We have less than 10 years to live.

>Artificial intelligence will wipe us out like Terminator?
We have no 'AI' just some shitty algorithms, we are further away from such a scenario than one may believe. Right now AI is indeed very primitive, bio computers sound interesting.

>Global warming like this guys says?
Won't kill us while a huge average rise of temperature would have catastrophic effects it is still far from enough to kill us.

>Mineral resource exhaustion aka "peak oil"?
As if that would kill us and Nuclear tech is advancing fast and so is alternative energy tech.
A chemistry prof told me a decade ago that lack of *fuel* would be bad but that is far away in the future, as long as we can turn something into energy we will be fine.

>Nuclear Armageddon with Russia/China?
Not gonna happen and why just Russia and China? I doubt we gonna go extinct if half even half a continent gets the nuclear winter.

>Asteroid impact?
Possible I guess? Probably not gonna happen (what an argument on my side lel).

>Extraterrestrial invasion?
Yeah, nah, while the chance is high that somewhere in our huge universe other intelligent species life exist(s)...

>Geomagnetic reversal?
Now this could be bad. If this causes enough radiation to rain down on us we could be **ed.

>Global pandemic?
Possible but not gonna happen. Quite an argument on my side, eh?

>ISIS takes over the world or other genocides?
Won't take over the world and some local genocides won't kill us all.
Love and peace. My bet is on the magnetic reversal causing (huge!) problems but nothing will wipe us out.

Hyper Novae anyone? lel Probably not gonna kill is either but just something to add to the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Earth
As I thought or rather remembered: Once the sun goes into red giant phase in several billion years the earth or at least life on it is gonna get rekt.

Edit: The link is interesting and related to the thread. So again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Earth
Last edited by BlueMonday on Sep 25, 2017, 7:05:41 AM
The biggest existential threats are indeed nuclear weapons and climate change. I do not beleive we are gonna go exinct anywhere near the next century. When the shit hits the fan people tend to wake up.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Honestly... I don't have any idea. However, if I had to pick the way I would want it to end? HAS to be alien invasion.

I want to see some cool shit and go out fighting. Fuck an astroid that gives us no chance. Fuck the slow and excruciating torture resource battles would create.

Let the aliens come.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info