Stuck on a loading screen

This never happend here before, but now one char is stucked on the (first time) entrance to the forest encampment. Several minutes of waiting seem not to change anything, had to close the game (tried multiple times). switched to america server and back didnt solve the problem, loading another char also dont.

Last idea was to move the char to the shore camp (over the am. server) and this finally gave me the chance, to create a new instance of the forest camp to enter it also on europe.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
If you're frequently getting a "E_OUTOFMEMORY" error when changing areas, you can put -gc 2 at the end of your Path of Exile shortcut (Open the shortcut properties, and add a { -gc 2} after the last quotation mark). If this still doesn't help, try -gc 1. Doing this will increase load times between areas you have visited, and similar areas.

this worked for me, since i added -gc 2 i have not crashed
my Marauder adoomgod is stuck.

I was in a party doing fellshrine runs in merciless and got disconnected. I can log him into europe but not america.
Having major sync problems again - opened a portal to town - ran to the stash and blink and I was back at the portal this happened 3x in succession finally it disconnected me again :(

Been disconnected maybe 7 or 8 times tonight - forget how many - just a lot! Just not loading some instances for me, hanging on the loading screen - loads and I see no characters to choose (its empty) now I cant connect at all. Some of this time was in a party some was when I was playing alone.

"
Having major sync problems again - opened a portal to town - ran to the stash and blink and I was back at the portal this happened 3x in succession finally it disconnected me again :(

Been disconnected maybe 7 or 8 times tonight - forget how many - just a lot! Just not loading some instances for me, hanging on the loading screen - loads and I see no characters to choose (its empty) now I cant connect at all. Some of this time was in a party some was when I was playing alone.

Try changing to an alternate server (American/Europe) and see if this changes anything.
Balance & Design
hmm its a little better on Europe (thats my usual one) its really quite bad on the American one for me - at the point I cant keep anything alive :( cause I think I am somewhere different to the game and I am being mobbed and bashed to death and I am only seeing a loading screen or think I am clear. Sooooo frustrating. Did the reset the router, rebooted, turned off virus stuff (eek) not helping me :S

Rebooted and reset router and stuff for a second time today and its a lot better. Maybe its my end but I still have no idea how to fix it - very frustrating replaying the early stages over and over cause I get so lagged / sync'd out I die all the time :( never used to be like this so frequently.

Edit: hmm another disconnection :( he was doing so much better
THis just happened to me for the first time.

I played during the recent open beta weekend
and now again since purchasable beta keys
were available so am new here.

This is the sequence:

Took my new HC ranger to act2 camp for the first
time and got the WP there. Decided to log
out and switch to HC witch who had camped
in the same ACT 2 camp the day before.

When attempting to log in on the witch the
game did not load the act2 camp. The game did
no appear hung as I could tab out. Waited minutes.
Had to kill the process.

Went back to my HC ranger to log in again . Same
thing. The act 2 camp never loaded. Tabbed out
to get to task manager so could kill game process.

After many tries of doing the same came here
to read this thread.

Tried logging in on my HC duelist who is in ACT1.
Managed to log in there okay. Ported him to
another Act1 Telepad then back to act1 camp. No issues.
Logged out to try to log in on the above two
mentioned HC characters. Same issue. Never got past
the load screen for act2.

Kill game task, reload. Go to my DEFAULT league
act 2 witch who was camped at act2. Loaded that okay
and all seemed fine.

Exited and back to the ACT2 HC witch to log in.
Again, can not log in on those characters.

At this stage I appear to be locked out of 2 of
my characters. I see no clear solution to this
posted on this thread by any developer.

At this point I consider those two characters
a loss.

I will followup if they free up again.

I am now afraid to spend more time on this game given
this seems to be a persistent problem that people
have been reporting with no solution listed that works (that I saw listed).

Will be happy to try suggestions though.

EDIT. I just tried one of the suggestions I did not try before.

I logged in and picked the EURO server and logged in
okay on my character which that had the issue.
I then exited to log in screen and reselected the
American server (the one I normally use) and then
again managed to log in on that character.

So I guess that works. That sure is a odd bug. I hope
they find it and flatten it.

3RD eDIT TO FIX a errant which and to report
this happened again in another game session
a few hours ago. Attempting to load 2nd act village
again. This time a game restart fixed it and didn't have to resort to logging to a Euro server first.
Again was in HC game session if that matters.
CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
Last edited by Buzi on Apr 8, 2012, 1:00:17 AM
I sure hope they fix this soon as it does get quite annoying.
It's been 30 minutes and I still cant log into my character, still stuck at the loading screen. Able to play by doing the switcheroo american to euro server but it's still a big pain.
I'm now having this problem after latest patch. I cannot load into any zones on either of my characters it just hangs on the loading screen.
Last edited by Kokunai on Apr 8, 2012, 7:52:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info