[3.0 HC] Crit Inquisitor Glacial Cascade Totems Life/MoM Based

Hi,

I'll try to keep this as short as possible without some 300 billion PoB clickbait and a big pro/con list. It's a totem build that freezes stuff. First the basics and then some comments on the build. This is from a SSF HC perspective.

Tree, Items, Links and stuff

Account: Accout link

PoB : https://pastebin.com/fya7AeRB

Tree: poeurl.com/bwQe - Remove jewels or life nodes for a level 90 tree

Pantheon: Soul of Solaris and Soul of Abberath. They all pretty much suck. Abberath is cool so the fire degen doesn't fuck up your mana. Solaris for the less area damage mostly.

Ascendancy: No brainer ... Virtue > Providence > Judgement > Penitence

Bandits: Help Alira

6l: GC - Spell Totem - Inc Crit - Phys to light - Inc AoE - Contr Destr

4l: Arcane Surge(6) - Vaal Haste - Inc Duration - Immortal Call

4l: Orb of Storm - CoH - Ass Mark - PoC

4l: Shield Charge - FA - Fortify - PoC

3l: CWD - Light Golem - Immortal Call

3l: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Enduring Cry

1l: Hatred

Weapon: Brightbeak - you don't need more damage

Chest: Carc Jack if you want the 31 radius breakpoint. You can take whatever, just make sure to check your radius in PoB so you don't waste nodes

Gloves: Wyrmsign - for Rampage

Boots: Rare - Life, Mana, MS

Shield: Rare - Spell Crit, Spell Damage, Life, Mana

Ring 1: Essence Wyrm - effective give or take 1.5k hp

Ring 2: Rare - Life Mana and whatever offensive stat you can fit. Mana regen doesn't hurt here.

Amulet: Bisco or Rare - Same. Crit multi, Crit chance, Life , Mana

Belt: Life, flask stuff

Seething Divine Flask of Staunching

Curse Basalt - reduced charges because I use them far too often

Atziri's Promise - 30 % more damage. You should kill Atziri once you get level 19 gems.

Adrenaline Silver - reduced charges because I use them far too often

Freeze Diamond - Ireduced charges because I use them far too often

Spire of Stone jewel - not necessary but I really like it. You have enough damage regardless and it's some QoL.

Clear Mind - see below

Other jewels - whatever you like. Attack speed, life, crit multi and so on.

Rampage

You start your Rampage by reaching 3 endurance charges once. You don't need the number to show in the top left corner. A cycle of placing totems > Enduring Cry followed by an instant Immortal Call is enough to get it going.

Arcane Surge

Arcane Surge is buffed by Immortal Call buff duration. Using IC with three charges = 25 second Arcane Surge

Mana
I chose to not run Clarity. It's a trade off. I would reserve around 400 mana/life for regen.

Regen is a problem in only very few situations: Desecrated ground, if you get sloppy with Arcane Surge or are placing too many totems. I'm often guilty of the latter two ... but what can you do.

This also allows me to run Clear Mind. It's not better than a good 4 prop jewel, no - but I simply don't have those. Clear Mind is a great alternative.

If you want to run Clarity take it for Faster Casting instead.

Atlas

My Atlas

All t1-t9, Dunes, no t11, Ashen, Shore and Bog

For exp it's: Shore with 1y/1r sextant > Dunes with 2w sextants > Bog > Dunes > Ashen

Do. Not. Run. Racecourse. Unless it's for items and maps. Dunes is a billion times better if you clear somewhat fast.

Don't unlock any T15 or Guardians if you want t13s from Beachhead.

Atziri
I killed her when my gems were 19. You can probably already faceroll her with lvl 18 gems. Tooltip was around 20k. Just place totems and stuff dies. Place totems in a far corner on Atziri herself so they don't die to the mirror clone.

Shaper
I haven't done him, but pretty sure it's possible. If you have killed him in the past with Warchief there's not much different here.

I farmed Chimera and Minotaur on white maps for their items without any problems.

Hydra is a skill check regardless of your build.

Phoenix I imagine to be quite painful because of the adds. It really fucks up the targeting of your totems.

Again, it's not much different from Warchief totems. You have to dodge and can't facetank.

I'll for sure try it with this character once the league is over.

Last edited by Realyn on Sep 27, 2017, 3:03:46 PM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2017, 2:27:43 PM
Went over it and prety much final now. Might add some leveling stuff later, but honestly there's not much too it. You can level with GC, FB or quite frankly whatever you want. The tree is pretty flexible with the 20 somewhat respec points you get.
Dear OP,

Thank you for this guild. I am relatively new to CG, but I am following this as my SSF char. However, could you please explain a little bit about the radius break point? I didnt find information about it on the web.

Regards,
Do you know how to use PoB?

Here's my understanding based on some testing I did(can't guarantee this to be 100% correct): A skill like Flameblast or Cleave will always get something out of another 8% inc area right? The circle will just get a tiny bit bigger. GC on the other hand has a fixed hitbox depending on your radius. So you would waste nodes unless you jump to 24 radius.

Again - just from personal testing. I tried to get as low as possible and then added single nodes. Couldn't tell a difference. Could also only be visual.
Last edited by Realyn on Sep 9, 2017, 11:07:15 PM
"
Realyn wrote:
Do you know how to use PoB?

Here's my understanding based on some testing I did(can't guarantee this to be 100% correct): A skill like Flameblast or Cleave will always get something out of another 8% inc area. The circle will get a little bit bigger. GC on the other hand has a fixed hitbox depending on your radius. So you would waste nodes unless you jump to 24 radius.

Thank you for the response. I do use POB. From your answers, I see 24, and 31 are two “break point” do you know other break points that could help us to decide the radius?

"

Thank you for the response. I do use POB. From your answers, I see 24, and 31 are two “break point” do you know other break points that could help us to decide the radius?

Not sure what you mean with those numbers. I used breakpoints as in enough inc aoe to go from 23 radius to 24 radius or from 15 to 16 for example.

As said before, I'm not 100% sure on this. Could be that inc aoe between those full numbers increases the circles from GC. The visual doesn't change in my expierence.
Last edited by Realyn on Sep 9, 2017, 11:14:43 PM
Thank you. I understand now.
How does this build benefit from Brightbeak since we are using a spell?
Last edited by dw4zemi3 on Sep 12, 2017, 2:05:50 PM
"
dw4zemi3 wrote:
How does this build benefit from Brightbeak since we are using a spell?

Mobility with Shield Charge. Those skills have a fixed base use time that's hugely affected by the local increased attack speed modifier on your weapon.
Last edited by Realyn on Sep 12, 2017, 4:16:54 PM
So this Arcane Surge thing confuses me, sometimes I cast IC and dont get the buff, what am I doing wrong with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info