Pewdiepie using the N word during a stream

He's an idiot, and he did a really dumb thing. Personally though, I don't care. What I do care about is the DMCA component, and the potential precedent it could be setting, depending on how it shakes out...
U MAD?
I recently stumbled upon a story, obviously written by a racist dick.

I can't believe such people exist. For real.
Can someone report this fascist to authorities, to have this bigotry removed from the internet? Innocent children may accidentally find this disgusting thing.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
pneuma wrote:
I mind very much that people were, even jokingly, suggesting using the DMCA fraudulently as a tool of censorship.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
What I do care about is the DMCA component, and the potential precedent it could be setting, depending on how it shakes out...
Good. Some sane people.

Related article: https://archive.fo/aajUm
Interesting comment below as well.
"
torturo wrote:
report this fascist to authorities
lul
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 15, 2017, 5:21:13 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
He's an idiot, and he did a really dumb thing. Personally though, I don't care. What I do care about is the DMCA component, and the potential precedent it could be setting, depending on how it shakes out...

And that is why I do not want to support Campo Santo for using DMCA (and I always found this Act to be very draconian) in that method. I hope they fail horribly with this, otherwise, it will be a very dark age.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 15, 2017, 5:41:02 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Idiot streamer uses racial slur, idiot developer virtue signals over Twitter... I couldn't shrug harder tbh.

well I do agree he's an idiot and I hate his stuff on youtube never been a fan of his. But I don't see what wrong he has done, I think people are overreacting and the developer are taking a dangerous censorship path, I think it will backfire on them.
Down with censorship!
Censored.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Idiot streamer uses racial slur, idiot developer virtue signals over Twitter... I couldn't shrug harder tbh.

well I do agree he's an idiot and I hate his stuff on youtube never been a fan of his. But I don't see what wrong he has done, I think people are overreacting and the developer are taking a dangerous censorship path, I think it will backfire on them.

racial slurs when you are broadcasting something that is seen by milions of people and you don't see the wrong in it?

The guy should get a restraining order from using a computer. All he do is spread racist views/slurs/ideas by making this kind of crap. It's not like it's accidental or the first time. He's consistently doing that kind of garbage while he has a very young and impressionable audience. Imagine if a teacher spoke of the civil war of the US and used the words [Removed by Support] to replace "blacks" when talking about black people.

Imagine the same about WW2 and jewish population.

This shit is dangerous.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Sep 16, 2017, 3:53:04 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
This shit is dangerous.

For me, words aren't scary. Not even the naughtiest of words. You see, I've got these things I can defend myself with.

They're called arguments.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Wait why does .gov investigate and prosecute civil rights violations like not baking cakes for certain people or say not hiring blacks. Seems to me freedom of speech is a civil right as well and should be protected from consequences.

I'm no law person but seems some rights more protected than others.

Obligatory I don't agree with racial slurs and you'll never hear me use one (low class mainly) but believe in rights to say it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 16, 2017, 6:18:44 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

racial slurs when you are broadcasting something that is seen by milions of people and you don't see the wrong in it?

The guy should get a restraining order from using a computer. All he do is spread racist views/slurs/ideas by making this kind of crap. It's not like it's accidental or the first time. He's consistently doing that kind of garbage while he has a very young and impressionable audience. Imagine if a teacher spoke of the civil war of the US and used the words [Removed by Support] to replace "blacks" when talking about black people.

Imagine the same about WW2 and jewish population.

This shit is dangerous.

[Removed by Support]

Who can you trust to determine which speech/opinion is acceptable?

Is criticizing a religion for practices you don't like hate speech directed at that religion?

Is criticizing abuse by white police officers hate speech against the police or white people?

If we had legal censorship of alleged hate speech in the recent past you can be certain that Martin Luther King, Malcom X, the Black Panthers, anti-war protesters etc would have all been rounded up for anti-Americanism or some other offensive speech code the majority consensus wanted.

The answer is no one can be trusted to determine which opinions or non-violent forms of expression are acceptable. Censors always look foolish in hindsight.

[Removed by Support]

If you give the government the power to ban certain speech because you feel it is offensive/disruptive.

Then when your opposition gets elected then they have the power to silence you.

[Removed by Support]
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Sep 24, 2017, 10:37:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info