[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
victortkc wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
casper0010 wrote:
Any thoughts on Tukohama's Fortress?

Would another totem be worth the spellpower/other stats loss compared to a spirit shield? Could we make blood magic work?

Maybe that's too far removed from the intent of this build, just something I was looking at.

I already thought of Tukohama's and it seemed really good at the first glance. The damage would be a bit higher than with a spirit shield and the hp is obviously nice, too.

What killed it for me was the Blood Magic line. You'd have to drop the Haste aura and lose the bonus form the Guardian ascendancy, unless you'd be reserving life with a Clarity aura.
Then again, Clarity sucks with Tukohama because you can't use MoM without mana.

In the end, you could get a rare shield that costs as much as Tukohama and it would be way better.

You can use a level 1 Clarity that reserved almost no HP with blood magic to get the guardian's passive. But Tukohama is so damn bloody expensive..........

I know. Even then it's still kind of "meh" for the reasons above. Another thing I forgot to mention is that you can't trigger Arcane Surge with Blood Magic.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 14, 2017, 1:00:40 PM
Saw your FAQ about MoM. Playing MoM and it feels abit clunky only on no regen, on other maps its all smooth(85lvl now with 5.5k hp and 1.6k unreserved mp). And on 90lvl i'll have 6k hp and 2k unreserved mp (with clarity aura on) so its like 7.8k ehp. And 770 ES, so its more like 8.5k ehp.

And another thing about those temp chains corrupt gloves, they also increase wither duration so its kinda both offensive and defensive curse for boss fights. And saw some reddit posts that say gloves corrupt curse goes in play before dmg from hit.

Also, i'll try to get dagger with +ice dmg to spells and check how does it work on bosses, if it'll be enaugh to chill bosses and see their speed with chill+tc+wither.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Sep 14, 2017, 9:28:13 PM
Will Assassin mark work here?
Totems should share charges with my character

What abou vaal skeletons?
Last edited by Inferius90 on Sep 15, 2017, 4:57:53 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:

Where would you put them? With Kaom's roots you only have a 6, two 4's and two 3's, all of which are taken by the main skills.
"
casper0010 wrote:
"
Inferius90 wrote:

Where would you put them? With Kaom's roots you only have a 6, two 4's and two 3's, all of which are taken by the main skills.

I dont need Flame Dash and I can cast golem myself
"
Inferius90 wrote:

Totems won't share the charges because they are not considered party members.

Vaal Skeletons is kind of a hipster thing to use. It's pretty cool but worse in every way than just letting the totems cast. They can also distract bosses.

"
za6i9ka wrote:
Saw your FAQ about MoM. Playing MoM and it feels abit clunky only on no regen, on other maps its all smooth(85lvl now with 5.5k hp and 1.6k unreserved mp). And on 90lvl i'll have 6k hp and 2k unreserved mp (with clarity aura on) so its like 7.8k ehp. And 770 ES, so its more like 8.5k ehp.

And another thing about those temp chains corrupt gloves, they also increase wither duration so its kinda both offensive and defensive curse for boss fights. And saw some reddit posts that say gloves corrupt curse goes in play before dmg from hit.

Also, i'll try to get dagger with +ice dmg to spells and check how does it work on bosses, if it'll be enaugh to chill bosses and see their speed with chill+tc+wither.

I can't argue that MoM is better in terms of EHP. It just screwed me over several times in T16 Bossfights so I decided to ditch it. Life is safe enough for SC.

So I did some testing with the curses.

My first test was the order for applied curses. Since curses get overwritten when your limit is exceeded you'll always see the curse that is applied last.

So I grabbed these and attacked some enemies with an Ice Nova - CoH - Walords Mark. The curse that got applied is Elemental Weakness, so that means the corruption is applied after CoH setups (which are applied after a hit).

Then I went into the Ship Graveyard with my RT Slayer (to make sure I don't crit) and casted a level 1 Ice Nova (damage randomized from 20 to 28 in my char) on several spectral corsairs and recorded the lowest HP I got them to. They do not regenerate their HP.

Here's without Elemental Weakness:

With a level 11 Elemental Weakness Gem:

And finally, with the Corruption:

So, a you cen see, the Curse is applied after the hit. Anyway, it shouldn't matter that much.

Bosses will get chilled for sure with ne new mechanics from 3.0. The question is how strong it will be. It's possible to calculate this but I don't think it's worth it in the end.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Temporal Chains is pretty good. I considered using it over Enfeeble because it doesn't benefit us that much anyway (can't evade, Pantheon gives nearly critimmunity). It's probably on the same level but in the end I went with Enfeeble literally only because I like the damage reduction more.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 15, 2017, 5:58:22 AM
The fuck? Why my damage is insane low?

I have pretty good dagger and 6link.
Path of building says I do only 25k dmg per totem lol.
Dying at T5 boss. He dies too slow and I get 2 shot
"
Inferius90 wrote:
The fuck? Why my damage is insane low?

I have pretty good dagger and 6link.
Path of building says I do only 25k dmg per totem lol.
Dying at T5 boss. He dies too slow and I get 2 shot

The Wither/Arcane Surge setup is really important for single target damage, the merc/uber ascendancy aswell.
Enchanted boots give another 10% damage; jewels are pretty nice if you can afford them, too.
You're underleveled and so are your Gems.
Those are the most important things I could find.

Try MoM if you feel too squishy, but in general you want to avoid damage instead of tanking it on this build.

On a side node, I'm impressed by how many people here have 6link Soul Mantles lol.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 15, 2017, 8:40:47 AM
I have played a lot of builds but none of them was so bad at this stage as 6link
Last edited by Inferius90 on Sep 15, 2017, 8:45:43 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
I have played a lot of builds but none of them was so bad at this stage as 6link

This build is crit and spell based, so the damage stacks up a lot the higher your character levels.

For now, Wither + Surge should triple your damage in a best-case scenario. You might want to compare your character to others in this thread.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info