[3.0] Dual Wield Sunder - budget friendly/SSF Shaper/end game viable(w/mini ssf guide) Now Video!

This is an awesome simple guide with a solid build for any budget. I'm glad you took the time to make this and I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Been playing with the tree to get the damage even higher but the numbers aren't worth the investment yet. I hope to improve that soon.
Last edited by bobveka on Sep 28, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
Made a small change to the build that isn't perfect for everyone. OP has 690k tooltip with all flasks up and such. I changed numbers for those who are able to get a +1 max curse ammy and used the essence worm ring since res and life can be made up for on a jewel. Added punishment on blasphemy to take the damage to 937k but that damage is only true if you get hit. Otherwise you lose 30k damage while mapping due to no phys now on a ring. Otherwise you can use elemental weakness for 726k damage. Or frostbite for 735k.

The other choice was simply dropping artic armor for taste of hate and determination with the enlighten gem for 745k damage.

Does the build need it? Nope. But it's a nice goal to keep upping your damage if the rest of ones build is complete.

Hopefully others can come up with better ideas. I've tried converting to elemental and scaling the cold with frost bite, but that made shaper damage too low for a decent clear.

I feel like there is something big that can be done to take damage and defenses further but I haven't quite figured out how yet.
Yea kinda hard to scale damage besides better item rolls. There's no crit or ele conversion stuff. On the plus side the gear is really easy to come buy(or cheap to trade for). For example just look for a phys dmg/life/resist ring vs phys/crit multi/WED/ar/life ring. They both do the same thing for this build but the ladder probably cost my whole char or more. Anyway thanks for the compliment and analysis. I uploaded a video of the beachhead map you guys can find it in vid section.
Last edited by yao86w on Sep 30, 2017, 4:36:48 AM
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
I'm venturing into SSF myself, it looks like you just need to ID a lot more rares. ID a ton of shit for the slots you need especially in the beginning. Bound to get some good rolls even if they aren't the best base. Once you have some decent starter gear, you can be more selective in what you pick up, but for now you can't be picky with what you have. Don't be afraid to spec into some resistance on the skill tree as well based on current needs. You're pretty close to a couple decent nodes.

I've been IDing almost every rare with the right bases (any one-hand weapon, armor based chests/boots/gloves and just about any amulet and ring). It's not always easy to be sure that any pick is an upgrade, but path of building helps and for resists, it's pretty clear ^^

I tried to be subtle. You threw that right back in my face, so now I'm going to call you out. No way those gloves are the best you've found, that right ring is making my head hurt, helmet??. You're telling me it's 'pretty clear' to find upgrades, but it looks like you are struggling with the basics of gearing. +max life and res man, stack all of it. I have replaced so many pieces, I'd bet I have 3 pieces in each slot with better rolls. They're out there.

Lol ^^
No need to be subtle. I sometimes have trouble knowing if one gear is better than the other, that is definitely true. Yes. I do have trouble with the basics of gearing.
However, do you ID everything even if it's not the right kind of base ? For example, would you ID an ES helmet? I haven't been IDing them because they don't seem to fit the build since we want armor. Should I be ID'ing those ? And won't the gain in resists be compensated by the loss of armor (I know armor and resists apply to different kind of damage, I'm talking on average in a map) ?

EDIT:
So, I ID'd a bunch of ES gloves and helmets, and I crafted a nicer ring, and almost all of my resists are maxed (except lightning which is at 73%). However, I now have less armour than at the beginning. Is that really better?

For a concrete example, I now have a belly of the beast (which gives me about 500HP). What would a chest have to look like so that I replace the belly of the beast ? Is any 6L better? (not that I have any ^^). How does the trade off changes if I have a kaom's roots (I already dropped one of the cards)?
Last edited by guiniol on Oct 1, 2017, 4:45:09 PM
Just finished merciless lab after dropping a nice belt of the deceiver ^^
I dropped a Singularity Platinum Sceptre. If I put it in my offhand, the damage increase should work for sunder, right? I'm confused because it says "71% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Hindered Enemies". Sounds pretty cool if it works, but I sad because I can't use whirling blades. What would be the next best thing for replacing whirling blades?
You have a gem that uses endurance charges however I dont understand how this build generates them? Can you newb it down a bit for me, thanks
"
joshleeman wrote:
You have a gem that uses endurance charges however I dont understand how this build generates them? Can you newb it down a bit for me, thanks

Not an expert, but if you're talking about immortal call, the endurance charges only lengthen the duration, but it still works without them.
Any tip for the shaper? I havent any problem with some boss except the shaper. I know that i need more dps because my problem is the time, the floor finishes full of shit.
Im testing in pob with steel rings but i think that there isnt a significative increment. How many dps is a "minimum" for the shaper? in pob, with shaper's parameters, my dps is about 188k dps with steel rings ( without flame golem because it dies fast and without ancient warchief ) and 170k with my common build.
With normal parameters, im in 230k dps with common build with the flame golem and ancient warchief.
"
guiniol wrote:
I dropped a Singularity Platinum Sceptre. If I put it in my offhand, the damage increase should work for sunder, right? I'm confused because it says "71% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Hindered Enemies". Sounds pretty cool if it works, but I sad because I can't use whirling blades. What would be the next best thing for replacing whirling blades?

Yes it works the same as "nearby" mod on belt of the deceiver. The range is 25 which is like 1.5-2inches around your character. Not ideal but usable. The 30% increased elemental damage helps a bit with hatred as well. You can use leap slam instead of whirling blades to move around.

"
Pelujo wrote:
Any tip for the shaper? I havent any problem with some boss except the shaper. I know that i need more dps because my problem is the time, the floor finishes full of shit.
Im testing in pob with steel rings but i think that there isnt a significative increment. How many dps is a "minimum" for the shaper? in pob, with shaper's parameters, my dps is about 188k dps with steel rings ( without flame golem because it dies fast and without ancient warchief ) and 170k with my common build.
With normal parameters, im in 230k dps with common build with the flame golem and ancient warchief.

I would try to leave the frost pools to the edge and pop flasks after dodging the beam as he stands still for a bit. This build isn't great at killing bosses so you have to compensate by doing the mechanics better. Your damage should be good enough tho. I think I had similar dps when I killed him for first time. You can use herald of ash instead of arctic armor for a little more dps. I use arctic armor so I don't die farming and lose a lot of exp for being high level.

"
guiniol wrote:

So, I ID'd a bunch of ES gloves and helmets, and I crafted a nicer ring, and almost all of my resists are maxed (except lightning which is at 73%). However, I now have less armour than at the beginning. Is that really better?

For a concrete example, I now have a belly of the beast (which gives me about 500HP). What would a chest have to look like so that I replace the belly of the beast ? Is any 6L better? (not that I have any ^^). How does the trade off changes if I have a kaom's roots (I already dropped one of the cards)?

Armour doesn't matter that much. For body armor if you find a 6socket astral you can try to 5l it for probably more resist and better damage. You should id all pieces that you can use. Basically anything besides pure dex or int pieces is fine.
Last edited by yao86w on Oct 9, 2017, 11:13:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info