[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Is it a good idea to get the other Power Charge nodes in the tree?

How is the Dark Pact Totem Scion compared to the Glacial Cascade Totem Templar? Curious as what you think is better. :)
"
percydaman2 wrote:
Anyone try the rain of splinters unique jewel?

42% reduced totem damage
Totems fire 2 additional projectiles

That usable at all?

Don't think so since GC isn't a projectile
Making some more updates! - HUGE ONE HERE - Recommending Controlled Destruction instead of Increased Crit Strikes with this build! Controlled Destruction is confusing as it reads reduce your crit chance by 100% but this is additive with all the other crit chance you are getting. More/Less vs Increased/Reduced. While this build does want to crit as much as possible the More multiplier from Controlled Destruction makes this one of the best gems for Crit or Non Crit casters at the moment. I recommend using it in place of Increased Crit Strikes if when the gem is in your link setup you still have around 33% Chance to Crit in your hideout.

"
Thanks for this superb build and for keeping it updated -- it's fast, easy, and fun!
No problem, glad you like it!

"
Has anyone played with the new GC gem enough to tell me will 5L be a bigger upgrade (more with beating bosses in mind)? Assuming yes, but wondering.

Second time starting this build. Fucking favorite new starter, this will be my second with it as go-to. Took it to guardians and shaper last league (lost all, got backup - bad gear) with dual kikas and self flag.
This will definitely be my go-to league starter as well. I have a soft spot in my heart for this build and I prefer early mapping and map selling as opposed to early lab farming.

"
I know that this character can be played very safe by staying behind your totems but I like to play very aggressively, am often in front of my totems, and was finding my survivability lacking. To combat this I took the +1 curse node at the top of the tree and spec'd into CWDT-IC-Enfeeble-TempChains. This has allowed me to run every red maps with insane mods easily and aggressively. Just a thought for those who like to play aggressively and any one who wants some more survivability. Looking forward to 6 linking my Soul Mantle and taking this fellow to Shaper soon.
Yet another way someone is making the build their own! For the rich people of the world see if you can get a curse corruption on your neck. I'm too scared to vaal orb my Biscos!
"

Anyone try the rain of splinters unique jewel?

42% reduced totem damage
Totems fire 2 additional projectiles

That usable at all?
Glacial Cascade isn't a projectile so things like Point Blank, Rain of Splinters, and all Proj Damage give us no benefit.

"
Is it a good idea to get the other Power Charge nodes in the tree?

How is the Dark Pact Totem Scion compared to the Glacial Cascade Totem Templar? Curious as what you think is better. :)
I feel like the Power Charge nodes are great value especially if you grab the node above Instability for spell damage per power charge. Unfortunately we are strapped for passive points and you'd be looking at dropping life, mana, or jewel nodes to reach there. If you wanted to stay in lower maps or maybe you have extremely GG gear and your life/mana is good enough then feel free to grab them.

After playing both builds I prefer GC Totems - and this was playing DP totems pre-nerf! Now that DP Totems has been nerfed (slightly) I might test it out again this league but for now I'm enjoying the GC Tots!
Last edited by thi3n on Dec 14, 2017, 12:28:23 PM
Great build! I used it as my SSF Starter for this League... the best starter I've played so far.
I will reply in the future if I get the new GC Jewel cus I wanna test those Jewels for Boss Farming, but for now I will reroll to Frost Blades cus its my favorite build and I got a few FB uniques while playing GCT.

I did Atziri at lvl 80 with a 4-Link setup for the Flask(1 Death)! It was hard but I did it!
Its a great build overall. I was using Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap.

I've played as my SSF Starters(I did a reset with "transfer all SSF to normal league" in 2.6 and 3.0 to reset my Atlas).
-Flameblast Totems/Scion Righteous Fire in 2.6
-Frost Blades/RF Totem in 3.0.
-Glacial Cascade Totems in 3.1.
Last edited by LeonardoFer on Dec 14, 2017, 6:11:03 PM
6L in 56 fuses :) Will be taking on Shaper once I get the fragments.
"

Wow gratz. How many were you prepared to throw at it? No physical to lightning??
Last edited by percydaman2 on Dec 14, 2017, 8:14:15 PM
I converted all my jews into fuses and was just going to keep pumping fuses into until it linked. I learnt from burning out in other leagues pumping thousands of fuses with no 6L, so wasn't going to put all my currency into linking this; only what jews and fuses I had. I'm using 2x Long Winter jewels so am already converting 100% phys into cold. I don't think the low hit damage of the lightning conversion will put much of a shock on endgame bosses, especially if you use elemental focus.
Thanks for the updates Thi3l. Any input on properly utilizing the new Elder/Shaper additions that allow you to get "supported by X gem" on items? Any suggestions to go for, I feel they're going to really help offset the Kaoms Roots lack of gem slots if we stack them up properly.

Anyone want to comment on where I'm planning on going with my build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqC2EOSBDMES0RlhVQFr8dFB8CIvQmlSoLKhMsnDLRNsU8BT1fQZZFR0lPSVFMs06uUlNVS1XGWOVaK13yXl1h4maeaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnX9eyB8g3_GgpuD24PzhG-FMonTi4yMNo5kj0aP-pJukyeVLpctl5WaO5_fogCj8qcIp5SuEq6zr2yxNrVItvq5k7xWvKq86sBmwJrDCcau0PXR_dJ81ELVptn82t3r7uv17TzvfPAf8NXyHfem-JP53frS_oc=?accountName=Defiants&characterName=DefianceOrDishonor

I'm not too experienced, are the lack of power charge / flask passives going to gimp me? Also I haven't seen people using the Force Shaper passives up near Doom Cast, is there a reason for that? It seems to add a lot of damage for my build in PoB. Maybe just my items at the moment? I'm not sure, figured I'd get others opinions.
"
Defiants wrote:
Thanks for the updates Thi3l. Any input on properly utilizing the new Elder/Shaper additions that allow you to get "supported by X gem" on items? Any suggestions to go for, I feel they're going to really help offset the Kaoms Roots lack of gem slots if we stack them up properly.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqC2EOSBDMES0RlhVQFr8dFB8CIvQmlSoLKhMsnDLRNsU8BT1fQZZFR0lPSVFMs06uUlNVS1XGWOVaK13yXl1h4maeaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnX9eyB8g3_GgpuD24PzhG-FMonTi4yMNo5kj0aP-pJukyeVLpctl5WaO5_fogCj8qcIp5SuEq6zr2yxNrVItvq5k7xWvKq86sBmwJrDCcau0PXR_dJ81ELVptn82t3r7uv17TzvfPAf8NXyHfem-JP53frS_oc=?accountName=Defiants&characterName=DefianceOrDishonor

I'm not too experienced, are the lack of power charge / flask passives going to gimp me? Also I haven't seen people using the Force Shaper passives up near Doom Cast, is there a reason for that? It seems to add a lot of damage for my build in PoB. Maybe just my items at the moment? I'm not sure, figured I'd get others opinions.

Hi,

for example i managed my Power Charge on Crit and Mobility Setup with shaper/elder items, i really like it and its very helpful if we are using kaoms roots

"
Great build! I used it as my SSF Starter for this League... the best starter I've played so far.
I will reply in the future if I get the new GC Jewel cus I wanna test those Jewels for Boss Farming, but for now I will reroll to Frost Blades cus its my favorite build and I got a few FB uniques while playing GCT.

I did Atziri at lvl 80 with a 4-Link setup for the Flask(1 Death)! It was hard but I did it!
Its a great build overall. I was using Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap.

I've played as my SSF Starters(I did a reset with "transfer all SSF to normal league" in 2.6 and 3.0 to reset my Atlas).
-Flameblast Totems/Scion Righteous Fire in 2.6
-Frost Blades/RF Totem in 3.0.
-Glacial Cascade Totems in 3.1.
I have been currency farming quite a bit and will buy and try these jewels on stream tonight. Glad you're enjoying this build as a starter!

"

Over 4K fuses and 3 5-links and zero 6 links. BabyRage

"

I actually talk about these mods in the gear section. Those supported by X gems will give a hybrid roll of corresponding stat. Increased Crit gives Crit Chance (careful it might be local), Faster Attacks will give attack speed, Faster Casting will give cast speed, increased area gives area damage, etc.

These mods allow for nicely rolled rares on top of the fact that you are getting free links for your abilities. The HUGE new Shaper mod available on weapons is "Gain % X as extra Y" I talk about this in gearing but it's basically a free hatred. From the guide:

For example you Gain 75% Physical as Extra Cold (Hatred + Taste of Hate, and/or another Elder/Shaper Mod), 50% Physical as Extra Fire (Added Fire + Abyss Jewel), 30% Physical as Extra Lightning (Physical to Lightning support). This % Gain % Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage works with ALL of them. This is the same reason Atziris Flask is so powerful with our build!

Check out weapons like this:

Last edited by thi3n on Dec 15, 2017, 12:21:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info