[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Regretful89 wrote:

"
Regretful89 wrote:
Is there a reason you are using increased critical strikes instead of faster casting on the totem links?
Crit Strikes is better/more reliable most of the time.

Crit Damage or Faster Casting can be better depending on the state of your character (PoB can tell you). If that's the case, you can swap the Gems of course.

According to your pob link your build gets about +4.2% (+23600) added DPS by switching to Faster Casting.

Im just curious if there is a mechanic / reason other than the increased DPS?

If you turn off the diamond flask, crit will be stronger. The power of the gem depends on how much crit chance/multiplier you already have, that's why I can't strictly say one gem is better for the 6-link than the other, but the best 3 gems are always Faster Casting, Crit Strikes or Crit Multi.

If the damage is close to each other (within ~5%), I recommend crit over cast speed for the following reasons:

1) A crit does ~4x the damage of a noncrit. If you want to kill packs as fast as possible you want to
oneshot them with a crit (you also get a crit multi bonus from Assassin for targets at full life).
Therefore a higher crit chance makes clearing more reliable.
2) Cast speed makes your totems die a bit faster. This is mostly unnoticeable because they tend to get
replaced pretty fast, but it will make a difference if you're also casting Wither.

Thank you very much, i am satisfied :)
"
ASaltyDoge wrote:
1 question though, could lightpoacher great crown be viable for this build?
It wouldn't work because your totems get the charges from killing (I assume they also have a charge limit of 0).
There is a way to get the kills instead of the totems (Southbound + DoT), but then there is Ancestral Bond which makes Spirit Burst deal no damage anyway.

If it's just about the stats - I'd say a rare helmet is better.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Switched to power charge version and I don't like it. Damage is great, but survivability and speed went down significantly. Don't want to lose this damage, but I think I'll have to go back.

Edit: went back to Kaom's. Lost Lightning Golem and DPS, but life and stun immunity is worth it.
Last edited by Razunter on Jan 8, 2018, 11:53:55 AM
Hey there,

Great guide. I've been using it to a fault other than one adjustment I made, however I'm wondering if it was worth it. Rather than arcane surge and increased duration, I have my wither linked with faster cast speed, cast on channeling support, and Despair. Seems to work well but I'm wondering if I'm gimping myself. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Extradus
What are your (or others') thoughts on using Despair + Blasphemy + the new chaos Impresence amulet?
"
Extradus wrote:
Hey there,

Great guide. I've been using it to a fault other than one adjustment I made, however I'm wondering if it was worth it. Rather than arcane surge and increased duration, I have my wither linked with faster cast speed, cast on channeling support, and Despair. Seems to work well but I'm wondering if I'm gimping myself. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Extradus
Arcane Surge is better than Despair most of the time because it's not a curse, which makes it more reliable. I would not recommend that setup unless you have another way to get Arcane Surge.

Also Increased Duration should be a better link than Faster Casting for you, it makes both Wither and Despair last longer.
"
Aquadrizzt wrote:

What are your (or others') thoughts on using Despair + Blasphemy + the new chaos Impresence amulet?
You'd be giving up on a rare amulet which can give a lot of damage (15%+ if it's good).
The added damage isn't nearly enough to make up for it and you wouldn't gain Maddening Presence because of totems.

You need to make very good use of the curse for it to be worth it. I'd say it's a nice option if you're using the Occultist ascendancy because you get a reliable curse (that can be linked to inc. aoe) that doesn't reduce your mana with MoM.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jan 9, 2018, 9:15:43 AM
I searched the thread, couldn't find any question about this; would an Empower level 4 be a good replacement for critical strikes once you get high enough crit with other items? I know this is a "cheap, beginner-friendly" build, but I've got currency to burn.
"
Rockadilleo wrote:
I searched the thread, couldn't find any question about this; would an Empower level 4 be a good replacement for critical strikes once you get high enough crit with other items? I know this is a "cheap, beginner-friendly" build, but I've got currency to burn.
Dark Pact doesn't scale as well as other spells with gem levels sadly.
You'd need a +1 Soul Mantle and lvl 4. Empower for it to be even with other support gems.
Builds and Guides:
I took Assasain. Says 20% chance to get a power charge on hit. I don't get any power charges? Because the totems kill for me?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info