Suggestion - Trading Board - Make Buyouts Instantaneous

"
"
Slizzered wrote:
Because so many people are running bots on console games right?

Yeah, because when we have a working API and a poe.trade like site you can't run a bot on PC...

Are you trolling or are you really that dense?

Neither of you understands how a bot actually works

Neither of you understands what it entails to set up one that's actually effective

Who in the blue hell would waste time and effort botting on console when the vast majority of items are overpriced af (since most of the playerbase are idiots) and the playerbase size is nowhere near that of PC?

Please cease posting so we never have to be assaulted by your moronic drivel again
Blood makes the blade holy, cross me and I won't hesitate to bless the blade.

"
Slizzered wrote:
Neither of you understands how a bot actually works

Who in the blue hell would waste time and effort botting on console when the vast majority of items are overpriced af (since most of the playerbase are idiots) and the playerbase size is nowhere near that of PC?

Purpose of bot:
- buy cheap
- sell for high price

Even *YOU* say most items are overpriced! So there'll never be a better time to set up a bot!

Do you actually know the difference between trade on PC and Xbox?

PS. Looking at your forum posts... every single one of them is negative and putting people down. You registered in 2013 but only started posting on August 8 2017. You have no listed achievements or challenges, thus it seems unlikely you played the game on PC. Though you're blabbering like you know it all. So if you don't like it here, get lost.

PS2. Please read the Code Of Conduct for this forum. If you do a personal attack again, I will report your post.
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on Sep 13, 2017 5:59:32 AM
None of what you said makes any sense and I feel as if I've become less intelligent from having to try to decipher your gibbersh, this will be the last time I bother replying to you since it's obvious you're clueless and are too ignorant to realize it.

Let's all take a moment to imagine just how much of a coward someone would have to be to threaten to run to the mods over those posts. You'll definitely go far in life being such a delicate flower.

Uh, I'm completely aware of what bots are and how they operate. I actually lived with someone who made a significant amount of money while we were in college designing and running leveling/farming script bots in D2 -- mostly hammerdin Baal runs. I also sold characters (I was young and didn't really contemplate the ethics of it), but my roommate was operating on an entirely differently level. He basically funded his senior of college by...botting. Do I write or script bots myself? No. But a decade in DII, WoW, and later DIII just to name a few AAA titles spent with, you know, BOTTERS running around every corner does make one a wee bit more attentive to general bot behavior.

Oh, look guys, I come to the Badlands every day at the same time for a week and there is this same Tauren running exactly the same (and impossibly) efficient route between these same 12 mining nodes!?!?!? WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!!

...anyway.

Yes, I understand that consoles have closed architecture, and you can't directly run 3rd party programs...yada, yada, yada. Yes, I understand you cannot run custom scripts on console...well, at least not without somehow hacking the console OS, which I assume is possible if you have the know-how. I assume it's an incredibly small percentage of any player base who WOULD know how to do so.

I should have been more measured in my language. I don't think there would ever be MANY people running any kind of 3rd party program on consoles.

But I can assure you that where there is money to be made, there will be someone who will find a way to do it.

...don't believe me, though? By all means, go spend some time on the intarwebs reading about the ESO bot influx, or spend a little time over at ViperBot forums

Where there is a niche, it WILL be filled. The console player base is smaller? Probably, but I have no idea as I've yet to see any hard numbers. I assume you're right. What does that matter? If someone can make money, it will be made.

Why even bother introducing the potential?
Last edited by aiglos78 on Sep 13, 2017 9:44:17 AM
"
aiglos78 wrote:
I should have been more measured in my language. I don't think there would ever be MANY people running any kind of 3rd party program on consoles.

The problem I have is that with the API people can probably have a bot running on PC, as the API will be accessible on more than just an xbox...
"
"
aiglos78 wrote:

The problem I have is that with the API people can probably have a bot running on PC, as the API will be accessible on more than just an xbox...

I'll just have to admit that I'm not API-savvy enough to be clear on whether or not there would be actual data transfer resulting in cross-platform communication. I mean, I understand what APIs do, in basic terms, but I don't really understand whether or not *giving* consoles the API would result in tabs being dynamically updated across both platforms, and therefore resulting in at least the *potential* for botted currency to end up in the console economy.

I readily admit that I'm just a hardware tinkerer. I mean, I can write a little code, but anything at the level of interface applications is beyond my expertise. *grin*
I can't grasp how someone could seriously think that anyone would waste the time and effort to get a bot up and running in the joke of an economy that's on xbox instead of just running it on PC where it will flourish since their playerbase isn't populated by idiots who think low-level trash uniques like Quill Rain can be sold for multiple C.

Haha...I think you SERIOUSLY underestimate the desire of people to make money in the most outlandish ways.

Nature abhors a vacuum, my friend.

Look, I'm not arguing just to be pedantic or to sound pretentious. I readily admit that I'm not an expert on the technical limitations of APIs. I also absolutely understand the level of difficulty that attempting to run a 3rd party program represents on consoles. But saying things like "it's impossible." and asking questions like "why would anyone do this?" are something akin to "WHY should we go to the moon?" There may be practical benefits, but it's just as likely that the answer will be, "BECAUSE. WE. CAN."

...at least in the context of pondering WHY human beings undertake certain endeavors.

We're not bound purely by instinct. Sometimes, we make arbitrary and capricious choices...just because we can. Why do troll channels flourish on You Tube? Why do people spend, literally, tens of thousands of dollars to obtain virtual window dressing to show off to other virtual clients they will almost certainly NEVER meet in real life? You may as well ask why birds fly -- there is an evolutionary answer, of course, which has to do with natural selection. But birds don't CONSIDER why they fly, how they fly, or what the function of flying is. They just fly...because they have wings and nature has, unbeknownst to them, refined them to be ever-more efficient competitors in their ecological niche.

So, again, I'm not just arguing for the sake or argument. There may, in fact, be very real and absolute technical limitations that present obstacles of such a nature, the denizens of the intarwebs may choose to completely overlook this particularly small bubble of possibility. But the Chinese just managed to work out quantum entanglement at a range of several hundred miles. We're a curious bunch of monkeys, who like to exploit systems for the sheer joy of exploitation.

Last edited by aiglos78 on Sep 13, 2017 3:02:45 PM
How about instead of typing a novella you actually take a moment to understand what I've said multiple times in this thread. You've made it painfully obvious that you either don't read my posts (just look at you trying to claim I said it was impossible to bot on console) or truly can't comprehend them even though I've presented everything in a simple matter

I'll break it down for you one last time then I'm done with this since this conversation is boring the hell out of me;

The xbox economy sucks compared to the PC one (profit margins are terrible for flipping, fluctuations happen a few times a day which could cut even further into your profits, finding actual worthwhile items is too much of a hassle with this joke of an AH they've burdened us with)

It's too much effort to set up a bot on a console

So you're here arguing that someone would skip right across a platform where they could not only easily set up a bot but have it be very profitable to do it on one where it is the opposite. Sure some people might do that, where I come from we call them fucking idiots, but it wouldn't even matter since they wouldn't have any impact at all on the game (if bots are this dirge you're making them out to be then why is PC fine when it's flooded with them?) and would most likely give up on it after a few days of watching it fail miserably.

No. I read everything you had to say - closely, in fact. Close reading is an integral part of my job, but I digress. My 'impossible' comment wasn't actually directed at you -- it was directed at the 'general' response you often hear around this discussion from uninformed internet denizens, which goes something like, "BOTZ? NO BOTZ ON PLAYBOX...IMPOZZIBLES!!!"

...but everyone fully understood your contention: That it simply wouldn't be worth someone's time or effort to go to the lengths necessary to run a bot on console when they could just see a much better ROI by running a bot on PC.

Again, no one disagreed with that.

That was the point of my 'novela.'

Where there is the potential to do a thing, almost inevitably someone will -- not for the sake of efficiency or return-on-investment necessarily, often enough...just for the lulz. PC economies aren't 'fine' when there are a plethora of bots. I'm not even sure what that means. People TOLERATE them and their impact on the games and the economies of those games they enjoy because a) they have no choice, b) it's expensive and time-intensive for companies to deal with and, so, they often don't, c) because they often don't even realize how bots are actually IMPACTING the economy of the game and, therefore, impacting their own experience.

I understand it must be wearying for an edgelord to confront the base intellects of our tiny primate brains. Sorry to have caused you such searing pain, friend!
Last edited by aiglos78 on Sep 13, 2017 3:05:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info