Winners of the Well-dressed Exile Competition

Some of these have me scratching my head.
RIP Solstice
IM upset that one guy wiht the spoiled suggestions didn't even get a single nomination. All of his were top tier and none of them made it in anywhere.....I was looking forward to seeing those guys ass exiles.
i click the part where it says show but wont do anything or show any picture or anything at all.
Last edited by Saladin2 on Aug 29, 2017, 11:48:38 PM
"
ladish wrote:
top 20. Neat :D

gg mate
Yes!! Top 10 in Natural! Thank you!!! :D
You guys have no idea about how amazing this is for me!
Damn I should have sent a picture in lol.
gimme money bitch
This sure looks like a PayToWin event. The winner looks like crap imo. Many of the runner up 20 are way better looking.

Also, you can only get MTX if you pay. So yeah the more you spend the higher your chance to win. I dislike this kind of competitions. The Naturals didn't have a fart's chance in a tornado to win top prize. Pay to Win.

GGG don't do this again. This doesn't inspire players to spend more money on your game. Not really no. From the second it was announced i felt that this is an attempt at trying to milk players. It wasn't well thought through imo. Yeah i entered too but only because my buddies were nagging me about it, so i made 1 entry. Glad that i didn't get any votes. I don't support this kind of money making schemes. This don't benefit the community. This turns away those who are unable to spend. Whatever their reason may be. (yeah i know. Now a lot of 1st world idiot shitheads gonna take a jab at me for saying that) But that is the cold hard fact.

If you want to get people inspired to participate in a competition, then you must eliminate the MTX factor. Make competitions where everyone can participate equally. You want to feature someone's character? Sure. The fact of looking good means nothing if the equipped items are mismatchin their skills. So why not a skill based competition? Doesn't have to be end game viable. Just certain boss viable. There are soo many of them, i'm sure there would be many entries. That would level the playing field for a lot more players.

There are many things you could do. This shouldn't be one of em.
Last edited by kdthehun on Aug 30, 2017, 12:29:10 AM
I'm going with what seems to be the consensus and saying that this was a bit of a rush pick.

I will say that there are some really nice ones (pro17, DimkaSok, MOUP9Kcz, H4xolotl, Minimized, Shareware, ChaozDesignz) but then there are some that just lack either originality (BigRedRus34), creativity (OrdinaryM), or even any questionable style at all (Ultimakami). Style doesn't mean that you shove whatever cosmetics or unique on you in your inventory, or try matching all the same color, but find thing that look pleasing together.

Not to mention the unfortunate situation for setveen who seemed to be gypped out of a grand prize.

I did enjoy the time in creating my own styles, and I think it was a fun competition, congratulations to all winners and I hope they do it in the future, however I do hope next time they do it a bit different:

-Take more time in judging and with a more structured elimination process.

-Give similar winning looks some compensation, hopefully give them a tie.

-Premium doesn't always mean every slot has to be taken up by a cosmetic and make you look like a Christmas Tree. One or two can go a long way on an otherwise natural look.

-Finding items from different sets that work together give extra points while using the full set does not.

I hope maybe could be done next year? We'll see. Sorry for the salt.
Fire Ferrets
everyone looks great, now I feel like spending for MTX ._.
gratz to all
Kind of sad to not even make to top 20, prob bec of my outdated graphic card.

Also I guess there was some similar submissions to mine and that prob apply to others(or maybe mine was similar to their submission?), since some of those top20 looks are quite unique.

Last edited by qualqum on Aug 30, 2017, 12:45:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info