[3.0] Dual Wield Sunder - budget friendly/SSF Shaper/end game viable(w/mini ssf guide) Now Video!

Thanks for the build. Playing this in non ssf and loving it. For jewels what are your recommendations? Phys dmg, dmg,life, attack speed I am guessing
"
Karibean12 wrote:
Does sunder loses a ton of damage while dualwielding?

nope you get 20% MORE phys damage and 10% MORE attack speed for dual wielding. Plus your off hand gives additional stats/damage. Compared to an atziri's disfavor my setup does about the same as disfavor but cost less. Not to mention while there's only 30% chance to block for DW it's better than nothing. Most important reason is you attack very fast. Which means there is NO GAP between you taking a big hit and instant leeching back to full health. Also you can use movement skill to jump around the map faster which make your clear speed faster.

E: btw dont go by the ingame dps for dual wield. It's wrong. It thinks you alternate between both hands but sunder only uses main hand and only use axe/mace/staff.
"
jjmccaw wrote:
Thanks for the build. Playing this in non ssf and loving it. For jewels what are your recommendations? Phys dmg, dmg,life, attack speed I am guessing

Thanks glad you like it. For jewels yea what you said.
Also if I may make a recommendation, you can take primal spirit instead of druidic rite. It's the notable above druidic rite which give you 20 int and increase flask charge gained. You lose the increase flask effect but looks like you have low int from gear so it will help with leveling up concentrated effect.

"
Evo85 wrote:
Thank you very much build is doing great solo tons of dps and I haven't even set into the weapon yet. Anything you recommend? The axe you have is godly btw.

Sorry didn't catch this. You can search for 300+ dps axe on poetrade(or whatever you can afford)
http://poe.trade/search/yenakinotarumo

and get a prismatic ecplise for your off hand super cheap
http://poe.trade/search/uihoyomomoosio
Last edited by yao86w on Sep 11, 2017, 2:55:09 AM
First off, thanks for the guide! I came across this looking for something SSF viable as I started playing on XBOX One (I have a few thousand hours on PC played, just wanted to see if the port is any good). I’m really grateful I went with this as “trading” on the console is pretty difficult, but the build is flexible enough that it’s fairly easy to put together something strong even without “perfect” gear. It’s a shame I can’t link my gear, but it’s pretty similar to what you have. My flasks, gems and skill tree are basically the same too. I got lucky a little bit here and there while building into it. I picked up a white 5L/6S Astral Plate for 5c, and got decent rolls on my first try with a Screaming Essence of Greed. Trying to get a sufficient amount of fuses is a chore, so while it only took around 300-400 fuses to 6L it (super lucky, if you ask me), it was over the course of a few days of trading for small amounts at a time. So it took longer than it would have if I rolled this character on the PC (assuming I was just as lucky).

Other noteworthy things:

Spoiler
I found this axe in the wild:

It had a bleed chance roll, but I used an Annulment orb hoping to remove the accuracy roll, but I missed. Still left me open to add attack speed, so I wasn’t too mad at it.

I bought this jewel for 20c:

XBOX prices are weird

I found 3 exalts and a divine so far, playing fairly causally (1-2 hours a day during the week, 6-12 hours a day on the weekends).

The best unique drop I’ve found was an Essence Worm. I also used an Ancient orb on Rotgut and got me a Witchfire Brew, so that was pretty lucky I suppose.

I also think I’ve been lucky with the Divine Vessels. I’ve found 5 of them, so I was able to max out both major and minor Pantheon gods I’m using (Soul of Lunaris & Soul of Yugul)

Video of the T15 Beachhead Harbinger mab boss fight:

I would highly recommend this as a league-starter/SSF build, or to someone who is new to the game as it is one of the more straight-forward ones I’ve come across. Thanks again!

Hello!

Thank you very much for the build.
Trying this as my first SSF character, and second character overall (pretty new to the game ^^). I'm in act 6 and I only died twice, both times because I wasn't paying attention. I haven't died to a boss, even Kitava which was impossible with my other build.

Anyhow, I'm having trouble with mana so I have to disable hatred and chug potion like an alcoholic... What would you recommend? I've been trying to chance a wurm molt, but not such luck. I see that you mention soultaker, but I'm not at maps yet ^^

I'm also having trouble with not enough INT/DEX for the gems, so most of my items have additional INT/DEX crafted. Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

For the secondary weapon, basically, weapon stats do not matter, so we are only interested in global bonuses. My current offhand only provides INT and a +18% global crit multiplier. Is that the kind of things I should be going for? I found it a while back and I can't seem to get anything better. I don't have a prismatic eclipse. I see you use the princess, that "only" provides the hatred like additional cold damage, right?

You can check out my character from my profile for more details. Any suggestion welcome! I believe I'm pretty bad at crafting and it's not always easy to understand what is better and what isn't.

Cheers!
"
guiniol wrote:
Hello!

Thank you very much for the build.
Trying this as my first SSF character, and second character overall (pretty new to the game ^^). I'm in act 6 and I only died twice, both times because I wasn't paying attention. I haven't died to a boss, even Kitava which was impossible with my other build.

Anyhow, I'm having trouble with mana so I have to disable hatred and chug potion like an alcoholic... What would you recommend? I've been trying to chance a wurm molt, but not such luck. I see that you mention soultaker, but I'm not at maps yet ^^

I'm also having trouble with not enough INT/DEX for the gems, so most of my items have additional INT/DEX crafted. Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

For the secondary weapon, basically, weapon stats do not matter, so we are only interested in global bonuses. My current offhand only provides INT and a +18% global crit multiplier. Is that the kind of things I should be going for? I found it a while back and I can't seem to get anything better. I don't have a prismatic eclipse. I see you use the princess, that "only" provides the hatred like additional cold damage, right?

You can check out my character from my profile for more details. Any suggestion welcome! I believe I'm pretty bad at crafting and it's not always easy to understand what is better and what isn't.

Cheers!

Hey thanks and thank you psyonix glad you guys are enjoying the build. For your mana problem I recommend taking the leech nodes at the bottom of the dualist section in the link below
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAH0ACSEAADvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82fjrFHHZfIIHwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUteu9AoCFgwYuBQTXvOu108Y9gbyeaavhfX9AhkOoQAAAAAAA=

You will have to spend a few respec points to refund those leech nodes after you get pain reaver ascendancy, it's no big deal tho.

As for int requirement problem yes you do need some int on your gear. As for dexterity you will get a bunch from going to ranger section so don't worry about that. Your character looks good focus on getting to end game for now. As long as you aren't getting stuck at progressing the acts don't worry about gearing.

The off hand is not important for you right now. When you get into maps, the recommended off hand weapons are quite common. Crit multi is not useful as we cannot crit from taking resolute technique. Your off hand has int so it's fine for now. If you come across one with +int/resist or "increase elemental damage with attack skills" any of of those mods will help you. To your question about princess you are correct it's like another mini hatred buff 25-30% additional damage as cold damage.
Cheers dude!

Recorded my first run in with Chimera, pretty easy fight if you ask me: https://youtu.be/DYg1K9VzQtM
"
yao86w wrote:
Hey thanks and thank you psyonix glad you guys are enjoying the build. For your mana problem I recommend taking the leech nodes at the bottom of the dualist section in the link below
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAH0ACSEAADvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82fjrFHHZfIIHwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUteu9AoCFgwYuBQTXvOu108Y9gbyeaavhfX9AhkOoQAAAAAAA=

You will have to spend a few respec points to refund those leech nodes after you get pain reaver ascendancy, it's no big deal tho.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I saw the comments and I'm heading for those ATM, still a few levels away. And Pain reaver does mana leech too (didn't realise until now), so I guess I'll keep them until I can get pain reaver. And yes, I should have enough refund points (I already spent a few on refunding the axe cluster I had foolishly spec'ed into; I will take that cluster if I find a really good axe for endgame content ^^ Or I'll take the corresponding mace/sword cluster depending on the gear I find).

"
yao86w wrote:
As for int requirement problem yes you do need some int on your gear. As for dexterity you will get a bunch from going to ranger section so don't worry about that. Your character looks good focus on getting to end game for now. As long as you aren't getting stuck at progressing the acts don't worry about gearing.

Ok. Good to know. And yes, I'm definitely not getting stuck. I thought my first character was really powerful, but going back to it after this one... there's just so little damage and so little life ^^

"
yao86w wrote:
The off hand is not important for you right now. When you get into maps, the recommended off hand weapons are quite common. Crit multi is not useful as we cannot crit from taking resolute technique. Your off hand has int so it's fine for now. If you come across one with +int/resist or "increase elemental damage with attack skills" any of of those mods will help you. To your question about princess you are correct it's like another mini hatred buff 25-30% additional damage as cold damage.

Ah, yes, I forgot about RT. I guess the only good thing is the INT then. I have another sword with +1 to socketed gems but no INT, I'll check to see if I can craft some INT on it (otherwise I can't use the blue gems :/).
Just chanced Wurm's Molt! No more mana problems (still going to take the leech nodes, but that's about 5 levels away)
have you tried rigwald command as offhand? seems op
Not for this build. It's basically the same as prismatic eclipse with 3 red sockets. With 3 green sockets prismatic eclipse gives more damage and doesnt cost however many exalts rigwalds cost.
Last edited by yao86w on Sep 21, 2017, 10:53:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info