[3.0 HC] Crit Inquisitor Glacial Cascade Totems Life/MoM Based

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
So this Arcane Surge thing confuses me, sometimes I cast IC and dont get the buff, what am I doing wrong with it?

I would guess you already have it somewhere in your buff bar and the duration of new buff would be lower because you had no charges.

edit: Actually, you leveled Arcane Surge too high. Look at the tooltip of it. IC's mana cost has to be lower to proc on each use.
Last edited by Realyn on Sep 18, 2017, 3:07:07 AM
Thanks for the guide!

Looking for some advice, swapping over to SSF and going to either start with SRS or your GC totems. Can't decide. Looks like you have experience with SRS too. Without any uniques, would you recommend one over another to start out with? Both builds are fun to play to me, so that's not a factor.

I'm leaning towards GC, your build is awesome, but I'm not sure with these uniques in play.
Last edited by NaeRo2 on Sep 19, 2017, 7:18:44 PM
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

Looking for some advice, swapping over to SSF and going to either start with SRS or your GC totems. Can't decide. Looks like you have experience with SRS too. Without any uniques, would you recommend one over another to start out with? Both builds are fun to play to me, so that's not a factor.

I'm leaning towards GC, your build is awesome, but I'm not sure with these uniques in play.

I'd pick (whatever kind of)totems as first char. It allows to loot a lot of stuff while they're killing stuff.

Uniques aren't terrible. You should farm a Tabula in A9 which you can use for a long time. Atziri you can kill. Brightbeak is just clear speed when you hit 95+, before that a good dagger/sceptre works just as well. Essence Worm is the only bottleneck here.
"
Realyn wrote:
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

I'd pick (whatever kind of)totems as first char. It allows to loot a lot of stuff while they're killing stuff.

Uniques aren't terrible. You should farm a Tabula in A9 which you can use for a long time. Atziri you can kill. Brightbeak is just clear speed when you hit 95+, before that a good dagger/sceptre works just as well. Essence Worm is the only bottleneck here.

Thanks for the help!

I was thinking the same. Better mobility, survivability, and Lab is a joke with MoM.

Found a few Essence Worms in non-ssf, hoping for some similar luck here!
Definitely rerolling as this build tomorrow. For leveling through acts 1-10, what would you recommend in terms of gearing, gem usage, and tree priority? Mostly interested in gearing

Regular SSF, not HC by the way
Last edited by moldycondom on Sep 23, 2017, 2:48:58 AM
"
moldycondom wrote:
Definitely rerolling as this build tomorrow. For leveling through acts 1-10, what would you recommend in terms of gearing, gem usage, and tree priority? Mostly interested in gearing

Regular SSF, not HC by the way

You can pick whatever you personally like really. I used FB totems until Kitava and changed to GC right after him.

Tree probably something like Templar start > Shamanistic Fury >Elemental Overload > MoM > Ancestral Bond > Totemic Mastery > Totemic Zeal > Get crit stuff > Shadow start

There's not much to gearing. Filter for Platinum, Copper, Golden Kris and Life and Life/ES shields. Farm a Tabula in A9. Do Atziri with 19 gems. Everything else is just life/mana/res gear before that.
Hey! I wish this build got more attention, because it seems great. I'm usually not a totem type of guy but Glacial Cascade seems really cool and I'm also a beginner. After ripping my first 3 chars all around lvl 80-81 I will try this build and hopefully I'll have some success and fun. Thanks for the time to write it.
This build has been a lot of fun so far. Farming for Tabula now. Got a Soul Mantle drop which I may make use of if I can get a few decent warding flasks.

Extremely active playstyle though especially for totems. Keeping up Arcane Surge and Power Charges is a lot of fun, kind of like a mini rampage where you just want to keep everything up and power through the map. I didn't know about the Immortal Call + Arcane Surge interaction, but I much prefer to this Flame Dash + Surge even though I'm not actually getting the rampage benefit out of it.

Glacial Cascade is in a really good spot too, switched to it immediately. Grabbed Ancestral Bond around ~30. As soon as I got Providence ascendancy everything just started to freeze and die. Leveling with a 4 link GC-Inc Aoe-Phys to light.

I played around in PoB to try to tier out the desired affixes for weapons, it's mostly just: Increased Crit for Spells, Crit Multi, Flat to Spells, Spell Damage, Cast Speed. Just try to get as much of that as you can.

Thanks again, Realyn!
Last edited by NaeRo2 on Sep 23, 2017, 10:12:18 AM
Thanks guys. And don't worry, if the title or whatever isn't flashy enough for some people it's their loss ;).

Crit multi is by far the most important damage stat on a dagger or sceptre. Faster casting and attack speed are more a QoL thing. Then there's the rest - crit chance for a more constant freeze. A high spell damage roll is obviously not the worst thing either but just a bit worse than crit multi.
Meant to ask. Slightly off-topic, but what loot filter do you use, Realyn?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info