Only 0.33% of Xbox players hit 80...

it would be interesting to know what % killed act10 kitava
"
Arzhulmand wrote:
Xbox version works perfectly well. I quite like it and I played the pc version almost since it came out. That makes me a decent source to judge, I'd think. You are just misguided and probably haven't even touched the xbox version out of pure spite from being a PC fanboy. I am a PC gamer, I get it, but I also like to dabble into xbox because I have friends that are console bros. Gotta pull that stick out of your ass sometimes.

If you played the pc version have the courage to assume your troll posts by using your real account kid.
"
I personally hope that the Xbox version will get completely abandoned by that playerbase, to the point where GGG will hopefully realise that it's not worth maintaining (currently they're using PC player money to have Xbox players keep playing, which is the reason I haven't given them a single dime since they announced it even though I both could and wanted to purchase supporter packs). If they keep hauling that resource drain around, well, too bad, eventually the game will probably get worse and worse and hopefully, by that time, I will have found a better game to play.

[Removed by Support]

I bet you're also a hypocrite, unless you plan on telling me you only give money to companies that you agree with 100%.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Al_GGG on Sep 21, 2017, 11:46:41 AM
What's the % of desktop players though? I have a suspicion it isn't that much higher.
"
ironstove wrote:
What's the % of desktop players though? I have a suspicion it isn't that much higher.

Shhh, no perspective is allowed in an xbox-bashing thread.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
ironstove wrote:

think it was a bit below 5% on steam

Edit: Actual stats
Fall of Oriath - Complete Part 1. - 5.8%
Sin and Salvation - Complete Part 2. - 4.1%
Diminishing Returns - Reach level 90 as a non-Hardcore character. - 2.6%
Last edited by almostdead on Sep 20, 2017, 3:27:18 PM
"

I personally hope that the Xbox version will get completely abandoned by that playerbase, to the point where GGG will hopefully realise that it's not worth maintaining (currently they're using PC player money to have Xbox players keep playing, which is the reason I haven't given them a single dime since they announced it even though I both could and wanted to purchase supporter packs). If they keep hauling that resource drain around, well, too bad, eventually the game will probably get worse and worse and hopefully, by that time, I will have found a better game to play.

So you have just intentionally ignored all of the information about how the XBox port has affected the PC version right? Because you come off as extremely ignorant and ill-informed in your post here... Aside from the stuff that PC only got because of XBox, are you forgetting... Acts 5-10 that were just released in a single patch?
U MAD?
"
twothe wrote:
Well they chose the worst expansion to push into the XBox market, and the stats look like a lot of people just drop the game after a few hours.

Its a free to play game, & Free to play games are very rare on consoles, so naturally many tried, decide its not their cup of tea & move on.

There are also alot of issues GGG took for granted & expose by console, like the constance need (especially when new) to look up internet and forum on the game mechanics. Then there is trading. Many consoles gamers don't have a pc/tablet on theor side when playing or wanted to do so.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
twothe wrote:
Well they chose the worst expansion to push into the XBox market, and the stats look like a lot of people just drop the game after a few hours.

Its a free to play game, & Free to play games are very rare on consoles, so naturally many tried, decide its not their cup of tea & move on.

There are also alot of issues GGG took for granted & expose by console, like the constance need (especially when new) to look up internet and forum on the game mechanics. Then there is trading. Many consoles gamers don't have a pc/tablet on theor side when playing or wanted to do so.

In my experiences, the biggest issue is not having a global chat. I never thought i would miss global until I played xbox.

Getting simple things like Uber Trials for example is a pain in the ass. I'm level 86 and only have 2 of the trials done with no end in sight.

Trade is not as big a problem as people make it out to be when looking for uniques, but min maxing the proper rares is very tricky.

The bigger problem is that this type of game is so new to console players that even a month into the xbox league, end game items are just not present on the trade boards to even buy...and if they are then they have a cost that is pretty much unattainable for the "new players" the console was meant to attract.

I mean 5L Carcass Jacks are going for 5 exalts lol. Kaom's Heart? One available - 15 ex. Since poe.ninja has no available API's for a trade board to scrape from xbox.com (or wherever), there is no real indication of what Chaos:Exalt ratios even are. Is that Kaom's 200c or 1200c? It's impossible to tell so even saving for big ticket items seems futile. It is simply impossible to even ask the basic question of "How much of my Byzantine currency must I combine to even make 1 exalt?"

The game is basically forced SSF with the occasional buying of small upgrades if you can find them on the trade board...which my guess is most people won't find anything unless its a unique.

I think a direct port to xbox was a mistake after spending about 40 hours in the game with my level 86 berserker. Not because of controls or anything else like that... moreso that games have to be designed specifically for the target medium. This is clearly a port without a lot of forethought into how the game is played at it's fundamental levels.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't really see this game taking off and if it does, the "standard" league will be the only one that is remotely playable for a VERY long time since most people won't commit to re-leveling their already mediocre-geared characters in a 3-month league.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 20, 2017, 5:30:11 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:

So you have just intentionally ignored all of the information about how the XBox port has affected the PC version right? Because you come off as extremely ignorant and ill-informed in your post here... Aside from the stuff that PC only got because of XBox, are you forgetting... Acts 5-10 that were just released in a single patch?

There are still people who've bought into the fairy tale of "the PC game benefited from the console expansion"? Wow. You must be a special boy.

The only way that the Xbox version affects the PC version is negatively. Any resources taken up by the Xbox version could have gone to the PC version. An Xbox version was not needed to get acts 5-10, that could and would have happened either way. Get educated about the concept of "opportunity cost", and you will understand that making an Xbox port is 100% a detriment to us PC users. We gain nothing from it existing that we could not have gotten without its existence.

"
Archwizard wrote:

Way to be a short-sighted and selfish asshole.

I bet you're also a hypocrite, unless you plan on telling me you only give money to companies that you agree with 100%.

This is about entertainment right? So I can tell you, with 100% honesty, that I do not give money for my entertainment that is then taken and used for somebody else's entertainment in a way that deprives me of mine. So in this context, yes, I act the same way in every case.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Sep 20, 2017, 9:48:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info