Only 0.33% of Xbox players hit 80...

This mean absoultely nothing. I have had POE since Beta, and my number of level 80 characters = ZERO. I just dont enjoy the high level grind. I have still spent a few hundred dollars on the game because I enjoy it.

I enjoy leveling characters and I always go away and come back. This is how the majority of players that play ARPGs are, they come back for new leagues and new patches. Very few CORE players stay with the game consistently. SUPER GAMERS who play games for 80 hours a week forget and lose perspective of how 90% of the rest of people play games.

The PC version had about 5% of its player base over level 80 and it has been out for far longer than XBOX.

This is NON-STORY.
"
"
Archwizard wrote:

Way to be a short-sighted and selfish asshole.

I bet you're also a hypocrite, unless you plan on telling me you only give money to companies that you agree with 100%.

This is about entertainment right? So I can tell you, with 100% honesty, that I do not give money for my entertainment that is then taken and used for somebody else's entertainment in a way that deprives me of mine. So in this context, yes, I act the same way in every case.

So you never watch movies made by companies that have ever made a movie you don't like?

I guess you never watch movies.

You enjoy every product put out by Blizzard, Firaxis, EA, Ubisoft, etc, or do you not play games by those companies?

You enjoy every book published by Penguin Random House, or do you not read?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Sep 21, 2017, 1:47:54 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:

So you never watch movies made by companies that have ever made a movie you don't like?

You enjoy every product put out by Blizzard, Firaxis, EA, Ubisoft, etc, or do you not play games by those companies?

I don't know why you want to keep trying, but sure, let me go ahead.

I don't watch movies, series, or anything really. I simply don't watch stuff.

I play very few other games. Most of them are F2P because I'm a Linux user. PoE is, in fact, the only game I switch to Windows for. So I don't play any games from the companies you mentioned. So if I donate to, say, Battle for Wesnoth (which I love), I know I'm getting more Battle for Wesnoth out of it, cos they only make that.

As for books, which I do read a ton of, I don't notice the publisher, but the Author. Still, the publisher doesn't take my money and use it to do something OTHER than publish books. They might publish books of a genre I don't enjoy, but that's MY problem with the genre, not the publisher's problem. And they'll still publish books of genres I like (all of this is applicable to authors as well). The publisher doesn't take my money and use it to, say, make movies, which I don't enjoy. Also, there's a difference here: the book isn't a free product that the publisher then asks my support for if I enjoy it; I PAY for the product. I don't PAY for PoE, so when I support GGG, I expect my money to go towards SUPPORTING WHAT I ENJOY, not supporting what OTHERS enjoy.
So by extension, here, if GGG took supporter money and used it to make a different PC game, I would be fine with it, even if I did not like said game. It's alright, it's my problem with not liking it. What they did was take our money and give free stuff to others. And not only that - since the Xbox port isn't self-sufficient, any money you give them now goes towards Xbox players being able to play, but not you. Do you know there are bugs since day1 of 3.0 which are completely ignored because they do not affect Xbox? GGG has lost all credibility in my eyes. Judging by the miniscule amount of work they have done on patching the PC version, there is probably only a very small percentage of people not working on the Xbox version in their offices right now, no matter what lies they may say to cover it up. PR is something companies do, you know?
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
"
[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

By the way, there is no contradiction. Chosing to not enjoy something is different to not being able to enjoy it by design. [Removed by Support]
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

Last edited by Al_GGG on Sep 21, 2017, 11:44:13 AM
"
"
Archwizard wrote:

I don't know why you want to keep trying, but sure, let me go ahead.

I don't watch movies, series, or anything really. I simply don't watch stuff.

I play very few other games. Most of them are F2P because I'm a Linux user. PoE is, in fact, the only game I switch to Windows for. So I don't play any games from the companies you mentioned. So if I donate to, say, Battle for Wesnoth (which I love), I know I'm getting more Battle for Wesnoth out of it, cos they only make that.

As for books, which I do read a ton of, I don't notice the publisher, but the Author. Still, the publisher doesn't take my money and use it to do something OTHER than publish books. They might publish books of a genre I don't enjoy, but that's MY problem with the genre, not the publisher's problem. And they'll still publish books of genres I like (all of this is applicable to authors as well). The publisher doesn't take my money and use it to, say, make movies, which I don't enjoy. Also, there's a difference here: the book isn't a free product that the publisher then asks my support for if I enjoy it; I PAY for the product. I don't PAY for PoE, so when I support GGG, I expect my money to go towards SUPPORTING WHAT I ENJOY, not supporting what OTHERS enjoy.
So by extension, here, if GGG took supporter money and used it to make a different PC game, I would be fine with it, even if I did not like said game. It's alright, it's my problem with not liking it. What they did was take our money and give free stuff to others. And not only that - since the Xbox port isn't self-sufficient, any money you give them now goes towards Xbox players being able to play, but not you. Do you know there are bugs since day1 of 3.0 which are completely ignored because they do not affect Xbox? GGG has lost all credibility in my eyes. Judging by the miniscule amount of work they have done on patching the PC version, there is probably only a very small percentage of people not working on the Xbox version in their offices right now, no matter what lies they may say to cover it up. PR is something companies do, you know?

Okay fine, you really want to do this.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of your relationship with GGG. You are a customer to a business, the same as any other. Just because the monetization scheme is different it doesn’t alter that underlying fact. They did not ask for your donation with the implicit or explicit understanding that you would get a say in what they do. They offered to sell you cosmetic items.

GGG has absolutely no way of knowing what you enjoy. By your logic, any skill, area, monster, map, or anything else that you do not enjoy should not be implemented by GGG. To suggest that GGG making a game for XBox that happens to be the same as the PC game is somehow different than them making a completely different game you don’t want to play is simply wrong. In each case, GGG is allocating resources to a project you don’t want.

You are also assuming things you have no way of knowing, such as bugs are being completely ignored. The fact that they may not be fixed yet is not the same thing as they are being ignored. You are not at GGG’s offices, you do not know what is going on there. Have you read the list of bugs they have fixed? It’s pretty long. I would wager you’ve never programmed a damn thing in your life.

By the way, the XBox version is patches behind the PC version.

All companies expand their product lines, eventually, if things work out as GGG plans, XBox customers will be paying into the general GGG money pool which goes towards making products GGG wants to make.

This is true for every single company out there. Do you only eat at restaurants where you enjoy 100% of the menu? If you don’t, you are paying for that restaurant to develope menu items that OTHERS enjoy that YOU DO NOT (to use your absolutely retarded caps scheme).

-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Okay fine, you really want to do this.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of your relationship with GGG. You are a customer to a business, the same as any other. Just because the monetization scheme is different it doesn’t alter that underlying fact. They did not ask for your donation with the implicit or explicit understanding that you would get a say in what they do. They offered to sell you cosmetic items.

GGG has absolutely no way of knowing what you enjoy. By your logic, any skill, area, monster, map, or anything else that you do not enjoy should not be implemented by GGG. To suggest that GGG making a game for XBox that happens to be the same as the PC game is somehow different than them making a completely different game you don’t want to play is simply wrong. In each case, GGG is allocating resources to a project you don’t want.

You are also assuming things you have no way of knowing, such as bugs are being completely ignored. The fact that they may not be fixed yet is not the same thing as they are being ignored. You are not at GGG’s offices, you do not know what is going on there. Have you read the list of bugs they have fixed? It’s pretty long. I would wager you’ve never programmed a damn thing in your life.

By the way, the XBox version is patches behind the PC version.

All companies expand their product lines, eventually, if things work out as GGG plans, XBox customers will be paying into the general GGG money pool which goes towards making products GGG wants to make.

This is true for every single company out there. Do you only eat at restaurants where you enjoy 100% of the menu? If you don’t, you are paying for that restaurant to develope menu items that OTHERS enjoy that YOU DO NOT (to use your absolutely retarded caps scheme).

You're taking things I said and extrapolating them to the point where they're nowhere near what I said in the first place. In fact, you're taking them to points that I explicitly stated I do not agree with. But I'll take this slowly.

I have no misunderstanding of my relationship with GGG. I am not buying PoE as a product. The MtX might be a product, but the game itself is not. However, I do not see the MtX as a product either. When you go to a restaurant and they offer you a free round of drinks as a "reward" for spending so much on their food, the drinks are not the product you went in there for. In this analogy, the drinks are the MtX and the game is the food. And they are completely different.
Maybe you're not like this (I somehow doubt it considering the number of your supporter packs) but when I bought my pack, I didn't buy it for the points. I bought it to give back to GGG for giving me PoE. And I would have done it for 0 points as well. Because at the point I made the purchase, I had been playing PoE for over 3 years. In those 3 years, I disagreed with the majority of decisions GGG took. So many things rubbed me the wrong way - Mana Reservation nerfs, retroactive item nerfs (started with CoE), Eldritch Battery nerf... so many others. I have never been even 20% onboard with GGG's balance decisions, and yet I kept playing the game.
I do not easily support F2P games. Most companies eventually destroy their game with P2W or milk it as much as possible. GGG won me over with their ethics more than anything. After 3 years of being stingy, I had finally decided they were trustworthy - that I could give them my money, and they would do with it what they thought was best for the game I play. Maybe I would not agree with it, but it would still be progress for Path of Exile.
Instead, GGG took my money (along with the money of others) and instead used it to create a product that is inaccessible to me. Not only that, but that product would, as I repeatedly said, be a continuous drain on their resources. You claim it expands their market and will make them money, but it probably will not, and if it ever does, it will be so far into the future that I will not benefit from it in any way. For now, PoE-Xbox is a drain on resources, and is therefore actively making the PC version worse than it could potentially be had those resources been invested in it instead.

You keep saying that I make it about what I enjoy, but that is not true; I even said I would be fine with them expanding to the PC and making a game I do not specifically enjoy. Because, you see, if I don't agree with the changes they make in game, or with the type of game they decided to develop, that has to do with me, and I can't blame GGG for it. It's my fault I don't enjoy them. But the Xbox version is something I will never be able to benefit from, and yet it drains resources from something I do benefit from. All the blame for me not being able to benefit from it lies with GGG, and that is why they have lost my trust and my support - and that affects the people I influence when it comes to this game, as I am the oldest player in my group of playing friends. I consciously dissuaded them from supporting the game, telling them to view any money they spend on it as a purchase - "buy what you want with the minimal amount of money spent possible, because they do not deserve any more than that, they'll use it on Xbox". Thankfully, they all listened.

Also, bugs are ignored. It's been more than a month since someone from GGG said they'd push a fix for Standard bandits soon, and it's nowhere in sight. Guess why - no wait, I'll tell you: there's no Standard characters on Xbox.

Hopefully this helped you understand properly, because up till now you weren't even close to having a decent understanding of what I said.

Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Sep 21, 2017, 6:35:22 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:

So you have just intentionally ignored all of the information about how the XBox port has affected the PC version right? Because you come off as extremely ignorant and ill-informed in your post here... Aside from the stuff that PC only got because of XBox, are you forgetting... Acts 5-10 that were just released in a single patch?

There are still people who've bought into the fairy tale of "the PC game benefited from the console expansion"? Wow. You must be a special boy.

The only way that the Xbox version affects the PC version is negatively. Any resources taken up by the Xbox version could have gone to the PC version. An Xbox version was not needed to get acts 5-10, that could and would have happened either way. Get educated about the concept of "opportunity cost", and you will understand that making an Xbox port is 100% a detriment to us PC users. We gain nothing from it existing that we could not have gotten without its existence.

Sorry, you're wrong. I can elaborate if you want, but it'd be much easier for us both if you just accept that you've said something untenable. But if you want, I will make that effort. I'm just not willing to do it without first knowing whether or not you want to learn, or if you just want to argue.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that.

-Galileo Galilei
To be honest if my game looked like this i'd quit too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Eh9-kCmbY

It can't even handle sunder, nice pixels :/
Last edited by DrDraids on Sep 21, 2017, 11:42:58 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
Who gives a fuck?

I DO

cause GOD DAMM, NOW THEY WILL FOCUS RESOURCES TO FIX THE GAME FOR CONSOLE INSTEAD OF PC =/
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
The_Risen wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Who gives a fuck?

I DO

cause GOD DAMM, NOW THEY WILL FOCUS RESOURCES TO FIX THE GAME FOR CONSOLE INSTEAD OF PC =/

They're already doing that. That's where most of their resources are going to.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Sorry, you're wrong. I can elaborate if you want, but it'd be much easier for us both if you just accept that you've said something untenable. But if you want, I will make that effort. I'm just not willing to do it without first knowing whether or not you want to learn, or if you just want to argue.

You can go ahead if you wish. I'm always willing to be proven wrong. A discussion should be a learning experience.

However, I am fairly confident that you will not be able to prove me wrong. You might think you have arguments, but I seriously doubt you'll be able to disprove Economics.

Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Sep 22, 2017, 12:34:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info