Path of Exile on Xbox One will Launch on August 24

"
Atum84 wrote:
Hello,

I didn't want to create a new topic so I post it in here.

It's about the question whether PoE will launch on PS4 also.

Can the developer GGG _honestly_ answer this question like "Yes, in xx months" or "No, not at all"? I mean XBox is from Microsoft and the PC version is also Microsoft related. But PS4 is from Sony, so why would Microsoft want to half the revenues and so on?

If there is any official update on this topic, then let me know plz =)

KG

You don't really expect one of ghose answers do you?

The game isn't Xbox dxclusive, and unless GGG are dumb they will have plans for a PS4 release. The only question is when.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Atum84 wrote:
Hello,

I didn't want to create a new topic so I post it in here.

It's about the question whether PoE will launch on PS4 also.

Can the developer GGG _honestly_ answer this question like "Yes, in xx months" or "No, not at all"? I mean XBox is from Microsoft and the PC version is also Microsoft related. But PS4 is from Sony, so why would Microsoft want to half the revenues and so on?

If there is any official update on this topic, then let me know plz =)

KG

pc and xbox are similar to program for

ps4 doesn't have the same architecture, so no, it can't be on ps4.

LOL. PS4 does have the same architecture. Infact the PS4 is more like PC than the Xbox.

The big difference is MS has a suit of tools to help porting from one platform to the other easier.
You're not gonna get the answer you're looking for. It's harder to port to PS4, but totally possible to do. The port to XB1 was already a long-term project from a relatively small team, and the launch (and post-launch maintenance) aren't even done yet. If the XB1 option proves profitable and they want to try to reach the larger PS4 market, I'm sure they'll announce that project in next year.
any news on when and if we'll be linking our microsoft accounts to the poe website?
Is it the 24th yet ?
Psalms of Moribund
hi all just wondering if theres going to be online multiplayer for xbox one?
^ Yes, of course it will. 6 player online co-op.
Knowledge is power.
6 players ? wow that's stupid. 6 people in the Wardens jail, yea that sounds fun.
Psalms of Moribund
"
menacegb wrote:
LOL. PS4 does have the same architecture. Infact the PS4 is more like PC than the Xbox.
Problem is, xbox OS is castrated windows, while PS runs something based on BSD, so porting poe to ps4 will be on par with making a linux port of the game. Looks to me like a hell of a lot more work compared to porting to xbone.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
2 more days woohoooo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info