Audio Feedback.

More choking sound effects when foes are getting owned by my poison arrows.

I noticed a few types of enemies would make coughing/weezing noises...adding more of these for different enemies would be awesome!
"Path of Awesomezile"
"
DirtyDuck wrote:
More choking sound effects when foes are getting owned by my poison arrows.

I noticed a few types of enemies would make coughing/weezing noises...adding more of these for different enemies would be awesome!

I like this idea! I'll try and add this to the dialogue recording list (though not sure if it will make it into the game)
The audio guy.
It would make the cloud of poison I often have going on with my Ranger all the more ... satisfying.
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
Last edited by Xorjt on Apr 2, 2012, 7:08:28 PM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
"
BrecMadak wrote:
I really disliked the moans of goatmen, they sound like any another animal dying. Goatmen should make a sound much more guttural and daemonick both when they engage in combat and upon death.

Best example imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--2j5FSauM

Goatmen should be a special monster in PoE as well, as they were my favourite monster type in Diablo I. Please keep an eye for them :)

I Agree, I will look into making the goatman audio a bit better.

Hello again Andrew, any progress regarding this issue by any chance, or is this in a low priority ? Thanks for reply.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
It may happen, but it is VERY low priority! But maybe :)
The audio guy.
I played through the free weekend and I must say that I am a bit underwhelmed by the audio. A few opinions and suggestions that I have.

There is overuse of some of the sounds, or at least it sounded to me that there is, but I guess there's more stuff coming in the near future. Too many grunts, like 'ughs' and 'arghs' everywhere, when attacking, casting, or getting hurt. Those could be easily replaced with shouts, heavy breathing and such. What I liked was the hitting sounds of certain weapons, especially axes, where there is a very fleshy ending to it.

The music is mostly very good but in some cases it doesn't support the mood of the current area very well i.e. in the few very dark areas of the game. I suppose there will be more music coming with the coming acts.

Ambient sounds are somewhat too loud throughout the game.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Overall sound was superb. Some random remarks from your character while fighting or entering an a new area would be a nice addition.
The Ironic Remarks of the Warrior in D1 pop into my head - especcialy when he killed Bosses. That would work perfectly for POE.
I'd like to point out that some of the weapon hit sounds seem to be lacking. I find out that for example, sweep, lacks a sound effect on hit that would make it more satisfying.

Now while sweeping I really feel like im hitting them with a brush or a pillow imbued with knockback.
"
Witheringx wrote:
I'd like to point out that some of the weapon hit sounds seem to be lacking. I find out that for example, sweep, lacks a sound effect on hit that would make it more satisfying.

Now while sweeping I really feel like im hitting them with a brush or a pillow imbued with knockback.

True, people been wanting more of a wet, bloody bashing type sound that when an axe licks the meat off of from your body and throws it out while doing so !
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info