We have less than 10 years to live.

"
An asteroid impact most likely. The scariest part is that we probably won't even know that it's coming until it hits us.

How do you imagine we'd miss something big enough to wipe us out? We see comets all the time, ones that are much further away than this one must be.

We still have Ben Affleck and his plucky drill crew. We'd be fine.
"
An asteroid impact most likely. The scariest part is that we probably won't even know that it's coming until it hits us.

Friday, April 13th 2036, somewhere along this path ...

Spoiler
Obviously not as spooky a threat as it was before scientists ruled out (supposedly) the 2029 keyhole trajectory. To get the spooky factor back, you have to add an extra layer of conspiracy: When you factor in the 10 days that were dropped in the adoption of the Gregorian Calenday, Apophis' 2036 closest approach to Earth could be exactly 2000 years to the day of the Crucifixion (depending on whose date calculation you use) Following that line of further yields that the impact should be at 6pm GMT.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 11, 2017, 10:18:53 AM
"
casper0010 wrote:
How do you imagine we'd miss something big enough to wipe us out? We see comets all the time, ones that are much further away than this one must be.

Objects in space can go really, really fast and there's a lot of visible space to try and observe off of a sphere.

For reference, when there was that flyby past Mars (in 2014), we had a 22-month heads up. That's better than most, but that would have been not a whole lot of time to come up with the technology to deflect an asteroid, sending something out to meet it (with an ideal launching window), and successfully deflecting it early enough to let it miss us.

That being said, I still have my money on something beneath the stars. Angry monkeys with really big sticks.
Western Europe is currently facing a pseudo-hidden Islamic invasion. They must choose between political correctness and saving what's left of their civilization. Only God knows what's actually going to happen, but in 10-20 years all those Muslim babies being born now will be of fighting age, and that's when things will really get interesting.

Read Douglas Murray's book, The Strange Death of Europe.

The black flag of the Islamic State will fly over London eventually unless European men wake the hell up.

By the way, Poland is woke af: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLz4PFv0KLU
Last edited by natefactor07 on Sep 17, 2017, 8:26:27 AM
"
When it comes to the end of the world in the next 10 years I make my bet for Cthulhu the great old one.

Cthulhu will awake in sunken R’lyeh, soon conquer the earth with an army of rainbow unicorns and will then invent the best action rpg ever made in aeons. This game is so good that it shakes the foundation and atomic structure of the universe, which leads to a gigantic black hole to suck in all the matter.

Till this will happen I will playing POE and enjoy every day :-)

Possibly closer to the end than you think.

Remember The Matrix?

Provide a sufficiently engaging virtual reality, and almost everybody will sink into it, never to arise again. Proof? The amount of time I spend playing Skyrim. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
There will eventually be a breaking point before isis is able to take over, hopefully.
Top 3 for my lifetime seem to be AI, Nuclear holocaust, or a resurgent and nuclear-armed Islamic Caliphate.
My dream is to be stabbed to death by a robot. Hope to live to see that dream come to life.
"
ironstove wrote:
Hope to live to see that dream come to life.

Hehehe.

Btw, global pandemic or nuclear thing are the things for me.
But less than 10 years? No way. We have way more than that.
Last edited by FedeS on Sep 25, 2017, 2:38:32 AM
"
FedeS wrote:

Hehehe.

Btw, global pandemic or nuclear thing are the things for me.
But less than 10 years? No way. We have way more than that.

Watch the last half of this vid from 3 years ago: https://youtu.be/t4kyRyKyOpo
General AI is already here. It only lacks agency... which is a much more simple problem than what has already been accomplished.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info