Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Suggestion - Trading Board - Make Buyouts Instantaneous

Title.

Anecdotes / Thoughts:

My selling experiences on PoE-XB1 have been wonderful, with some buyers paying more than was asked for because I sell on the cheap and like a clean stash.

My buying experiences have been mostly awful however, with very few transactions getting completed.

Players frequently list their items at exorbitant buyout prices (which I grudgingly agree to) only to reject my buyout offers nearly every time, usually with an ultimatum price offered in the "message" field.

Yes, the market is new and in flux but there's no reason a "buyout" (asking) price should be used to attract buyers when there was never any intention to sell at that price.

TL;DR - Buyout / Asking Price should be an actual Buyout / Asking Price, not a means to bait and switch.
(Just Another Filthy XBox Casual)
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 2:31:45 PM
Except that this would almost certainly ensure hordes of bots buying up and hoarding currency. It would create a black market economy instantaneously.
^ You're saying that requiring two endpoint button presses over time to make a sale defeats bots but reducing it to one endpoint button press would result in Skynet.

Neither is true.
I'm saying that allowing straight buyouts would induce many folks to run currency bots. This has LITERALLY been the case in every game with an economy I've ever played where currency was indirectly traded without requiring some kind of validation for purchase other than clicking the 'buy now' link.

I don't like the current system; it's clunky, but PoE is clunky. In fact, one of the draws is its clunkiness -- it's streamlined in its gameplay, but its other systems are opaque enough to turn away *most* people unwilling to invest some measure of time and energy in getting to know it.

At least now, you have to ACTUALLY make a physical offer which can then be rejected and you can either enter into negotiation, walk away, or make your trade.

I know it's frustrating to have folks post a cost only to then choose to not honour that cost and *open* negotiations. That needs to be addressed, no doubt. I just don't think that having a 'buy now' option is the answer because it ultimately just invites bot activity, and will artificially control a significant portion of the supply AND demand of currency.
So just started trading on xbox this week.

Question based on a scenario:

-- Player has item on sale for 1 chaos.
-- I click the item put my one chaos in the window to meet their offer
-- I submit the offer

What exactly happens on the selling players end?

They go to the trade board and see they have an offer on an item and they have to accept it, yes?
If they accept it, how do I actually claim the item? Does it just show up in the trade board waiting to be picked up?

Does this work for offline players? So I can make an offer on items for players that aren't logged in...when they log in it actually gives me the item once they approve?

Still trying to figure it all out.

Pretty much playing SSF on xbox though since trading, at the moment, does seem like a fools errand.

When you "Submit" your 1c it adds an "offer" notification to the seller's trade board. He can press《 on the d-pad to accept or 》to reject your offer.

By pressing X he can also add a rejection message to let you know why giving him what he asked for suddenly isn't good enough, and that he actually wants 20 exalted orbs, not 1c as advertised. (This is how most non-junk item trades currently go. Unrealistic gouging and absurd demands.)

If they had accepted the advertised price, you (the buyer) would receive an "Accepted" label on your "offer" and can retrieve the item by selecting it with the left stick, pressing Y and placing it into your inventory.

The trade board works for both online and offline players, but players must manually check the board to observe the status of their trades (submitted, accepted, rejected) and complete exchanges.

The system itself is lovely, it's greedy hagglers with zero respect for other players that make it a time-wasting chore.

As for alternative suggestions, fire away.

My experiences with bots and offsite transactions in games suggests that they will occur as soon as there's a real life profit to be made.

The current system actually facilitates offsite / black market trades nicely: make an offer on any item "I" have listed and "I" will reject it with an automatic message telling you to trade on "my website" instead. Free advertising despite no in-game chat. EZPZ.
I had that exact thing happen yesterday when trying to buy an ancient doom prophecy... i put up 1 ex, then he declined my offer of 1 ex and changed the price to 20 ex. Some of the listed prices are outrageous.
They would also need to adress then the issue, that if you stash stackable items, it can easily add to an enlisted item stack and then your price is to low. Stacks with a pricetag should be ignored when moving items to the stash via X button.
"
aiglos78 wrote:
Except that this would almost certainly ensure hordes of bots buying up and hoarding currency. It would create a black market economy instantaneously.

Because so many people are running bots on console games right?
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
Because so many people are running bots on console games right?

Yeah, because when we have a working API and a poe.trade like site you can't run a bot on PC...
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info