New Microtransactions - Pitch Black Armour Set, Cloaks, Shields and more!

"
Drimli wrote:

Yeah i am just so angry atm man =) you are right but it feels so wrong when they just don't give a crap about the community and to be open about the game problems... if they could just keep us up to date and admit when they f... up i would not need to be angry or sad.

Yes, the only time I know GGG listened is when I see them announce something that's in response to the feedback. I get annoyed as well, but my patience kicks in and I just get on with playing the game and wait for the next announcement.

The game itself is good, GGG have to satisfy a bunch of different people with different tastes, some just want the game to run properly and be balanced, others like flashy wings and rainbows shitting out of their characters arses, others like gritty dark doom and gloom environments and effects. They have their work cut out for them, I think they are keeping up pretty well considering.
Last edited by Skronos on Sep 8, 2017, 5:34:00 AM
"
Xanoman wrote:
"
Kenchucky wrote:
Selling the separate colors is a mistake. just sell chromatic MTX dye. Sell them in packs and = money.

You mean if you want to be even greedier pigs, then sell dye packs. Why not just sell 1 cloak that you can change the color on for 150 points? That way they make money and give a good deal to the consumer. Instead of just trying to rake in the most profit regardless of how it fucks over the consumer.

which ever way works man.

i do agree that the game needs allot of Performance improvements... ALLOT!!!

but guild wars did it so well with the Dye system. they could sell dye packs with like epic animated stuff.

a cape that can be changed to flames or celestial or whatever. they cant just give it away for free.
the nice special stuff can be sold, just make it a pack for 200 points and now i have 5 cape styles.
Colossus 2h Sword looks like Gats sword from Berserk. Cool. 170 points for it not so cool thou.
Let's get it out of the way that I hate cloaks (and the part where every line of supporter packs since Breach has had cloaks).

Originally, cloaks were only available through supporter packs, and they were over the top. When the Hooded Cloak was released, I thought:
"Oh, that's nice, a decent, no frills attached cloak for the people who like that stuff. It can be a lower price point, say five bucks, and the fancy ridiculous stuff will be more expensive."

And they made it fifteen bucks. More recently, the wasteland cloak, which is a rag, is somehow more expensive at a price point of sixteen dollars. And now, a set of recolours is again fifteen dollars a piece.

I'm generally fine with the prices of microtransactions in this game, since (apart from the account stuff) they're purely cosmetic and generally there are some options available at lower price points. There are, say, lower-end weapon effects, skill effects, helm effects, pets. Though certainly I think GGG could through people with a tighter budget a bone a bit more often than they do.

These cloaks, then, are incomprehensible to me. I would never buy them to begin with, mind you, but that the most straightforward and basic cloak is fifteen dollars is silly, and adding eight colour variations of it half a year later at fifteen dollars per just exacerbates the issue.

As an aside, I'd like there to be sword skins that are a reasonable size for once. The Seraph Sword is at least different in that it is sleek and elegant, but it's still a one-handed sword that is as long as the character wielding it.

Selling the separate colors is a mistake. just sell chromatic MTX dye. Sell them in packs and = money.

Yeah, that's just not going to happen. The Seraph set alone pretty much sealed that already, and as a more recent example there's the various recolours from the Classic Mystery Box. A dye system is not in the cards.
Cannot purchase any more of your goods until the issues with DCs can be resolved.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Cannot purchase any more of your goods until the issues with DCs can be resolved.

this may get them to sort out the performance issues if enough of us band together... im with you

+1.
"
Skronos wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:

Yeah i am just so angry atm man =) you are right but it feels so wrong when they just don't give a crap about the community and to be open about the game problems... if they could just keep us up to date and admit when they f... up i would not need to be angry or sad.

Yes, the only time I know GGG listened is when I see them announce something that's in response to the feedback. I get annoyed as well, but my patience kicks in and I just get on with playing the game and wait for the next announcement.

The game itself is good, GGG have to satisfy a bunch of different people with different tastes, some just want the game to run properly and be balanced, others like flashy wings and rainbows shitting out of their characters arses, others like gritty dark doom and gloom environments and effects. They have their work cut out for them, I think they are keeping up pretty well considering.

Exactly and they can't satisfy all people taste quickly.

And sure they need to get some cash first before continue improve the game after doing all this work for the extra content ( +6 act it's something)
So now they are in rewarding phase with MTX ( they hope at least) Then come back again with game improvement etc....
Simple and efficient enought for both side, players and dev.

Playing with a potato PC , average internet connexion ( only 8 mega shit ) the game is faaaaaaar more better in stability than before,EU Gateway here on a island .

Last edited by Elf_97 on Sep 8, 2017, 6:27:07 AM
That gloves made for facebreaker builds:D
The claws and the 2H Berserk sword look best so far.
GGG is popping out these MTX out really fast lately;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
looks all amazing and nothing against a colossus 2h sword mtx.

thing is: big swords are typical for weapons in games poe set out to compete with using a darker and grittier style.

in this regard, having a 1h version of the colossus sword skin is just ridiculous given the usual attack speed of one handers.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 8, 2017, 7:04:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info