[3.1] OutofMilk's Physical ST (Shaper down on Budget!. Clears all content including U-Atziri!)

"
AgentDunham wrote:
I don't think you can, saw a video of a guy wearing just one. I assumed "Cannot wear other rings" referred to everything except the one, I was wrong. But even one should solve mana issues and bump up that res up :).

Just tested. Only one ring allowed. But even with only one ring my mana won't drop anywhere. :)

Works pretty fine.
"
Limpani wrote:
Hello,

Reporting back after the weekend.

I created my character in HC last Friday and am currently at level 80.

I just wanted to quickly inform you on some changes I have made for this build to be more Hardcore viable.

First of all I have of course swapped out some Damage nodes in the tree for more Health etc.

You can look at my current tree to see how but I'm only 80 so it's not the finished product so to speak, flasks/gear are not perfect yet, however I have specced all the health that I intend too so only damage nodes from now on. I haven't specced Point Blank, but I'm currently speccing and unspeccing it too see what I'm most comfortable with. It depends alot on how you want to play the game mechanic wise when you're in a map, more damage at the start of your attacks but less on the rebound.

As far as armour goes I have made some changes there too, nothing special but for example I'm focusing on adding another layer of defense with Evasion + Acrobatics in the tree. So the Kitsugi chest I'm wearing currently is a very cheap alternative too Belly and is in by no means weaker, Belly's just meta and pepole intend to follow builds, which results in some items beeing overpriced just because pepole atm want the chest and it's recommended in almost all builds. But there is no logic reason behind it, there are alot of chests just as strong whom are alot cheaper right now cause they arent in all build guides. Kitsugi is a great example.

I also went full evasion on the rare parts of my armour, did obviously not go for Kaom's Roots because it makes you unable to evade attacks. Instead went for the Atziri boots with Spell Dodge, Move Speed and HP, also has alot of evasion which works out great.

As far as gem setup goes I have changed to Herald of Ice instead of Ash. Ash probably does a little bit more damage all in all, but Ice doesnt fall far behind and as Herald of Ice works diffrently it lets us use another type of gem setup for generating Power Charges.

For example:

Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Icebite - Assassin's Mark

Of course you can play with another Curse in this setup but atm I'm using Assassin's for generating Power Charges without needing the Blade Vortex setup. The reason for why this works with Ice but not Ash is because the damage from Ice if you crit and shatter your enemies, which we do almost all the time later in end game, is counted as a "Hit" which works with Curse on HIT, while Ash never has a "Hit" itself but instead has "Burn" damage. So that's mostly why you have to go with Ice for this to work.

I also went for Avatar of the Veil instead of Avatar of the Chase in the Ascendancy tree, reason beeing that Avatar still gives us alot of Elemental damage even if that isn't what we are focusing on and at the same time it makes us unable to get Frozen, Ignited or Shocked which in HC is OP and makes it alot more safe.

So I use a Silver Flask for the Onslaught effect instead.

Remember that my point of view on prices, what's effective etc is in a HC perspective but can still help you pepole in SC in some ways, for exaple the Herald of Ice setup instead of Blade Vortex.

So if your lacking defense in SC this info might still help you find a way to become abit more tanky.

Keep in mind that this is not the finished product of what I'm aiming for, it will get alot better and I will report back later on even more stuff that helps you in HC/Defense wise, if I see pepole wanting me to, I won't force it on you. :P

I can link pastebin links for the HC setup I'm going for and even more detailed info as I go if that's something you want, need to see the response on this post first, hehe.

All in all loving the build so far, works great and my HP is currently at 5.5k with some more layers of defense without losing too much Damage and my gear is far from perfect, so in the future we can easly reach over 6k HP etc.

Sorry for the wall of text if this is super unintersting, I hope this is abit helpful for someone atleast.

Hope your having a good time in NY Milk! :)

Peace!

I'm using this build aswell and have made some changes that suits me better, bit lower dps but i hate needing accuracy on items when i can get something better :D

tried to change to your HoI+ice bite setup and my tooltip went abit down but the clearspeed and safety went up by alot. thanks for the info

im currently only lvl 80 aswell but clearing t11 with ease so far
Hey guys!

Quick update;

Sorry for not being able answer most questions in the thread recently, i can see Agentdunham is doing a good job in my place atm :D!

I will be back Monday morning where i most likely need to get some rest (8 hour plane ride) and then i am back going hard on PoE.

If there is anything you are wondering about, do post them, i am sorry that i will most likely not be able to answer them, but someone else who is playing the build can maybe help you!

Cheers again guys and have enjoy :)!

-Outofmilk
Great build!

With my gear UAtz is easy doable (if u remember only one thing - DON'T try facetank Atziri small flameblast ( the bigger one too ;) ). Vaals are easy. Trio easy facetank.

Gear:
Spoiler

Would changing to Herald of Ice make much of a difference? I love the MTX.

Also, what's a good replacement for Damage on Full Life?
Last edited by ZeyonMairo on Sep 10, 2017, 2:25:51 PM
"
ZeyonMairo wrote:
Would changing to Herald of Ice make much of a difference? I love the MTX.

Also, what's a good replacement for Damage on Full Life?

The Herald of Ice setup loses abit of DPS but there is not a HUGE diffrence in power between the two, I'd say the diffrence is too small to even mention when you have everything else.

However, losing this small DPS gives us alot of other positives, for example a much higher chance to freeze enemies (especielly with Ice Bite support gem connected to it) wich in a defensive perspective is super good.

Mobs whom can't move can't do damage to you, another perk is that our Power Charge maintnance becomes automatic and if you compare to Blade Vortex it's alot safer.

Blade Vortex forces you to stand inside the mob packs for it to hit and generate charges, playing Herald of Ice let's you throw your ST on the side and still get charges.

So to make it more simple:

Pros
- Freeze Mobs
- Automatic Power charge generation
- Shatter mobs, wich means damage and the corpses can't be used for Detonate Dead and one shot us.
- Alot cooler MTX :D

Cons
- Small DPS loss.

I'd say the pros of Herald of Ice outweighs the cons, but that's for every man/woman themselfs to decide. But IF you have gem slots/links open for the Herald of Ice setup I'd strongly recommend it even if you're in SC.

As for a replacement for Damage on Full Life I'm not sure, it gives alot of damage and I'm not sure any other gem gives the same or close to the same amount of damage.

May I ask why you want to replace it?
First of all, thank you for that detailed answer! I'll be using HoI without any regrets now.

"
Limpani wrote:
May I ask why you want to replace it?

As for DoFL, I wasn't too sure if I could sustain my hp on 100% in order to make full use of the gem. But, if you suggest it, then I'll stick to it.

Just wanted to know my options.
Currently lvl 90, enjoying the build a lot so far! Any tips of what I should upgrade next though?

Spoiler
Hi , I am not an expert in path of building and i am wondering where do you get your 60% crit chance. I am currently level 92 , using 2 diamonds ring and only have 44% crit chance.

stuff:
Last edited by Dodent on Sep 15, 2017, 11:40:45 AM
Thanks for very nice build and guide. I have great Dmg but i need to change some of my items (my accout, ign: Male_Paznokietki) :)

Shaper down :)
edit: Uber atziri Down too :D
Last edited by lelo1481 on Sep 17, 2017, 9:39:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info