3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
NewArkhadiam wrote:
And the disscussion about what is better (Jugg or Chieftain), dunno....

Its true that phys reduction and armor is better for jugger, but life reg + immune burning and dmg for chieftain....

In addition, is easier and more comfortable get endurance charges with chieftain...

I could do some tests with path of building, and only swapping ascendences, I only get +3% physical red with jugg (90% from 87%) but I lose 8-10% dmg from Dot and 1/3 life regeneration.

Just, we don't need life for dealing dmg, but we need kepp it for our Regeneration and our survival.

So, in general is an important nerf. We can't get dmg and tankiness with life.

Wait, what? Endurance charges are way easier to manage as Jugg. Overall you can probably just choose whatever. If you want more damage, go Chieftain. More Endurance QoL and overall tankiness...go Jugg.
Last edited by Rothulean on Sep 4, 2019, 8:54:55 PM
"
NewArkhadiam wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:
New trees are out, cant Check them right now.

Any for rf interesting MORE dot damage nodes on the tree?

Note really. All important nodes are included in the guide.

But is useless to start some therycrafting without new nodes. Just wait 1-2 days and then, we can to discuss properly.

Not really sure why youre spreading misinformation. This is false, though.

The Arsonist node now has some Fire DOT Multiplier. As mentioned earlier, the Holy Fire node received quite a lot of Fire DOT Multiplier.

And I think we will likely shoot for the Breath of Flames/Heart of Flame/Cruel Preparation nodes in the northern part of the tree. Those nodes all combine for 128% fire damage, 18% Fire DOT Multipler and 20% health.
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
NewArkhadiam wrote:
And the disscussion about what is better (Jugg or Chieftain), dunno....

Its true that phys reduction and armor is better for jugger, but life reg + immune burning and dmg for chieftain....

In addition, is easier and more comfortable get endurance charges with chieftain...

I could do some tests with path of building, and only swapping ascendences, I only get +3% physical red with jugg (90% from 87%) but I lose 8-10% dmg from Dot and 1/3 life regeneration.

Just, we don't need life for dealing dmg, but we need kepp it for our Regeneration and our survival.

So, in general is an important nerf. We can't get dmg and tankiness with life.

Wait, what? Endurance charges are way easier to manage as Jugg. Overall you can probably just choose whatever. If you want more damage, go Chieftain. More Endurance QoL and overall tankiness...go Jugg.

Just I said I prefer Chieftain because he deals more dmg (even more after changes), and he has much more life recovery than Jugg. In fact, their phisical reduction is also huge.

But, the most important for choose chieftain (for me) is his way to get charges spamming my SR. So comfortable.

Anyways, both of them will be ok for next ligue.
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
NewArkhadiam wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:
New trees are out, cant Check them right now.

Any for rf interesting MORE dot damage nodes on the tree?

Note really. All important nodes are included in the guide.

But is useless to start some therycrafting without new nodes. Just wait 1-2 days and then, we can to discuss properly.

Not really sure why youre spreading misinformation. This is false, though.

The Arsonist node now has some Fire DOT Multiplier. As mentioned earlier, the Holy Fire node received quite a lot of Fire DOT Multiplier.

And I think we will likely shoot for the Breath of Flames/Heart of Flame/Cruel Preparation nodes in the northern part of the tree. Those nodes all combine for 128% fire damage, 18% Fire DOT Multipler and 20% health.

I was doing some changes in PoB. To be honest, I only added that "breath of flames". I had to sacrifice 1 jewel and bravery for get enough skill points.

I didn't see Cruel Preparation Node, but its worth get 20% HP with 3 Nodes, so yeah, all of us will get both nodes.

But, I don't think Heart of Flames will be worth.

Anyways, I need to test more before get final conclusions.

I personally do think heart of flames is worth it. But to each their own. Just a ton of damage in that area.
Due to the base damage added to the gem, it could be worth taking empower +4 and +skills on wand/scepter.

But it would need an helmet with burning damage and conc affect atleast ( so lower AoE ). Its also not possible to get an cheap essence crafted helm with conc effect OR burning damage. We need booth of them when using empower.

Other choice would be to drop kaoms for an 6L belly or something. Im not sure if there is an helmet with global (fire) skills.
Last edited by Enterich on Sep 5, 2019, 2:58:41 AM
I highly doubt empower will be worth it
If you use a 6L armor you lose a lot of HP and you lose the 30% more from essence of horror, doubt it's worth it too.

Breath of flames and heart of flame look good but damn it's a very long path to get there

I'm guessing an option is to allocate less %life nodes to get there more easily, since we scale off life less now

edit: wait I'm dumb, we can just use oils to allocate breath of flames too, dunno if that's the most efficient use of oils though
Last edited by Shuggananas on Sep 5, 2019, 5:19:03 AM
"
Shuggananas wrote:
I highly doubt empower will be worth it
If you use a 6L armor you lose a lot of HP and you lose the 30% more from essence of horror, doubt it's worth it too.

Breath of flames and heart of flame look good but damn it's a very long path to get there

I'm guessing an option is to allocate less %life nodes to get there more easily, since we scale off life less now

edit: wait I'm dumb, we can just use oils to allocate breath of flames too, dunno if that's the most efficient use of oils though

I think its worth it though. Currently we take a bit of a detour to get Discipline and Training. Removing those points gives us 6 extra talents to allocate. Which gets us to the Breath of Flames/Heart of Flame/Cruel Preparation Nodes.

The new scaling on RF/Fire Dot Multiplier just makes that node too good to pass up.
Last edited by Rothulean on Sep 5, 2019, 5:52:02 AM
For the gear:

1) About Empower Lvl 4 gem.... it will be a good option, but you can't add it to RF. At this moment, combinations like RF+Increased AoE+Efficacy+Elemental focus OR RF+Elemental focus+Arcane surge+Swift Afliction.... are too good. You can't change any of them for Empower I guess. This will be worst.

2) Its not worth sacrifice Kaoms heart. As an other user and me said, if you will get new Fire DoT nodes, you will have to lose some HP nodes. 500HP from Kaoma are essential right now, and I don't know a better armor at the moment. Even, If you can get 6L from the helmet: Why do you need another 6L?

3) Will be so important new Fire DoT mod for crafting. If you do some tests in PoB, you could see that this Mod improve the Dmg so far. It seems that all our setup we must take it. In my case, I only have got my gloves finished, burn the rest of the gear have free Affixes. Special mention for new mod: +1 to all "insert gem element here" from sceptres. It could be interesting too.
I'll try to put here an optional passive tree for the next ligue until LVL 100 if someone would like to play RF chieftain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info