[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

hmmmm
Im gonna sell equipment from GC totems, if someone is interested msg me in game.

Make me your own offer price is not final.
Last edited by Carcelero on Apr 7, 2018, 3:02:40 PM
I am playing this build in standard, but I am encountering some problems in red maps. Particularly, I die too often.

There are some bosses/rogue exiles that leave me without mana by hitting me, so I can't cast a totem, and so they keep hitting me.

This is my tree (lvl 90 now): https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.2/AAAABAUBAQKWBAcEswceCPQJqgxSDkgOXBGWFm8Wvxo4HNwdFB8CIvQkqiaVJy8qCyoTMtE2xTbpPAU9X0VHRX5FnUlPSVFJsUyzTq5SU1NSVUtVxljlWfNaK1ugXfJh4maeaPJqQ2r6bAttGXBScg91_XwOf8aCm4Pbg_OEb4UyidOLjIw2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZJukyeVLpctl5WX9Jo7muCce5_foS-iAKPypwinVai5rhKxNrVItvq5k7xWvKq86r6KwGbAmsMJ0B_SfNRC1abXz9gk2fzjauvu6_XtPO1h73zviO_r8B_w1fId96b5N_nd-tI=

This my equipment:
Spoiler

and these my jewels:

I currently have 5.5k life, 1k ES and 700 unreserved mana.

I think I should pick some items with leech elemental damage as life/mana. What do you reccomend I do to improve my setup?
Last edited by fred84 on Apr 8, 2018, 3:21:56 AM
"
fred84 wrote:
I think I should pick some items with leech elemental damage as life/mana. What do you reccomend I do to improve my setup?

That's not going to do anything. The only way you can get leech with totems is trolltimber shield.

Not that you should run it, or any shield. Shaper weapons are too good not to use two of them. Currently you have zero of them. I don't know what the economy is like on standard but on league you can get decent ones for 10 chaos.

Here's an example search on standard:
http://poe.trade/search/ahebahikasitas

I never play standard so I really don't know how likely you are to get people to respond when trying to buy that kind of stuff, or whatnot.

Anyway, mana:

Fixing your mana problems involves a few things:
1) You're reserving 60% of your mana, stop that. Put hatred on an essence worm, or just don't use it. The mana is too important as HP.

2) Run vaal clarity + inc duration, you can easily perm it (17 second duration) through maps. Alternate option if you don't like vaal skills is lavianga's spirit. Using a flask slot for that hurts more than using a gem slot though, IMHO. Also vaal clarity can be perm'd, lavianga is just used as needed.

3) Get more mana.

4) Become a Hierophant. Hierophant gets tons of mana and mana regen. Hierophant is actually just better in every way for this build, and well worth the cost of the respec. The mana regen from hierophant is actually truly insane. I have 3k mana and I regen 600 mana/sec as a hierophant. You get a nice chunk of life regen too.

There's lots of other issues I could bring up about your gear and gems, but it is easier to just say read through the guide. You're not really following it, and it is pretty good. Of course making it your own is fine, but only if you know what you're doing (sim out the damage of your gem choices in path of building, and such).
So contemplating what helmet/gloves to use -- I know I need more life, but not sure switching out my current helmet (still trying to get the right enchant!) is worth it -- I'm getting 485 ES from it, versus about 250 life if I get a helmet with +100 life.

Once I do finally get the enchant, I'll get the max life I can find on my gloves. Any other gear suggestions are welcome. Just switched out Atizri's shield for the shaper dagger, so my lightning resist is just a bit off.

"

I already Use PoB for the DPS check and gem selection.

I thank you really a lot for the suggestions on the item search and the gem setup, I'll see what I manage to do. :)
Last edited by fred84 on Apr 8, 2018, 8:26:10 AM
A small addition. The trees in the original post do not seem to work anymore. Anyone got the latest ones?
"
fred84 wrote:
"

Do you know about the "Sort gems by DPS" option? You've got an added lightning in there, which is a pretty terrible gem for us damage-wise.

PoB tells me your best supports with your current gear are, in descending order of damage:
Conc (55.9% damage)
Hypothermia (39% damage)
Added Fire (31.4% damage)
Controlled D (34.4% damage)
Inc Crit (34.1% damage)
P2L (29.5% damage)

Added lightning by comparison is only 13.8% damage.

If you got long winters or a hat enchant, P2L would drop off the list. If you get shaper weapons, added fire will likely drop off the list. Pretty much no change whatsoever could make added lightning good though. Glacial cascade only has 60% damage effectiveness, which means sources of +x-y damage to spells are pretty bad for it. Combine that with the fact we have innate scaling off our physical damage which it doesn't synergize with, and it gives a pretty poor showing.

I understand why you don't run conc, you want bigger range, and that's fine. But adding long winters actually gives you full screen clearing range even with conc in, so that's another tic in the box for long winter.

You're also missing a diamond flask, which is 38% more damage. You've got two life flasks, so dropping one of those for a diamond is a no-brainer. I took the liberty of including the diamond flask when calculating the above gem rankings (only effects inc crit and controlled d numbers).

I was about to recommend buying a 20/20 (failed vaal) glacial cascade as well, but looks like they cost 30-40c on standard. They're only 2-3c on league which makes them a no-brainer, but that currency is probably better spent on a decent weapon given the standard prices. Still, a 20/20 is a ~20% damage bump.

"
I thank you really a lot for the suggestions on the item search and the gem setup, I'll see what I manage to do. :)

Glad I could help. I don't ever play standard so I don't know how the trading all works out, but that search should yield some significantly better weapons (which you can use whirling blades with).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 8, 2018, 12:22:05 PM
"
"
fred84 wrote:
"

Do you know about the "Sort gems by DPS" option? You've got an added lightning in there, which is a pretty terrible gem for us damage-wise.

PoB tells me your best supports with your current gear are, in descending order of damage:
Conc (55.9% damage)
Hypothermia (39% damage)
Added Fire (31.4% damage)
Controlled D (34.4% damage)
Inc Crit (34.1% damage)
P2L (29.5% damage)

Added lightning by comparison is only 13.8% damage.

That's strange, I changed to added lightining because PoB was suggesting it as the best choice I had.

I do sort the gems by DPS, but something seems to be bugged out, I'll try to reinstall it and see if it get fixed.

Any idea about the tree? I can't seem to be able to load the ones in the main post.
"
fred84 wrote:
That's strange, I changed to added lightining because PoB was suggesting it as the best choice I had.

I do sort the gems by DPS, but something seems to be bugged out, I'll try to reinstall it and see if it get fixed.

Are you sure you had glacial cascade selected as the active skill over on the left side? It sorts by the DPS of the active skill, not necessarily of the actual skill link you're working on, on the right side.

Also don't forget to check the relevant boxes in configuration. In this case:
Power charges
Attacked recently
Cast recently
Chilled
is enemy a boss: shaper/guardian

Also check to activate your damage flasks under items (shouldn't effect relative rankings of gems, except crit related gems with diamond flask).

"
Any idea about the tree? I can't seem to be able to load the ones in the main post.

Works for me, so maybe a re-install of PoB is a good idea, though PoB is self-updating but w/e, worth a try.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 8, 2018, 3:48:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info