophecy and upgrade it to opus, buy some cheap quiver with +1 arrow, this way you get +3 arrows. also swap faster attacks on barrage for gmp. tornado shot will need chain and fork you can go rigwald quills for free fork buy cards its cheaper and you could get nice roll. that upper part on bow cluster is garbage respec it. curse on that herald is usually assassins mark , elemental weakness makes no sense they already die from herald hit, if that ele weakness is for bosses cast it yourself, herald wont do it on them.
get decoy totem or siege balista. also search for some old guides for ranger builds

for tornado and barrage you want arrows and more arrows your dmg and clear speed scales from numper of arrows, attack speed and added elemental dmg. swap wrath instead of hatred, buy some uniques with added elemental dmg if you feel your dmg is still low (belt and boots and gloves forgot names) and dying sun when you can. its kind of tough a7+ for ranger when you dont have good items and gem levels. gl

I have a death's harp in my cache but was doing very low dmg with it so was looking for upgrade, found neversinks guide to ele tornado ranger on the forums so now following that hence the changes. Managed to go from about 2k dps to 6k on tornado by changing what I could to this diff tornado build.

Thanks so much for your comments they're very helpful, few questions if I may:

1. How do I get the prophecy to upgrade the death's harp ?
2. Sure will get a quiver
3. If I swap to GMP on barrage i lose like 2k dps, is that just cause gem is lvl 1 or?
4. What do you mean buy cards its cheaper and you could get a nice roll? (I'm like 5 days old on this game lol really don't know the ins and outs)
5. Ok I'll pop my assassin's mark gem instead and try that out
6. No idea what those items are but I'll try and look them up

Thanks very much for your help!
1 poe trade buy bowstring music prophecy, most of the times prophecy is cheaper the shitiest roll so you maybe get decent bow.
3 well you lose dps per projectile but get 3 extra projectiles not sure if thats ingame tooltip or path of building calculations but total dps should go up, anyway gmp is usualy good when you get nice gear. and yes gmp loses less multiplier with lvls.
4 its little expensive now but here is the idea. I bought 8 wolwen kings bite divination cards for total 75c, cheapest corrupted were around quiver were 100c (they are corrupting them for extra arrow that is worth a loooot) I got very high roll, simlilar one was 140 back then (corrupted) non corrupted are more expensive. same goes if you want to buy kaoms hearth or something
5 assasins mark is for power charges and life and mana gain on kill, nice for clear
6 probably not worth since you are high level now. generally uniques are garbage most of the time and rare items are much better but since no one sells or picks up low level rares there are uniques used for leveling. for example prismweave, wake of destruction, thunderfist but this one is higher lvl, those first two are sick since you start using in a3 or 4,that belt doubled my damage when I equiped it.

And by the way you picked up one of worst ascendancies in the game. But first char is always the worst one. If you have hard time just jump in some party let them kill kitava and get to maps and farm. maybe you should change to raider if you havent done cruel or merc lab. pathfinder is best but flasks can be expensive. or just make new character and follow some detailed guide
"
pera00vr wrote:
1 poe trade buy bowstring music prophecy, most of the times prophecy is cheaper the shitiest roll so you maybe get decent bow.
3 well you lose dps per projectile but get 3 extra projectiles not sure if thats ingame tooltip or path of building calculations but total dps should go up, anyway gmp is usualy good when you get nice gear. and yes gmp loses less multiplier with lvls.
4 its little expensive now but here is the idea. I bought 8 wolwen kings bite divination cards for total 75c, cheapest corrupted were around quiver were 100c (they are corrupting them for extra arrow that is worth a loooot) I got very high roll, simlilar one was 140 back then (corrupted) non corrupted are more expensive. same goes if you want to buy kaoms hearth or something
5 assasins mark is for power charges and life and mana gain on kill, nice for clear
6 probably not worth since you are high level now. generally uniques are garbage most of the time and rare items are much better but since no one sells or picks up low level rares there are uniques used for leveling. for example prismweave, wake of destruction, thunderfist but this one is higher lvl, those first two are sick since you start using in a3 or 4,that belt doubled my damage when I equiped it.

And by the way you picked up one of worst ascendancies in the game. But first char is always the worst one. If you have hard time just jump in some party let them kill kitava and get to maps and farm. maybe you should change to raider if you havent done cruel or merc lab. pathfinder is best but flasks can be expensive. or just make new character and follow some detailed guide

Ok great this is all helpful thank you. So the div cards can give you specific items am I understanding that right? I've never used the cards before so no idea what they do really.

Yeah I've already swapped to raider based on the neverlink tornado shot guide don't worry.
(Don't know if my profile has updated properly or what)

It's going a lot smoother now, including because of some of the changes made in response to your comments so thank you. I don't really know how accurate the tooltips are but that's what I was working off of. When I'm buffed up and charged etc my tornado shot is like 6.5k dps as it is now but as I say that's on tooltip so no idea if that's accurate.

Basically working on getting currency together for that prophecy now to get the opus although my harp is only gonna have a 3 link cause I read it keeps same slots and links after upgrading which is a bit annoying, will have to try and reroll it. Is that best to do with orbs or master craft?

Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info