Bosses ruin the game for me personally. ( XBOX )

You must have super low dps if you managed to die 23 times with 5k health on the the moon and sun boss.
Better expect to die 73 times on kitava "act 10" 🙂
Some valid points but some are probably not.

During BETA - I died on bosses more times than I hit them. That was me just loling through the game and enjoying it.
On Open, I thought about what I was doing -never died until Kitava, and even that was a mistake.
As a Duelist sword and board Cyclone & Lacerate - I facerolled Solaris & Lunaris.
The difference was style of play - I was less gung ho.

On a side note, Kitava Act 10 was a pain in the nutsack---I couldn't anticipate his AOE fire , it seemed that he was off screen when starting to perform it...so quite often I would run right into it.
Still very enjoyable.
XBOX ONE
1) Do normal lab, if you have not already, & take pain reaver keynode.
That should solve mana/life recovery for you. Lide recovery is as import as max life in PoE (& most ARPG)

2) Have a movement skill, I suggest Shield charge (first choice due to stun), or whirling blade

Use one if these combo

3-link
Shield charge->faster attack->Fortify or
Shield charge->Fortify->Blood magic

4-link
Shield charge->faster attack->Fortify->Blood magic

*Blood magic if you lack mana regen, otherwise you can switch it to something else)
*Fortify increase your defence against phy damage. Physical damage is most common damage type.
what skill are you using

some melee skills are fine sunder, EQ

but the namelock melee skills are really bad
I dont see any any key!
yea your build is off if you build your char right you can stand there with multistrike double strike w strong leech and never drop below 100% hp.

really need to go with a

Leap slam - Fortify / Endurance charge on mele stun / Faster attack

Cast on Damage Taken - Immortal call / Molten shell / Chaos Golem<or>Vortex

optional is Arctic Armour if you can fit it and have enough mana pool but i wouldnt take it over hatred or ash aura's

stack as much HP as you can as well builds for pure mele need around like 5-6k with a lot of mele phys reduction and capped res's and a ring to reduce melee reflection

now stop whining on the forums and go not fail
Last edited by ferrell07 on Sep 8, 2017, 10:56:15 AM
I think OP's point is that boss fights are extreme spikes in difficulty if you've never faced them before. I died about 6 times to the stomach boss last night after not having died before that. I killed him but still have no idea what his mechanics are besides his occasionally kicking my ass.

I think his second point is if a boss is going to be that hard, maybe he should be likely to drop worthwhile stuff.

Well, the fact is that there are bosses that don't qualify for pleasure tax when run as a melee, being either a newer player or having to work with mediocre gear.

Some bosses will either squash a melee (see above) one-hit, or constantly dump some DoT effects on the ground that require you to either run from him (no damage) or towards him (ugly death by one-hit).

I've been playing for a bit, on and off, and consider myself anything but a good player - yet I can tell when one class (or rather build) is just laughing at a boss while another one just hopes that after next revival it will be reborn as something different.

XBox xontrol do add some issues, but still, that highly depends on build and gear.
other than build issues which people have given suggestions, let me add just one thing

this game is not only about gear and levels. it's about skill playing the game, know when to attack when to retreat, read the animations to dodge spells/hits.

kitava's fire will kill you in 5 seconds even if you have an uncapped fire resistance and 7k life. map bosses will 1 shot kill you with 10k+ life... so your only choice is to NOT GET HIT...

people underestimate the value of mobility skills. max out cast speed on whirling blades or flame dash (there are others) get some +20% movement speed boots or use flasks Whatever... you need mobility.

regardless of your build and gear bosses can and will 1 shot you.

basically putting this as generic as possible

"don't stand in the fire"
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
ecruz26 wrote:
Maybe you can actually post your build/gear so experienced players can tell you where you went wrong because I'm pretty sure a melee lifesteal build is the easiest thing to lvl with currently.

This. I just played through the entire story and started maps with my Reave Gladiator who has been equipped in trash gear the entire time and have had no problems with any of the content (and it only has .40% lifesteal) so if someone is having issues then it's 100% on them.

Thanks everyone for your tips and advice, I've already made some changes based on what some of you guys have said and already can tell the difference, Also I was wrong about my total health, it was lightly over 3 k not 5k.
Psalms of Moribund
"
SqualZell wrote:
"don't stand in the fire"

Aside from all of the lovely tips which people have graciously provided here, this quote is really what it comes down to. You die and you learn or you die 'til you learn.
(Just Another Filthy XBox Casual)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info