Pewdiepie using the N word during a stream

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
again that old Nazi thing about him? xD
seriously people get offended so easily these day. We live in a world where the emotions and feelings of super sensitive people are more important than facts and reality.

A combination of Nazi imagery, [Removed by Support], and using the n word. Being offended by that isn't being super sensitive. I offend people all the time but I don't need or want to use Nazis to do it and I would expect to be widely condemned for it if I did.

yes it's being over sensitive especially when you watch it in context realizing it's only a satire. You only have to be extremely sensitive and big into SJW or PC culture to be offended by that. At least watch the video and check the context.

On the contrary, there is nothing to suggest it's satire, he got angry at someone in a game and called him a [Removed by Support]. That is the context. Making excuses for shit like that is how we ended up with sjw's who took it way too far and ended up being offended by anything and everything.

Being offended by someone openly using Nazi imagery, racial slurs, and paying poor people to hold up racist signs is completely reasonable. I say that as someone who isn't generally easily offended.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 15, 2017, 6:24:42 PM
kinda late to the topic. its a non-issue, he didnt say it in a racially-charged way.
also pretty sure not the first time he said it either, but some did not feel as threatened by his existence back then.
I dislike the guy, I think he's obnoxious as fuck, but Im not gonna treat him wrong because of it. The small minded may think whatever, and the ones wanting to keep power through some sort of moral hysteria may screech (i.e. write """articles""" and virtue signal)
Oblivious
cant say I care... at all
I dont see any any key!
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. Individuals getting upset about what he said is fair game. It upsets me to hear the word, regardless of the ethnicity of the one who says it.

The misuse of DMCA versus Kjellberg, however, has the potential to set a dangerous and Orwellian precedent. I hope Felix sues them and I hope he wins.
I do think it does not help much for the firewatch dev team to make more money from future customers when their product is getting slammed hard with negative reviews. They may try to have higher moral standpoint over Kjellberg, but in the end, money talks. Sean Vanaman should be proud he may have potentially ruined anything Campo Santo co. does in the future with what he/they pulled to achieve something.
If this thread is any indication, Vanaman and Campo Santo will be rewarded rather than punished for this behavior unless a lawsuit against them is successful. The DMCA component of this controversy will be buried under racial tension ad nauseum as far as the court of public opinion is concerned. A small handful of IP rights activists will remember and boycott the company, but a perhaps larger group of SJWs will be endeared to Vanaman's actions and offer continuing support. DMCA, unfortunately, is not as sexy of an issue as it is an important one.

As usual, "it's okay to drop the N-bomb" white racists, their sympathizers, and troll impersonator-LARPers will ruin it by taking a complete shit on the signal-to-noise ratio.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 15, 2017, 12:35:15 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I even fucking post.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If this thread is any indication, Vanaman and Campo Santo will be rewarded rather than punished for this behavior unless a lawsuit against them is successful. The DMCA component of this controversy will be buried under racial tension ad nauseum as far as the court of public opinion is concerned. A small handful of IP rights activists will remember and boycott the company, but a perhaps larger group of SJWs will be endeared to Vanaman's actions and offer continuing support. DMCA, unfortunately, is not as sexy of an issue as it is an important one.

As usual, "it's okay to drop the N-bomb" white racists, their sympathizers, and troll impersonator-LARPers will ruin it by taking a complete shit on the signal-to-noise ratio.

That may also be possibility, but I just did not like how it was handled. Vanaman could had dealt with this behind the scene to punish Pewdiepie without having this matter escalate. If Pewdiepie revealed this case that was privately handled, then it will be all of his fault. However, Vanaman took this to the public to condemned Pewdiepie like he was the worst criminal ever and forever tarnishing the reputation of Pewdiepie in real life (if becomes more common knowledge somehow) which makes it nearly impossible to be redeemed.

Vanaman used this publicity for his own/company's agenda. I just cannot support someone like this no matter what.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Well, none of this really concerns me, but I'll chime in anyway. The whole "death to all jews" controversy was obviously a joke intentionally taken out of context by the WSJ, shame on them. This new development is a different thing entirely. Either way, I don't see this effecting Pewds in any notable way. The guy has a net worth of twenty million dollars. That's a lot of financial armor. He barely has any stake in his own behavior. It's 400 grand a year for fifty years. Not to mention that he'll see several million a year for quite awhile based only on his existing video/subscriber base. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just trolling because he can.
I don't mind if Pewdiepie gets taken to the cleaners for this.

I mind very much that people were, even jokingly, suggesting using the DMCA fraudulently as a tool of censorship.
Idiot streamer uses racial slur, idiot developer virtue signals over Twitter... I couldn't shrug harder tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Tempest in a teakettle.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info