[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
atlasinvictus wrote:
Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for the invaluable advice! I took all of your recommendations and it's already helped a lot, especially cause I had no idea what I was doing (as evidenced by the spell totem in the Soul Mantle, haha).

1. When you're writing a post, click on your character portrait to the upper left of the screen. Then simply left-click once on every item you want to link. The items will automatically link.

2. Trading and maps! :)

Given my budget, what would be the best upgrade for my gear? A better dagger/scepter?

A better offhand is going to improve your DPS by a considerable amount.

A five slot Soul Mantle shouldn't be too expensive either, and having a fifth gem can make a big difference.

Your amulet isn't bad, but could be a lot better. I think it might be your weakest slot. I'd definitely use your Kaoms over those other boots you linked as well. Look for those new shaper mods.

Your quicksilver flask has the boost to resistances on it, which typically won't help much, I can't tell your exact resistances but from your gear I think you're beyond the 75% cap ( which is good to go past a bit ) but I find stacking the quicksilver flask with an extra 25-30% movement speed is a game changer.

Also in regards to flasks, do you ever notice you suddenly start taking massive damage over time? That's usually bleeding. When that happens to me I'm usually hitting my health potion like crazy, so having a flask like this that gets rid of bleeding while also healing helped me out a lot.

This flask is pretty cheap and I find it to be quite useful. I didn't buy mine though, and haven't seen it suggested by any of the more experienced players here. It's really nice at keeping all your other flasks up though, and the 40% damage buff is nice alongside Atziris.

So tweaking your flasks will probably increase your survivability a decent amount, with the amulet I like to get the 15% -20% increased Energy Shield mod, which I find is a fair bit of extra survivability but it's certainly not a hard requirement or anything, the first stat you want to aim for the is physical damage to elemental conversation the shaper mods add. And a new offhand will be by far your largest increase in damage. The flasks should be relatively cheap to sort out though.
Last edited by Defiants on Dec 26, 2017, 7:46:32 PM
"
Defiants wrote:
This flask is pretty cheap and I find it to be quite useful. I didn't buy mine though, and haven't seen it suggested by any of the more experienced players here. It's really nice at keeping all your other flasks up though, and the 40% damage buff is nice alongside Atziris.

Maintaining flask uptime tends not to be a problem at higher gear levels, as you clear through maps pretty quick. If you find it useful, go for it, once your clear speed can maintain flasks without it, swap. Personally I use a granite for my final flask (life, mana, atziri, diamond, granite), to help me tank a lot of the random physical damage coming in during abysses.

Silver flask is also a good choice for damage and mobility if you use whirling blades. Quicksilver flask is a good choice for mobility if you use shield charge.
Something worth mentioning. Shaper gloves with blind and faster casting on them for Orb of Storms. I'm using them on my tendrils inquis which I'm planning to respec into this for bossing killing. The free blind adds a surprising amount of survivability to the build if you can sacrifice the res to use them( usually can only find them with life on them at a reasonable price)

*Edit typo
Last edited by WhoStoleMyCigar on Dec 27, 2017, 2:55:44 PM
Well I finally dumped all my currency into some daggers and a helmet with the enchant.

Just a massive, massive DPS hike for me from my mediocre dagger/shield I previously had. I got the first one for 1ex, and slammed the faster casting/cast speed roll, which ain't bad at all. Being able to take out the Phys2Light support and stick in Controlled Destruction was also a big jump.

I still have a low life pool, and am considering going to Kaom's Roots. I hate them but I am pretty used to only Whirling around by now anyway. Meh. Cruising through T15s, will be trying a guardian tonight. I'm probably too crappy a player to kill Shaper, but I will definitely be attempting it with this guy.

I have blown about 800 fusings already going for a 6link first :)
Last edited by ImSlower on Dec 27, 2017, 9:14:51 PM

Honestly this has been the easiest league ever for it, for me. This build is higher damage than any others I've done - though I imagine a lot of builds this league will be saying that, with how much damage is gained from shaper items. Mmmm power creep.

I did shaper, uber atziri, and vaal temple all deathless. Red elder deathless too, not even any risk on him. Nice safe totem playstyle, plus so much damage that there's just not a lot of time for things to get fucky. Even killed A'alai last on uber trio for the achievement. Not on purpose mind you, the totems shoot what they want to.

Of course shaper and uber atziri dropped nothing, so that's close to 200c down the drain, but hey, challenge done.
My approach to this build - i decided to change a few things, it is not optimalization, some things just makes me more comfortable... I'm still only testing the Hypothermia, because i just really wanna avoid using Elemental Focus, makes me feel squishy around abysses.

Testing that free blind on gloves too, it will actually help me to get plus one level of Arcane Surge, so win/win.

TREE - https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDFIOSA_EES0RlhZvFr8aOBzcHRQfAiaVJy8qCyoTLJwtHzLRNsU6WDt8PAU9X0GWRUdFnUlPSVFMs06uUlNTUlVLVcZY5VnzWitd8l5dXyph4mZUZp5o8mpDcFJyD3X9fIN_xoKbg9uD84RvhTKFe4nTi4yMNo5kjxqP-pBVkm6Ub5UglS6XLZeVmjua4Jx7n9-iAKKjo_KnlKi5rhKus7E2tUi2-rjKuZO8VryqvOrAZsCawfPDCdAf0PXR_dJ81ELVptn842rr5Ovu6_XsOO087WHvfO_r8B_w1fId96b53frS?accountName=evilmindcz&characterName=AbyssalEvil
"
evilmindcz wrote:
I'm still only testing the Hypothermia, because i just really wanna avoid using Elemental Focus, makes me feel squishy around abysses.

I've been using hypothermia for quite a while, including for all of my big boss kills. I'm sold on it. The damage isn't much lower than ele focus (if any), because you get shocks. It improves safety at abysses as you say, and the chill even slows bosses improving safety there too.

It can cause some problems on certain map bosses that go invulnerable for phase transitions though, freezing them solid and preventing the phase transition. For example it will lock down piety in the core malachai fight, and you have to move your totems so she can go through her phase transition.

"
Testing that free blind on gloves too, it will actually help me to get plus one level of Arcane Surge, so win/win.

You're using kaom's roots, so blind is useless. Well, I guess it reduces their chance to hit your totems, if that matters to you.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 28, 2017, 3:29:59 PM
double post
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 28, 2017, 3:29:51 PM
Does the shaper amulet mod % chance to gain a charge on kill work with totems? Or does it not, since technically we never 'kill'?
"

You're using kaom's roots, so blind is useless. Well, I guess it reduces their chance to hit your totems, if that matters to you.

I know, but it still does something - i'm not sure if its because blind lowers light radius to minimum too, or its any other side effect, but quite often i see blinded monster just doing nothing (some bosses even can't switch to other phase).
Last edited by evilmindcz on Dec 30, 2017, 10:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info