Are you guys watching the big fight this weekend?

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:
Connor is an amazing striker. He's fast, hits like a truck and his hits come out of nowhere. I think that he definitely has a chance.

I almost want Conor to win just to shut up all these boxing purists. xD

Also completely unrelated...Jon Jones failed another drug test. He's probably going to be stripped of his belt and it'll likely be the end of his career. Who would have guessed. lol

It's a shame really, he is such a talented fighter. Possibly one of the best out there. *shrugs*

How can people say he's the best or one of the best when's he's juiced up? I'd be pretty good if they let me cheat and take a gun into the octagon. Anyway to me cheating invalidates all prior accolades. So no he's not amazing. He's a cheater. Hit and run driver. General dirt bag.

I'm just a combat sports fan, it's really all I watch, no football, no basketball, no soccer etc - because to me all those are just derivatives of combat sports which is to say imposing your will on another - might as well go with the original. Conor has zero chance in ring just like Floyd would have zero chance in octagon.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 25, 2017, 3:18:24 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:
Connor is an amazing striker. He's fast, hits like a truck and his hits come out of nowhere. I think that he definitely has a chance.

I almost want Conor to win just to shut up all these boxing purists. xD

Also completely unrelated...Jon Jones failed another drug test. He's probably going to be stripped of his belt and it'll likely be the end of his career. Who would have guessed. lol

It's a shame really, he is such a talented fighter. Possibly one of the best out there. *shrugs*

How can people say he's the best or one of the best when's he's juiced up? I'd be pretty good if they let me cheat and take a gun into the octagon. Anyway to me cheating invalidates all prior accolades. So no he's not amazing. He's a cheater. Hit and run driver. General dirt bag.

Putting how you feel about his cheating aside, you can't deny the dude has some serious talent. Juicing can only take you so far if you don't have the skills. He clearly has skill.

Doesn't make him any less of a cheating douchebag though. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 25, 2017, 3:16:16 AM
They all are talented but steroids give a huge edge enough to make a champion out of talent. I only respect those clean for this reason. like Mighty mouse for example.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 25, 2017, 3:25:21 AM
Yeah, I fully agree with you but you don't have to respect someone to acknowledge their talents. And IMO he has more talent than a good majority of the fighters in the UFC.

I'm just curious about what's going to happen next. Will they just give the belt back to DC or will they hold another title fight? I don't remember shit like this ever happening in a championship fight in the UFC.
Thats cause USASA is fairly new. I mean like 2-3 years. I think most champs are clean these days except jones it seems. The right thing to do is No Contest his last fight and give DC the belt back. Mouth breathers won't respect it tho so DC is screwed either way because apparently jones will be getting a 4 year suspension meaning DC will be like 43 years old when Jones comes back. Too old to fight really.

So yeah Jones not only ruined part of his career. He screws UFC and DC and really the whole LHW division. Just sad.
Git R Dun!
Wait. They passed their decision and he's only getting a 4 year suspension? What. The. Fuck...
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm just a combat sports fan, it's really all I watch, no football, no basketball, no soccer etc - because to me all those are just derivatives of combat sports which is to say imposing your will on another - might as well go with the original. Conor has zero chance in ring just like Floyd would have zero chance in octagon.

We don't know whether he's juicing or not atm. All we know is that he failed a test. They are doing a retest and investigation right now.

Here is an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/23/16194676/agent-jon-jones-devastated-by-failed-drug-test-believes-it-to-be-another-tainted-supplement

Spoiler
“I can almost bet my life on it that this is another tainted supplement,” Kawa said.

“You’ve got to just take a look at the testing and how this thing went down. Jon passed two (random, out-of-competition) tests, July 6th and July 7th, ... and in passing those two tests, they test for all of that stuff we failed for. So therefore, you’re talking about from the day he passed that test until the day before the fight, he would’ve had to have ingested something that would’ve caused this test to come out positive.

“The problem that we’re having with that is that he passes all of the random tests, but then the one test that we know about, the one that we for sure know about, is the one that we fail? So, something here is not sitting right. I’m assuming it’s the supplements we took. We just obviously got to get to work on it, see what was taken that month, that three-week period, that week of the fight, and figure it out from there.”

“I know Jon better than anybody, and I’m telling you, this man does not cheat. He has no reason to,” Kawa said.

“I’m encouraging everyone to go out there and take a look at the tests he passed and the test he failed. It’s a three-week window the month of the fight. Jon has passed seven unannounced tests, and the one he’s going to fail is the one that’s announced? It’s weird to me, there’s a lot of things here that don’t add up, and to the UFC, it doesn’t add up.

“The UFC knows. They look at his tests on the 6th and the 7th, and he passed both of those, there’s nothing in his system. So for him to start doing steroids, especially the steroid they’re saying he took, he would’ve had to have been doing that steroid for awhile for it to actually do anything. He just took it to take it? I mean, to me, there’s a lot of issues with this. That’s why I just wish ... they would change the way they released information, absolutely, because I think that if the B sample comes back negative, then this man just got crushed again for no reason.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info