Unofficial Offline Skilltree Calc (Delete the Data folder to update. Stop posting "update please" )

Just thought I'd drop by to give thanks, Headhorr.

The tool will be useful for backing up my Standard League character builds if there should be a passive reset on release.

Thanks for the hard work and putting up with users/players who may not be as appreciative.
Discovered a strange bug.

"
Start with marauder

Skill Highlighted nodes in this order;
Ballistic Mastery
Chance to freeze
Freeze Duration
Whispers Of Doom

Save new, with no name. Press Reset move onto ranger and repeat.
After ranger do the same with witch>duelist>templar>shadow, in that order.

For some reason it doesn't save the different class builds, attempting to load any build results in the Marauder's build being loaded, but even then only partially;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxtglJ11JZ5vUjxkuJ-2sqlnzwBpmnvrSHRSPRqcI2CQ2xR8CBAdMs1AwLR9tGcHzoqN_xhGWDkiiLg==

I've tried
- Closing and re-opening program after builds saved.
- removing savedbuilds,Skilltreeadress.txt, and the entire data folder. Didn't work.
- checking if savedbuilds and folder was set to read-only
- enabled run as admin and tried again. no luck.
Yesterday it worked fine and was able to switch inbetween builds with no problem.

Oh the horror at having to use the passive tree thingy here.. ._.
Last edited by Dainis82 on Oct 14, 2013, 5:15:35 PM
Fantastic tool, has really helped me enjoy the game more being able to test/compare builds.

One feature I was hoping for in a future release is if the stats table on the side had a static table so you could directly compare stats between two builds side by side or as close as possible.

If I want to compare two builds I'll copy the passives to my clipboard and paste them into two text files side by side and then have to hunt each stat and compare. If they were lined up in a similar way it would make this much easier.

Minor quirk to a great program.

Thanks again.

Is it possible for you to make this open source?
"
Dakaa wrote:
Is it possible for you to make this open source?

Yes
http://code.google.com/p/path-of-exile-skilltree-planer/
it is open source.
at least the source is available (even if its badly/non existent commented). just open your eyes.
guess i should try to port it to windows forms as i realy hate wpf (and the stupid xaml crap)
I had some serious performance issues with WinForms.
Couldn't get to scroll the tree nearly smooth.
It was worse than the tree on the website.

As for badly commented: Of course it is. I hacked it together in 2-3 days with some minor fixes along the way.

While I will fix it up for the release once I get my hands on the skilltree file with the new character,
I won't be adding any new features soon.

Also, if you want to keep a backup of the old skilltree, you'll need to keep a complete folder of the current version, not just the data folder.

The next might be incompatible with the old format.
Last edited by Headhorr on Oct 22, 2013, 2:13:45 PM
thanks alot. works great
do you have data folder compatibile with exilepro builds?
Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere in this thread but Endurance Charges are 4 physical reduction and 4 elemental resist now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info