Solo Self-Found Manmode 1 Week Race (March 3rd Event)

Meh, died at 33 (I know, I'm super slow), unceremoniously getting shock stacked amidst a champion pack after being lulled into a false sense of security of an hour of those same mobs not really making a dent into my health pool. Just another lesson in taking breaks and not playing tired. -_-

Anyway, I don't have time to make a new racer and don't want to give up on this char yet, gear and build are fine, was just my own error. So I made a new stash tab on default and will only use that one and see how far I would have gotten in the week under SMASH rules.
It's a Staff Marauder who avoids elemental damage because I think they are playing too big a part in DPS for melee.

<edit>
Who am I kidding, it's just not the same. *creates a hopeless melee witch*
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind on Mar 4, 2013, 5:39:36 PM
The funny thing is that I see many people with 'SMASH' in their name and partying and or selling/trading..

(Not doing the smash thing myself, just an observation)
Hi there. I am the smashing smasher DAT_Smashh,

some people asked me whats my gear is like since i cleared Piety merc and some maps.
Playing leapslam /inferal blow similar to Kripps build with some differences.
Was lvl ~59/60 when i went straight into progression from ac2 till maps without farming.
3.2k hp
80all res
2600dps leap slam
5200dps infernal blow

I DO NOT recommend to do what i did. There were several close calls. I did it for the lols and the fact, that I have no chance to get any good prices - cant play much the next 4 days.

Keep smashing!
Last edited by Zaak28 on Mar 4, 2013, 10:57:52 PM
^That is some amazing gear Zaak! Great job on making it so far.

This is my first melee character since open beta and I am really enjoying it! I just got this new mace last night at lvl 40 and it put my Heavy Strike dps over 1k so i am happy!

Hey just popping by to say I am racing this style... been looking for this damn post for ages, so obviously I don't have "SMASH" in my name. Playing with character: Ogmander. Disappointed to see tempest shield on the ban list, lucky that I did not grab it yet lol :D So far I abide by the rules, nor trade etc. etc.

At some point I have to decide between dual wield or shield and now that I read no tempest shield I'm undecided once again. Probably will be dual wield (the nodes that put me in a certain roll come into play at the end).

I'm also wondering why lightning warp and molten shell are on the not allowed list, those seem not out of place for manmode, though I guess you can do some cheese builds with those, but nothing that doesn't put you into the middle of enemy groups.

Last edited by Ozgwald on Mar 5, 2013, 10:43:58 AM
yep, same here, I wanted to do a build with tempest shield, I don't really understand why it's "banned".
if the reason if because you can block ranged attack (and they take damage back), it's not a good reason.

everyone will do a 2H leap marauder then?...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Mar 5, 2013, 9:05:06 PM
This really was a great idea and I am happy to see everybody giving the melee some love!!

Can't wait to see the upcoming tweaks for melee builds since I love playing leaping, bashing marauder.
Kripp seems to be like the only one who thinks melee is fine in act 3, but then again he's like 6 or 7 levels above the content.
@Aelloon
and he's also using a pretty boring build (all the usual keystones at the bottom).

but I was expecting him to be in the top spots of the race, I guess you can't make an innovative build and win races.

I don't really expect to win, so I'm gonna test something different for the sake of it.

I will also spec into shield block, even if I can't use tempest shield...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Mar 6, 2013, 5:14:52 AM
pls add me to exilestats, thank you very much:

notrashbutsmash

gl and stay safe!
ign: oberarmklaus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info