[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

I am trying to not use duplicate skills on any characters. Do you think this might be viable with aoe spells like ice nova and vortex with a different attack like ice crash?
Loreweave might be a good addition to this build. Gets your max res up to 80% (huge defense buff) and adds about 10% extra dps for each skill. But on my build I lose some hp, from 6100 to 5600. Don't really know how to calculate if the extra 5% to max res is worth the -500hp. All the streamers and top players always rant about how important getting extra max res is and that's for +1 max res, not +5. Would love some input on this subject?!
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
I am trying to not use duplicate skills on any characters. Do you think this might be viable with aoe spells like ice nova and vortex with a different attack like ice crash?

Tried putting this skills into Path of Building and see how much the damage per hit difference would be. Also did take away all the extra jewels and other gear that only benefits those specific spells for a more exact calculation.

After taking away extra damage jewels and others:

Frostbolt: 107k per hit
Freezing pulse: 92k per hit

Vortex: 60k per hit
Ice Crash: 20k per hit
Ice Nova: 60k per hit

As we can see it a big difference. Don't think that I missed anything that might have buffed the old gems more than the new ones. Something that might be taken into consideration is the skills themselves and how they "improve quality of life", "survivability" or other factors. But the damage has such a huge gap between them so I doubt that it will boost this build.

Edit. "40% more Damage when Cast on Frostbolt" and exploding frostbolt is the modifiers on Vortex and Ice Nova. Have no idea how this whole interaction with this skills and frostbolt works (might be a huge buff at the end). Plus the vortex damage over time would be great for bosses. Have no time right now to look into it. Would love if someone could clarify to me how it works and the benefits would be.
Last edited by Nordatheman on May 26, 2018, 2:22:02 AM
No changes to play in 3.3?
"
Alkatraz_BR wrote:

Some buffs that I could find for this build:

Freezing Pulse
-Now deals 7-11 cold damage at gem level 1, up to 798-1197 cold damage at gem level 20 (up from 689-1034).
-The projectile now moves more quickly at the start and slowly decelerates.
-The damage now drops to 50% at maximum distance (up from 0%).

Hypothermia Support
-Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.
-Now supports skills which deal damage over time.

Passive tree
-Heart of Ice (guess where!) now causes damage to penetrate 6% cold resistance (up from 3%). The passives leading to it now grant a total of 57% increased cold damage (up from 48%).
-Breath of Rime (Near the Duelist. Kidding! It's next to Heart of Ice) now grants 20% increased cold damage (up from 12%). The three passives leading to it now each grant 10% increased cold damage (up from 8%).

We might also consider switching in some other cold skills that got buffed, but it's going to need some testing before that's final (cold snap, elemental hit, vortex). Vaal skill might also help us kill uber elder with this build:)
So we still gucci with this build?

Freezing pulse is very thin now :/, makes the build a bit more unreliable when clearing, but probably helps bossing
Last edited by Velictus on Jun 2, 2018, 4:13:46 PM
Any updated version to this build?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Hello, love the build, i added in a Frost Bomb linked with Inc Duration and Arcane Surge. Adds a bit of extra dmg for single target.
Last edited by Metallicalf on Jun 11, 2018, 2:29:11 PM
Hm... Seems like you use Vaal Pact for fast leech? Cause i'd copyed all what in that build and leech not enough for sustain big hits. And since Vaal Pact so far in skill tree, what to do? Use Acuity or try to get Vall Pact in tree?
"
Nordatheman wrote:
"
Alkatraz_BR wrote:

Some buffs that I could find for this build:

Freezing Pulse
-Now deals 7-11 cold damage at gem level 1, up to 798-1197 cold damage at gem level 20 (up from 689-1034).
-The projectile now moves more quickly at the start and slowly decelerates.
-The damage now drops to 50% at maximum distance (up from 0%).

Hypothermia Support
-Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.
-Now supports skills which deal damage over time.

Passive tree
-Heart of Ice (guess where!) now causes damage to penetrate 6% cold resistance (up from 3%). The passives leading to it now grant a total of 57% increased cold damage (up from 48%).
-Breath of Rime (Near the Duelist. Kidding! It's next to Heart of Ice) now grants 20% increased cold damage (up from 12%). The three passives leading to it now each grant 10% increased cold damage (up from 8%).

We might also consider switching in some other cold skills that got buffed, but it's going to need some testing before that's final (cold snap, elemental hit, vortex). Vaal skill might also help us kill uber elder with this build:)

Im very interested in this build, but im wondering where you would get the skillpoint for heart of ice, what would you change in the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info