[3.3]Elemental spectral throw pathfinder, good endgame and maps farmer

Hello, exiles! This is my leaguestarter since Harbinger league. With this build i always have shaper and Uber Atziri killed on day 3 and now elder at the end of week 1 of the league. And i want to share this build with you.

Well, ill start from pros and cons of this build
"
PROS
Good aoe clear and solotarget damage
Fun to play
Can clear all content
6k+ life for right side of the tree
Good leaguestarter
CONS
Bad build for SSFHCBTW
Looks terrible without MTX

Here are some videos, so, you can see how this can kill endgame bosses
"

Answers on some questions you may ask
"
Why point blank?
-cause on slower projectiles, your ST will do godly damage to solotarget

Why no phase acrobatics?
-cause i don't think it worth 4 points.

Why so many jewel sockets?
-cause jewels are important for that build, a lot of my attack speed and life comes from them.

What about vaal pact?
-well, since vaal pact doesn't prrovide instant leech anymore and ggg decided to rework reflect, you don't need it now. But if you have some problems with life sustain, you can take it for 3 points.

Why pathfinder over raider?
-Because pathfinder has 7sec flask uptime instead of 4sec as raider, also this is just my favorite class in the game. And also pathfinder synergises with 5 damage flasks better than raider.

What can you say about vaal ST?
Vaal st is very clunky, but its HUUUGEEEE damage boost agains stationary targets. If you will use your 3 stacks of vaal st while shaper uses his beam he will be probably dead. That thing is really cool, thats why instead of 21/23 ST i have 20/23 vaal st in my 6l setup.

Lvling section
"
Lvling tips and trees
This build is pretty easy to lvl. As weapon, you can use any rare claw with some elemental damage or Fidelita's Spike, this weapon is pretty decent. Also, Thief's Torment is good, cause with this ring you can easily sustain incoming damage and your mana cost. All act bosses can be facetakned with this ring, if you will dodge some one-shot attacks,
and if you will have enough hp & capped resistances.

Ill recommend using following gem links during lvling:
4l
ST - EDWA - GMP - ADD.LIGHT
5l
ST - EDWA - GMP - ADD.LIGHT - FA
6l
ST - EDWA - GMP - ADD.LIGHT - FA - ELE.FOCUS

Also, ill recommend using Herald Of Thunder and Herald Of Ice during lvling, cause you can have some mana problems with 75% mana reserved from HoT + wrath.
Swap Faster attacks with inc.crit strikes once you will hit ~lvl 70

Ascendancy
Nature's Adrenaline - Nature's Boon - Master Alchemist - Veteran Bowyer

Here are some lvling trees:
~lvl 25
~lvl 41
~lvl 55
~lvl 70
Lvling tips and trees

Bandits/Pantheon
"
Deal with the bandits
Ill recommend Alira, cause she provides nice mana regen and resistances for lvling (this build was my league starter) and good amount of crit multi

Pantheon
Ill recommend using Soul of The Brine King, because stunlock is scary and upgraded Souls of Shakari for poison immunity.

Path of Building code and lvl100 tree
"
>>lvl 100 skill tree link here<<

This is pastebin of my character from Harbibnger league

This is pastebin of my character from Bestiary league

This is pastebin of my character from Incursion league

Here you can find my solotarget(shaper/guardians) and aoe clear dps numbers. But don't forget: PoB shows dps if each projectile will hit only 1 time. While each Spectral Throw projectile hits an enemy each 0.3 seconds, usually 3-4 hits per projectile. So, multiply my dps number by ~3 to get my truly dps on shaper.

Gear discussion
"
Weapon

Rare claw

Yes. Claw. Im using claws over daggers/rapiers, cause they have better nodes. After crit multi nerf, claws have just 10% less crit multi and crit chance from nodes, BUT they have generic life and mana leech, so, i dont need to take duelist's leech nodes.
MOST IMPORTANT thing on our claws are: crit chance, attack speed, X-Y lightning damage to attacks and base of claw. Best base is Imperial claw, cause it has best base attack speed and +- useful implicit. Things like wed/crit multi or other types of elemental damage are good, but not necessary.

"
Lanzatron wrote:

Also, some shaper/elder claws like this one can be interresting. Penetration is always useful, maybe there are more good mods for my build, but this is the best claw i found.

"
Phra wrote:
Thanks for the build and letting me use it in my itemshowcase.

The claw i am advertising with this build is

which is very close to BiS for this and alot of other ele focused builds.

This is an example of almost perfect claw.

Shield

Lycosidae

This shield is pretty damn OP. Yes, it has less life than rare shields, but "hits can't be evaded" mod is just too good. You don't need to take accuracy on gear/tree.

Esh's Mirror

This shield is good for mapping, cause it will give you huge amount of lightning damage during maps.

Rare shield

Also since in 3.1 drop rate of Lycosidae was reduced, before lyco's you can use rare shield with accuracy life and resistances.

Body armour

Belly of the Beast

This is best armour for almost any life build, cause 40% inc.life, especially for right side, is HUGE. But, you can use some random rare 6l with life and resistances. Ill recommend you to buy dex/int base, cause it will be easy to colour.

Rare elder armour

Rare armour with +#% to critical strike chance and high life roll is best DPS option for league. Also you can have here extra bonuses like:
- crafted #%increased elemental damage with attack skills
- #% increased maximum life
- #% of physical damage from hits is taken as elemental damage

Yriel's Fostering

This armour is pretty nice for mapping. If you will use esh's shield, it will give you some amount of accuracy, and also good MS&AS boost for your shield charge.

Inpulsa's Broken Heart

This is a really solid option too! It gives you alot of damage and nice explosions.

Farrul's Fur

This is your best option if you are playing this build on STD. It gives ~30% more damage.

Helmet

Starkonja's Head

This helmet provides all what we need. Good attack speed, some amount of crit chance, and 80+ life. Sure, you can use rat's nest/rare helmet with life and resistances, but IMO, starkonja is too good.
As enchantment, you need spec.throw damage or spec.throw projectile deceleration.

Shaped helmet

If u are lazy ass like me, then u can swap Starkonja for shaper helmet with innervate. You should put here your AoE setup from gems section.
Also, power charge on kill prefix is very useful.
With this helmet you can always run with 6l Solotarget setup in your chest.

Gloves

Rare Gloves

Rare gripped gloves with life, as, light.damage to attacks and some resistances will provide nice dps boost.

Tombfist

To use these gloves you need to get some resistances on other pieces of gear. But these gloves are really cool! With 2 good 40+ life and some flat damage abyss jewels, they will be better than any rare gloves in terms of damage. Good corruptions on Tombfist are:
- Attacks have +#% to Critical strike chance;
- #% increased Attack speed;
- #% increased maximum life;
- Curse enemies with lvl# Elemental Weakness.

This is the best possible DPS-corruption on gloves.

Boots

Rare boots

Rare boots with life/resistances, maybe crafted wed. If you can cap your resistances without two-toned base, try to get add.light/penetration enchantments, they will boost your damage.

Rings

Rare Opals

As rings, ill recommend you to get something similar. But if you can't buy rings like that, any ring with life/resistances and free prefix for craft flat lightning damage will work too. Also if you are playing on STD with farrul's fur, you need Aspect of the Cat on one of your rings.

Amulet

Rare amulet

You need amulet with high life, wed, crit multi and free prefix for flat lightning craft. Crit chance/some resistances/attributes are good too, but not necessary.
Also, i usually use bisco's collar for mapping, and only swap it with my amulet for guardians/shaper/uber atziri. Bisco's is just too good.

Bisco's Collar

This is very good amulet for mapping.

Belt

Rare leather belt

Leather/Heavy belt with life/resistances/wed/flask mods maybe.

Rare Stygan vise

Use this base if you have good abyss jewel with life and some damage.

Belt of the Deceiver

This is solid choice for killing bosses. It provides 10% more damage which is more than WED from rare belt, you can use it if you feel that you don't need extra life and resistances from rare belt.

Headhunter

And now, this is your mapping choice. If you can afford one - do it. It's just too great for mapping.

Darkness Enthorned

And now, this. You can use this belt if you will socket 2 abyss jewels with life, resistances and damage in it. Then, it will be better than any rare belt. Also you can get "phys.dmg reduction against abyss monsters" on them, and this will be like permanent basalt flask against abyssal monsters.

Jewels

Rare jewels

As you can see, i have jewels with attack speed and life. As on jewels is important, try to get at least 30% inc. as from jewels. Some proj damage/crit multi/lightning damage on jewels will be good too.

Abyss jewels

Some abyss jewels are nice too! They will give you more damage and life than generic rare jewel, but they can't roll alot of attack speed.
So, my suggestion for jewels is: get atleast 35% inc.AS from jewels, and then just use as many abyss jewels as you can. Flat life and light.damage are really good.

Watcher's Eye

Good Watcher's Eye with 1-2 wrath mods will give you alot of damage, more than any rare jewel.

Flasks

Vessel of Vinktar

Penetration vinktar is cheaper but it will give less damage than attacks one. Use either of them, but don't use conversion/spells vintkars, they will be useless cause of instant leech nerf.

Wise Oak

For some amount of penetration, this is a good and cheap damage flask
IMPORTANT NOTE: For this flask to work, your lightning resistances from gear/tree should be higher, that other resistances.

Silver Flask

With silver flask of adrenaline, your shield charge will be CRAZY. Definetly good choice.

Diamond Flask

Just to get 85%+ crit chance.

Atziri's Promise

This is simple damage boost, but it isn't that important.

If you don't like playing without life flask(idk, im fine with that), you can use life flask instead of atziri's. Also if you are gonna farm some labs, ill recommend you to take 1 life flask and Ryslatha pantheon node.

My gear from different leagues
"
Harbinger

Bestiary

Incursion

Gems & links
"
6 link spectral throw

4 link spectral throw in our shaped helmet

2 Link in gloves

4 link in boots

3 link in shield

3 link in claw

Use Herald of ice on maps with Porcupine Goliaths or you can die from their thorns.

Tooltip screenshots
"
GMP

GMP with flasks

GMP with flasks + charges + vaal haste

Slow.proj

Slow.proj with flasks

Slow.proj with flasks + charges + vaal haste

Defences

If you have some questions, feel free to ask them here!

p.s. thx sky_is_over for helping me with this guide
Last edited by 1322837 on Aug 14, 2018, 2:50:23 PM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2018, 2:13:27 AM
Hello

Could u change formatting of your guide a bit so a link to the skill tree is more visible (hide it in spoiler or something)? I wasn't able to find it.

Are you sure point blank is a good idea? Quoting PoE wiki: "If the projectile changes direction — as is the case with Spectral Throw — distance traveled continues to increase as the projectile returns to its point of origin." I'm not sure what's the total distance traveled but I think damage bonus at the end of it gonna be very low or even negative. And at the same time it greatly decrease your aoe dmg.

Have a good day :)
"
Amongalen wrote:
Hello

Could u change formatting of your guide a bit so a link to the skill tree is more visible (hide it in spoiler or something)? I wasn't able to find it.

Are you sure point blank is a good idea? Quoting PoE wiki: "If the projectile changes direction — as is the case with Spectral Throw — distance traveled continues to increase as the projectile returns to its point of origin." I'm not sure what's the total distance traveled but I think damage bonus at the end of it gonna be very low or even negative. And at the same time it greatly decrease your aoe dmg.

Have a good day :)

hello, okay, i'll change my skill tree link.

About PB - yes, this is good choice. Cause with slower projectiles, projectiles wont travel too big distance, so, they always will deal ~50% more damage. But yes, on GMP sometimes damage will be lower with PB, than without, but... This build has a lot of damage, so, even with 50% less damage, trash on t16 will die almost instantly. But difference in solotarged damage on slower projectiles with point blank and without is huge. You can test this buy yourself :)
Added Uber Atziri video!
Ops sorry saw in the main topic
Last edited by gopotan on Aug 26, 2017, 9:53:32 AM
do u think raider would be a good option or is pf just better because the flasks
For a 5L chest, which gems do you recommend?

Is there any problem if i killed all the bandits?
Last edited by urenemy on Aug 26, 2017, 3:43:26 PM
"
Tobinator wrote:
do u think raider would be a good option or is pf just better because the flasks

for raider, i'll recommend you try g00fy_goober's st build, cause it has just better tree for this class. My build has bad tree for raider, cause u can achieve only 6 frenzy charges.
"
urenemy wrote:
For a 5L chest, which gems do you recommend?

Is there any problem if i killed all the bandits?

for 5l, ill recommend you to drop elemental focus

nope, there are no problems, maybe you will have problems with resistances, but if not, its ok ;)
How do you sustain mana on this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info