[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

I am really satisfied with this build but I only have one problem, and that is the movement of this character is very clunky even with whirling blades. Given with our slow attack speed, whirling blade does not move fast and there is much delay in between those animation. This caused me a few deaths. Also with the super slow base movement speed is making minor movement to dodge stuff feels very very stiff. Is there any other boots or better options to overcome this issue?
Last edited by victortkc on Sep 13, 2017, 1:01:34 PM
"
victortkc wrote:
I am really satisfied with this build but I only have one problem, and that is the movement of this character is very clunky even with whirling blades. Given with our slow attack speed, whirling blade does not move fast and there is much delay in between those animation. This caused me a few deaths. Also with the super slow base movement speed is making minor movement to dodge stuff feels very very stiff. Is there any other boots or better options to overcome this issue?

If you don't want to use Kaom's, use rare boots with life/resists and movement speed, also consider a quicksilver flask of adrenaline.
The attack speed is actually pretty high with Haste and an attack speed dagger is a great QoL feature. The trick with Whirling Blades is to aim it close to your character so the animation is shorter.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Soooo I was thinking of Hierophant.
I did the math, with 20% curse effectiveness, the negative effects are laughable.
What do you think?

POB Link
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Sep 13, 2017, 5:04:45 PM
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
Soooo I was thinking of Hierophant.
I did the math, with 20% curse effectiveness, the negative effects are laughable.
What do you think?

POB Link

I wouldn't recommend Hierophant for Soul Mantle because of the damage penalty from Ritual of Awakening. Four totems is already barely better than three, but five is just killing it.

If you want to go with Hierophant, there is a non Soul-Mantle version on the Templar forums.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
I wouldn't recommend Hierophant for Soul Mantle because of the damage penalty from Ritual of Awakening. Four totems is already barely better than three, but five is just killing it.

If you want to go with Hierophant, there is a non Soul-Mantle version on the Templar forums.

I was wondering if there was a viable 1st char DP Totem build; I think non-mantle Templar would be the way to go. How does the damage compare between the two?
All that and a bag of chips!
Hierophant is shit
4 totems -28% dmg
4*72%=288%
Scion 3 totems with mantle 300%
"
Mooginator wrote:
I was wondering if there was a viable 1st char DP Totem build; I think non-mantle Templar would be the way to go. How does the damage compare between the two?

In my very biased opinion, the damage isn't even comparable. Soul Mantle is insane, especially with Dark Pact.

This is a very good first character (unless you're ssf) btw. All uniques cost about 1 alc even at the start of a league.
This was the character I started Harbinger with.
Builds and Guides:
Any thoughts on Tukohama's Fortress?

Would another totem be worth the spellpower/other stats loss compared to a spirit shield? Could we make blood magic work?

Maybe that's too far removed from the intent of this build, just something I was looking at.
Last edited by casper0010 on Sep 14, 2017, 10:31:12 AM
"
casper0010 wrote:

Would another totem be worth the spellpower/other stats loss compared to a spirit shield? Could we make blood magic work?

Maybe that's too far removed from the intent of this build, just something I was looking at.

I already thought of Tukohama's and it seemed really good at the first glance. The damage would be a bit higher than with a spirit shield and the hp is obviously nice, too.

What killed it for me was the Blood Magic line. You'd have to drop the Haste aura and lose the bonus form the Guardian ascendancy, unless you'd be reserving life with a Clarity aura.
Then again, Clarity sucks with Tukohama because you can't use MoM without mana.

In the end, you could get a rare shield that costs as much as Tukohama and it would be way better.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
casper0010 wrote:

I already thought of Tukohama's and it seemed really good at the first glance. The damage would be a bit higher than with a spirit shield and the hp is obviously nice, too.

What killed it for me was the Blood Magic line. You'd have to drop the Haste aura and lose the bonus form the Guardian ascendancy, unless you'd be reserving life with a Clarity aura.
Then again, Clarity sucks with Tukohama because you can't use MoM without mana.

In the end, you could get a rare shield that costs as much as Tukohama and it would be way better.

You can use a level 1 Clarity that reserved almost no HP with blood magic to get the guardian's passive. But Tukohama is so damn bloody expensive..........

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info