3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
h4rdXc0r3 wrote:
Hey guys! I'm trying out this build but having a hard time leveling. Is there somewhere I can find about gems and links while leveling? The skill gem setup on the pastebin PoB is not for leveling. Unless I'm missing something. How did you guys level this build? I'm already level 38 but lacking damage. Should I transition now to RF? Thanks! :O)

Dude, there is an EXTENSIVE leveling section for this build right in the table of contents, you just have to actually go through them. Hell, I just went and checked and it clearly says LEVELING right there!
Last edited by Jedijax on Aug 16, 2019, 12:55:22 AM
This leveling guide still work?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166420/page/1

And can you guys please tell me which gems should go in each piece of gear?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Aug 23, 2019, 9:07:07 PM
Think I'm going to try this one at 3.8. Thanks for the write up.
Potentially a bunch of new "fire damage over time multiplier" added to the tree on preexisting points. Looks like RF will get a real shot in the arm for dps?

https://i.imgur.com/nQ32iYz.jpg
Last edited by Rothulean on Aug 30, 2019, 9:33:36 PM
The balance changes specifically call out Righteous Fire (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627116) as a thing that's being changed: should we panic?
"
olandgren wrote:
The balance changes specifically call out Righteous Fire (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627116) as a thing that's being changed: should we panic?

I...dont think so? I'm not sure it changes much of anything for us tbh. It says we will gain less damage from health sure. But the gem itself will provide the missing damage presumably.

We also invested in health because that was the main way we actually buffed our damage. These new changes make it so that the quality of the gem will matter a lot more (again, presumably). Currently it gives a decent amount of damage to make it 20% quality...but now it sounds like it will give a fair bit more.

Overall seems like good things coming for us with a little rebalancing included. Also looking like the link I posted above is real. Extra Fire Damage Over Time Multiplier should be really really good.

TLDR: We might have a bit less health but it looks like we trade that for, hopefully, a lot more damage.

Last edited by Rothulean on Sep 2, 2019, 11:30:48 PM
Definitely, this changes on RF will f*ck us.

All our setup (gear and skills from tree) focus on Life and life recovery.

"
NewArkhadiam wrote:

It depends entirely how they tune the RF gem. Currently its 40% of health.

If it gets nerfed to 25%? Yea, RIP.
If its nerfed to 30% its borderline. But probably RIP.
If it gets nerfed to 35% it should be fine.

So no, it doesnt necessarily screw us. It just means the build will need to change a little. We focused on getting health because that was more beneficial for our survivability AND damage. We will probably go many of the same nodes but focus more on damage in the late game (levels 75+-ish maybe).

The build as it currently stands may or may not be nerfed. But we can just...adjust the build if needed.
Last edited by Rothulean on Sep 3, 2019, 2:22:50 AM
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
NewArkhadiam wrote:

It depends entirely how they tune the RF gem. Currently its 40% of health.

If it gets nerfed to 25%? Yea, RIP.
If its nerfed to 30% its borderline. But probably RIP.
If it gets nerfed to 35% it should be fine.

So no, it doesnt necessarily screw us. It just means the build will need to change a little. We focused on getting health because that was more beneficial for our survivability AND damage. We will probably go many of the same nodes but focus more on damage in the late game (levels 75+-ish maybe).

The build as it currently stands may or may not be nerfed. But we can just...adjust the build if needed.

Do you think the nerf will be "soft" after this communicate?

They are putting as a main example this build to change mechanics from DoT, especificly burning dmg.

The dmg from the life will be 15-25% (probably will be 20%).

If GGG change the % ONLY FOR ENEMIES, but keep the same % for the PJ, this build is over. We will need the same life and life recovery, losing dps.

If they change both of %, probably our PJ won't be high tank but will get some extra dmg, but we will need get a lot of new nodes from de tree, and new setup with new mods focused on Dot.

So, we will fucked anyway.
Last edited by NewArkhadiam on Sep 3, 2019, 2:39:38 AM
You may be right, but I think its premature to overreact just yet. Here's what they said:

"
The goal of this change is to provide more power for builds that don't invest as heavily in maximum life, and slightly less power in builds that invested the majority of their resources into getting large values of maximum life.

"Slightly". Nerfing it to 15-25% wouldnt be slightly. Slightly would be 30%+ ish. But yes ultimately it depends on what they nerf it too. I dont think the build is necessarily screwed. I think it will just need some changes. We will see.

This nerf kinda makes sense though (if its not overnerfed). Some of these fire Dot multipliers are REALLY strong. If RF received no changes at all it would have likely seen a massive 15-30% dps spike. Im not shocked if they bring it down a little (Im expecting 30% of health).

It just depends on how much. If it does turn out to be 15-25% then the build is definitely dead.
Last edited by Rothulean on Sep 3, 2019, 3:00:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info