3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

nvm
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Aug 10, 2018, 8:45:39 PM
Ok, so I was using this guide to try RF for the first time. My goal was a tanky boss killer that could take on Uber/Shaper with ease and everyone pointed me to a Life Jugg RF. I decided to give it a go in flashback and based on my build I didn't think I should have difficulty simply clearing the T16 guardians. I've already pushed through all the tiers of maps without problems and almost no deaths as long as I avoid the no/less regen ones.

Can someone take a look at my character and build and tell me if you see something that looks out of place that I might be missing. I'm hoping I simply had something set wrong that would explain this. Shouldn't I be able to tank these guys without issue?
"
ZeroCloud wrote:
Ok, so I was using this guide to try RF for the first time. My goal was a tanky boss killer that could take on Uber/Shaper with ease and everyone pointed me to a Life Jugg RF. I decided to give it a go in flashback and based on my build I didn't think I should have difficulty simply clearing the T16 guardians. I've already pushed through all the tiers of maps without problems and almost no deaths as long as I avoid the no/less regen ones.

Can someone take a look at my character and build and tell me if you see something that looks out of place that I might be missing. I'm hoping I simply had something set wrong that would explain this. Shouldn't I be able to tank these guys without issue?

looks like you missed 8% life and chaos res by purity of flesh which would help a bit, and you took the skill points instead of helping oak, which is optional, but I personally helped oak because of the regen and physical damage reduction. Also the watchers eye helps A LOT. The first time I was able to face tank Minotaur was right after I got my watchers eye, which wasn't roll'd very well, but I probably wouldn't have been able to without it.
"
Texacutioner1 wrote:

looks like you missed 8% life and chaos res by purity of flesh which would help a bit, and you took the skill points instead of helping oak, which is optional, but I personally helped oak because of the regen and physical damage reduction. Also the watchers eye helps A LOT. The first time I was able to face tank Minotaur was right after I got my watchers eye, which wasn't roll'd very well, but I probably wouldn't have been able to without it.

Yep, for now I have purposely skipped the last 2 4% life and chaos resistance because I didn't see a ton of payback on them at this time. The chaos resistance hasn't really been an issue and that life seems less important for where I am at then raw damage and killing speed at bosses.

Are you saying that watcher's eye makes or breaks this build's ability to take on the guardians, shaper, and uber elder? I just haven't read anywhere that data, and I'm trying to learn. Has anyone broken it down into useful metrics in terms of base life and net regen required? Also, after your first death what is the trick at bosses to not instant dying before getting all 9 charges back up?
It is not what makes or breaks this build, but the watcher's eye does make a big difference in this build. Especially when you look at endgame content.

For instant endurance charges, you use one of these, oh it does not give 1-2 of them, but all of them instantly.

I'm wondering why you chose the bubonic boots, a pack of decent rare boots would be better I think. Death walk does fire damage, so it cancels out your EE that you proc with the cold damage from your amu. Sure, orb of storms is good for EE, let us say you want to kill a boss, put an orb, and start also casting scorching ray.

But for general shield charging on maps, death walk cancels out the cold from your amu. You either need brutality support on those bubonic, or get some rare boots. I use orb of storms only at stuff like shaper,red elder, uber elder....it's just not needed at lower content if you have your gear in check and it also occupies 1 gem slot.

I would go with some decent rare boots just so you get more sockets, and put an enlighten+purity of fire+vitality+purity of ice. This gives you a ton of flexibility as not only do you now have even more max cold res for those lovely shaper and elder encounters, but also you get a lot of cold res and that gives you leeway to play around with your gear a bit, drop some cold from other gear and craft something else on it...etc.
"
Nosferat wrote:

I'm wondering why you chose the bubonic boots, a pack of decent rare boots would be better I think. Death walk does fire damage, so it cancels out your EE that you proc with the cold damage from your amu. Sure, orb of storms is good for EE, let us say you want to kill a boss, put an orb, and start also casting scorching ray.

I was actually following the advice of this guide which says they are great boots to use if you can handle the resistance loss. I actually had not considered the EE issues, and am surprised they are recommended with that possibility.

I'll look into a good rare boots pair, which is something I was already considering because I felt that every jewel slot I had to have a resistance mod on to stay above cap while wearing the bubonic boots gave up considerable damage potential.

Another annoying thing to me is I didn't realize Leo wasn't offered in flashback so I couldn't create the crafted weapon as planned. Not that Doryani's is bad, but I realize I'm losing damage on that slot due to the league.
I did uber elder with that crappy brightbeak, not in flashback but the normal incursion(sold some of my gear in the meantime). Yes it took quite a while.

I was just not good enough with the micro-macro stuff, put orb of storms, cast scorching a bit, run, put orb, cast a bit, run,...etc. I just preferred to just hit shield charge and constantly be on the move, also have a cwdt+vortex, so whenever I got a bigger shaper orb or elder hit, it instantly activated and I just had to walk around while not having to worry about triggering ee.

The rare boots option is expensive, but I think it pays off in the long run, if you get something with a decent amount of life,movespeed and resists, manage to get your hands on a lvl 4 enlighten, you can have all 3 auras running, have a ton of maxed resistances and can craft other stuff on your gear,get better jewels with more life and damage....etc.

I don't know if you have enough time in flashback to max your char to optimal uber elder ecounters, but who knows.
Last edited by Nosferat on Aug 18, 2018, 1:58:56 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
The rare boots option is expensive, but I think it pays off in the long run, if you get something with a decent amount of life,movespeed and resists, manage to get your hands on a lvl 4 enlighten, you can have all 3 auras running, have a ton of maxed resistances and can craft other stuff on your gear,get better jewels with more life and damage....etc.

Are you able to channel SR without interruption with the 3 auras and lvl4 enlighten?
I have 69 mana now (630 reserved) and can get 4-5 seconds before mana runs out with SR.

With this...sure.I did not try it with something else. If you can't get your hands on something like that. I don't know, link scorch with blood magic or reduce mana support? I saw sceptres on poe trade with ele focus, increased ele damage. If you can't craft them in flashback, you could try renouncing something like burning damage or efficacy support for a reduced mana or blood magic support.

Could also play with the passives a bit,going for sovereignty or maybe tireless? I don't know.... You could also respec your points from Oak, if you haven't done that already, by this stage of the game, and with decent items, you can allow yourself the luxury of the 2 passive points outweighing the bonus you get from him.
Last edited by Nosferat on Aug 23, 2018, 6:59:23 AM
i want a tanky character that can do all content for delve
would this be a good choice :?
also how does it compare to a guardian rf build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info