Bosses ruin the game for me personally. ( XBOX )

It's a LOT worse with a ranged character, i'm sure, i've never played a game this ridiculous before, the boss fights would be laughable if they weren't so depressingly one sided... devs need to pull their heads out, the store works perfectly i'll bet, but they haven't touched the Ranger yet either.
The only thing you need is more experience. Melee builds are super strong this league and past league too. For bosses the best solution is outdamage them, if you concern about your defences to the limit, but that cost do 1/4 of the damage you can do, that doesnt work. I have a Blade Flurry build (melee btw) and do all content without a issue and almost always deathless. Have 5.5k hp, and my only defence are life leach, even my chaos resistance is -40%, but a boss come out and dissapear instantly except for the ones have phases.

Follow a guide step by step until you gain more knowledge of the game.

Im here to help if you need more info.
I've made 24 characters on xbox one starting at harbinger league. Defense stats vary greatly in terms of how well you will be protected. I would recommend you look at this:

Watch "Brief Armour Mitigation Explanation - Flat VS Percentage / ES VS Life - Demi 'Splains" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/ppqfm3MUq7g

Sometimes you just need to know boss mechanics. My least favorite was doedre in the saggy titty old fat hag form. 1 shotted me with those red ball projectiles across so many of my builds.
I did my first 2 characters on xbox this league, summoner and now ranger.

Summoner was ... well, you just awoided bad stuff and your minions killed everything.

Ranger was fast as hell up until act 9 when i was still running on lvl20 leveling uniques.

Kitava killed me like 10 times but i knew he would.

I really cant stress enough how important it is to start off by searching for a well known cheap easy and simple build.
DO NOT try to make your own build from the get go.

Forums are flooded with league starter builds that go trough every single skillpoint, skillgem and gear you need and at what point.

One thing i see the most is players picking a "cool" streamer build and then face a brickwall when some key items cost +5ex.. or even far beyond that.
Then they start complaining since they cant do maps higher than t3.
I too do have problems with the bosses. And the reason for sure is that my build isn‘t good enough. But I can also tell you why this is the case, it’s because there is no chance to train, because one like me 1-shots everything except bosses when coming to a certin act. In my case the problems started to surface in act 4. This wouldn‘t be such a problem if one could experiment with the skill tree and switch things around to see if that works better. But as it is you can‘t do that and the regular mobs are no indicator for that you might went wrong on the tree.

P.S. Hey GGG please let us link our XBox accounts and characters!
Last edited by Ughduty on May 1, 2018, 5:06:27 AM
The amount of badness in this thread is staggering.

Try looking at one of the many posted melee builds and see where you’re going wrong. Campaign bosses are trivial even with garbage gear. Your life at 5k is more than enough for the entire campaign. I usually hit 4.2k by the END of act 10 on a melee build. Ran 5 characters of varying builds through the campaign on HC with no deaths in campaign this league. Top character reached 92 (ranger) with 138/157 maps with bonus completion.
Xbox Player
Last edited by timothymkane on May 2, 2018, 5:41:45 PM
Its simple if you know how Melee builds work they are op if you dont understand their mechanics they are not.
Bosses ruining your game?
Seeing some Bosses are quite hard to go through, and I too may perish quite a few times before I may do them. Some Bosses whack me with 3 to 5-6 hits, and then I pretty much is blark & splat. Lol. Unless I begin running around trying to avoid it for a small amount of time. That just might be enough.
Sometimes it´s just better to wait with that specific Boss perhaps 1 Level, and quite simply go back to Town and start viewing your equipped Weapons and Armour, it will actually makes some Bosses "easier". But what kind of Resistances are you having? 50% Cold, 75% Lightning, 37% Fire, and may even you may have only, let´s say 12% against Chaos Damage (This is ONLY meant as an example). It sure will make your life harder if some of those Bosses are making a pure attack of may Fire or Chaos Damage on you. Or some of Boss attacks may be converted into X% of pure Chaos Damage against you.
In some cases it might even help you having a look on your Skill Tree and may find out what next you should probably go for instead of the one you wanted back those 5-8 Levels ago. Maybe that Skill that gives you 12% Elemental Resistances is actually better to go for instead of that one who gives your Weapon Damage 18% more Physical Damage and converts 25% of your Base Damage into Lightning or something.

But no matter what: All Bosses aren´t supposed to be easy.
"
Kundarin wrote:
Bosses ruining your game?
Seeing some Bosses are quite hard to go through, and I too may perish quite a few times before I may do them. Some Bosses whack me with 3 to 5-6 hits, and then I pretty much is blark & splat. Lol. Unless I begin running around trying to avoid it for a small amount of time. That just might be enough.
Sometimes it´s just better to wait with that specific Boss perhaps 1 Level, and quite simply go back to Town and start viewing your equipped Weapons and Armour, it will actually makes some Bosses "easier". But what kind of Resistances are you having? 50% Cold, 75% Lightning, 37% Fire, and may even you may have only, let´s say 12% against Chaos Damage (This is ONLY meant as an example). It sure will make your life harder if some of those Bosses are making a pure attack of may Fire or Chaos Damage on you. Or some of Boss attacks may be converted into X% of pure Chaos Damage against you.
In some cases it might even help you having a look on your Skill Tree and may find out what next you should probably go for instead of the one you wanted back those 5-8 Levels ago. Maybe that Skill that gives you 12% Elemental Resistances is actually better to go for instead of that one who gives your Weapon Damage 18% more Physical Damage and converts 25% of your Base Damage into Lightning or something.

But no matter what: All Bosses aren´t supposed to be easy.

It was a figure of speech, but I appreciate you taking the time to articulate a helpful reply, thank you :)

My only real problem with this game is all the subtle nuances with game mechanics. So much stuff to keep track of. I have a lot of trouble with this game towards act 4. I have so much experience with ARPGs but this game is not kind to me lol . For instance I don't understand the critical hit chance. I got gear, multiple gear with like %20 chance to crit, yet my actual crit chance is %15 even though I added up all the gear with CC and it was like %120 or something. Maybe someone can explain it in a easy to understand fashion for us simple folks.

I love this game quite a bit but the end game is very cut throat. It feels like there is zero tolerance for mistakes once you get in the high tiers. That's fine I get how the end game should be challenging but I have made at least 6 characters with a average level of 75 and I just get worked. I have all my resistances capped. My health on my current character is somewhere around 2k IIRC. Yet I get stomped ,hard! I wish there was a easier way to keep track of everything ,because admit it, this game is pretty detailed in terms of mechanics and stats. There is just so much to keep track of and so many ways to wingclip your build by the time you find out you have made mistakes you have already spent 20hours on the character.

I hope all that made sense.So, a TL:DR version ;

1 - How does crit chance work, IE why does my CC gear total a higher number than my actual chance to crit ?

2 - How do I maintain proper DPS all while having the damage mitigation to survive high tier maps.

3 - Why does Kitava send me hate mail ?
Last edited by decrepit_birth on May 3, 2018, 3:13:00 PM
I think the bosses are too easy. Theres not enough consequence for death in this game in general, but its especially apparent on the bosses. You die because the damage margins are high, but you can just spawn outside the door with the respaen at checkpoint option. And the bosses health nor the level resets. So theres literally no motivation to even use that many potions. Just do a bit of damage die, run back in rinse and repeat until the boss inevitability dies and move on.

Anyone feel similar, or is this just me here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info