[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
notwisted wrote:

holy dick and balls where did you make all that currency

I had a pretty out of the ordinary league start here is some of the stuff that I can think right off the bat:

I crafted 2x Shped stat sticks early on with like 400 chaos. One sold for 20ex other sold for like 14 ex.
I found a Xoph neck from a breach.
I made a shaped neck that sold for near mirror price.
3x 6 linked soul mantles in less than 700 fusing total combined between all 3. (vaaled all 3 no +1 gems but none ripped).
Found two decent watchers eye in my first 10 elder runs that sold for a good chunk as well.
Sold a ton of shaped/elder ilvl 80-85.
Got a Starforge and a Dying Sun from like 5 shaper runs.

That + everyday trading and flipping a few items here and there.

You'd be surprised how fast you can build currency with a properly setup item indexer and some crafting luck ^.^

"
hogscraper wrote:
I've never played Inquis but what I've noticed playing as Hiero:
Your resists with this build, (not counting possible jewels), are -41F, -83C, -41L with zero evasion, only 1385 armor and 232 ES. Been playing around with the setup you show and pretty much die to everything and anything. Half the map mod combos are either a nightmare to do or undoable without using all 6 portals from deaths. And that's not even counting the headache of flasking every few seconds to deal with the curses. With such little defense, even getting hit once while certain curses are active is instant death. Any sort of ground patch damage plus either limited/no regen or ele reflect is death. Breaches are death with ele reflect and 50/50 any other time. Hell, even trying to do lvl 7 Haku missions is death 50% of the time without red skulls near 100% with them. Red mobs in tight quarters is almost always death as are really fast red mobs anywhere near a map start point.

The best gear setup I could make had capped resists, 10% more life and mana, 3X your ES, 13% evasion, same armor, 320k-400k dps, (with four totems and no Soul Mantle) and it still dies way too much to call this build viable for leveling a hiero through maps. Maybe being super lucky with map mods and ignoring certain maps altogether might help but it seems like more of a headache build than any I've ever played before without most of the benefits and zero survivability.

Well, you shouldn't even be mapping if you don't have capped resists at end game. That is something so basic and crucial....

You should have no troubles keeping your flasks up. Try the Retch Belt or The Tactician (Both really strong for everyday mapping and bossing) pick up the 3 flask nodes near witch for additional peace of mind if you are bad at flask management and have piano tendencies.

I currently have 30% phys dmg reduc with 4 endurance charges and great Immortal Call uptime when it procs at a high damage threshold.

No regen maps are easy to overcome with Trolltimber shield + a single mana flask.

Ele reflect is very annoying because you have to keep spamming your totems, but you could just remove your other 40% cold conversion and it actually makes them live a little longer. I've done plenty of t15 maps with reflect even t16 guardians. (imo it is the most annoying map mod tho and unless you have very good mana regen or one mana flask, I wouldn't recomend running it). Still 100% doable if you prepare accordingly.

This build can run EVERY SINGLE map mod in the game with VERY MINOR changes.

Hello there,

"
You'd be surprised how fast you can build currency with a properly setup item indexer and some crafting luck ^.^

We're not playing the same game :p

But, thanks OP for this build. It's my first totem build in 3 years of PoE, and ... it's fun, strong, and safe.

I have a lot of thing to min/max, but the essential is ok.

Some few questions/suggestion (perhaps stupid questions ...) :

- i add phasing with CWDT and Immortal call (+ increase duration), save me lot of times. When IC proc, i have few seconds to go away more fastly and safely. I really appreciate it.
Is Kaom's root are blocking the movement speed bonus of phasing ???
- About self-flagellation : I'm not sure I understand. It allows to cast one more curse or to take one more curse as debuff ?

Thanks !

Ulren

"
Ulren001 wrote:
Hello there,

"

We're not playing the same game :p

But, thanks OP for this build. It's my first totem build in 3 years of PoE, and ... it's fun, strong, and safe.

I have a lot of thing to min/max, but the essential is ok.

Some few questions/suggestion (perhaps stupid questions ...) :

- i add phasing with CWDT and Immortal call (+ increase duration), save me lot of times. When IC proc, i have few seconds to go away more fastly and safely. I really appreciate it.
Is Kaom's root are blocking the movement speed bonus of phasing ???
- About self-flagellation : I'm not sure I understand. It allows to cast one more curse or to take one more curse as debuff ?

Thanks !

Ulren

Self flagellation is just for the bonus damage per curse on you. You can have as many curses on you as you wish (just not two of the same curse of course.)

Phasing just allow you to walk thru enemies. "Phasing is a temporary effect that allows the player the ability to move through enemies."

Unless you mean Phase Run the skill?

Gain a buff that makes you faster, harder to detect, and grants Phasing, letting you pass through enemies. Performing any skill replaces this buff with one that boosts melee damage of skills you use yourself (it will not apply to your melee skills used by totems). Consumes Frenzy Charges to increase duration.

It is good in concept but does not work too well in the end IMO. I rather just link my Golem to CWDT + Immortal call + Inc duration.

Edit: It could also be an issue with the ORDER that you're CWDT is casting. You need to make sure Phase Run is the last one in the cast order, otherwise Immortal Call will cancel out the move speed buff!!!

Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 19, 2018, 12:07:39 PM
Thanks for your response.

Yes, i'm talking about "phase run", not phasing. I'm playing it, not for the melee bonus (i know it's useless), just for the "free movement" it give, proc with IC, and give me more possibilities to escape a dangerous situation, and without losing my charges.

I use 2 scepters actually, and flame dash is a bad movement skill for me.

Is kaom's room is ok, with this setup ???

Thanks about self-flagellation. So i don't think i'll use it.

Ulren

Last edited by Ulren001 on Mar 19, 2018, 12:11:01 PM
"
BuDiu wrote:
Ele reflect is very annoying because you have to keep spamming your totems, but you could just remove your other 40% cold conversion and it actually makes them live a little longer. I've done plenty of t15 maps with reflect even t16 guardians. (imo it is the most annoying map mod tho and unless you have very good mana regen or one mana flask, I wouldn't recomend running it). Still 100% doable if you prepare accordingly.

The only thing I won't run is ele reflect + no regen on the same map. Can't get enough mana out of a flask to spam that many totems.

On some of the guardian maps I also balk at too many boss buffs (or on phoenix projectile buffs like multi proj and chain). But on T15 and lower anything goes except reflect + no regen pairing.
"
"
BuDiu wrote:

The only thing I won't run is ele reflect + no regen on the same map. Can't get enough mana out of a flask to spam that many totems.

On some of the guardian maps I also balk at too many boss buffs (or on phoenix projectile buffs like multi proj and chain). But on T15 and lower anything goes except reflect + no regen pairing.

Oh yea, every mod is different than every mod combo. You don't wanna be running certain map combos.... Specially on guardians haha.

Can you imagine?

Forge of the Phoenix Map of The Raped Rectum

Mods:

- max res
70% monster life
30% Monster damage
30% boss damage and boss attack/movement speed
No regen
Ele reflect
Hex Proof
Extra damage as fire damage

etc...

There are some Guardian combos that are just ridiculous and can make them harder than Uber Elder heh.

"
hogscraper wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Are you high?

Edit:I have a video for you. 65% ele res T12 and 69% increased monster life T14.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20955780/

Considering you're not using the gear set he has shown for when he claims to have beat Shaper with Hiero, what does anything in that video have to do with what I typed? And I did put the wrong resists, those were the amounts below 75 values. He's showing gear with 34 fire res, 2 cold res and 34 lightning res and without the Essence Worm. You might as well post a pizza sticks video and tell me that shows why I'm wrong. In no way does that negate my experience with a similar build with better defenses.

I try really hard not to use insulting or judgemental language and phrasing when responding to people doing stupid things in this thread, but in this case I just can't bring myself to adopt a neutral tone. As exodus said: Are you high?

I checked your profile to see if you are brand new to the game, but you've been playing since 2013. Which means either you have brain damage, or you're trolling us. Maxing resists for mapping is such a basic part of this game that people usually don't bother to explicitly state it in guides. If this was your first ever character I could of course excuse being confused about it, but you've been playing for 5 years, and have at least 5 mapping level characters, so wtf?

OP probably had resists on some jewels when he was using that gear set, FFS. Assuming he was using the same jewels then as now, and his bandit choice was alira, he was over cap on all resists (by 9%/7%/13%).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 19, 2018, 12:58:28 PM
Hey @MagicRectangle/Exodus_820

I recently got lucky with one of my elder drops and was able to afford a good amount of gear.

Could you please advise on what I should go for next?

I recently just switched off my Starkonja and picked up a decent Shaper Neck/ Stats Helm / and Essence worm with a Hatred Cold Pen eye jewel...

Can you guys recommend what I should go for next as far as upgrades go?

I was thinking...

1. Replacing my helmet to get a bit more HP, in the 120 area, and getting the 40% Glacial Cascade Helm Enchant(might literally take forever)
2. Saving up tons of currency for a double rolled extra physical of a element on a dagger(S)
3. Getting another Opal Ring or a rare alternative? I need minimum +50 dex on it so it's hard to find good ones
4. Taking out the Clear Mind Jewel and replacing it with a rare so I can use Clarity....

How do you guys feel about Clarity effects from the Eye? I feel like all of the below could be useful minus the energy shield and reduced mana cost one.

ClarityDamageTakenFromManaBeforeLife (6-10)% of Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity

ClarityDamageTakenGainedAsMana (15-20)% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit while affected by Clarity

ClarityManaAddedAsEnergyShield Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

ClarityManaRecoveryRate (20-30)% increased Mana Recovery Rate while affected by Clarity

ClarityRecoverManaOnSkillUse (10-15)% chance to Recover 10% of Maximum Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity

ClarityReducedManaCost -(10-5) to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity
"
juntar wrote:
I was thinking...

1. Replacing my helmet to get a bit more HP, in the 120 area, and getting the 40% Glacial Cascade Helm Enchant(might literally take forever)

Or life and mana, which gets you more pool than life and life hybrid. Of course it is theoretically possible to get life + life hybrid + mana, but with good resists on top of it you will pay through the nose.

"
2. Saving up tons of currency for a double rolled extra physical of a element on a dagger(S)

Or roll your own. Double "as extra" is easier to roll on scepters via the alt route as I mentioned earlier, since there's an "as extra" suffix as well on scepters.

"
3. Getting another Opal Ring or a rare alternative? I need minimum +50 dex on it so it's hard to find good ones

You could pick up 10 dex by changing your route out of templar.

"
4. Taking out the Clear Mind Jewel and replacing it with a rare so I can use Clarity....

How do you guys feel about Clarity effects from the Eye? I feel like all of the below could be useful minus the energy shield and reduced mana cost one.

I haven't played around with them, but the most interesting one to me is the damage taken gained as mana. The stronger MoM one has potential if you can get enough mana to support it (which it looks like you actually could with a hat and glove upgrade).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info